Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 10:50 AM   #81
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

OOC: Since EXK posted she left only after I left and since Nurvingiel posted that she and the other recruits went on without Eärniel but after Xen and Fingolfun came outside, I'm going to try to get Eärniel out of this paradox with no or a minimum of editting required.

IC:
*Suddenly Eärniel burst from around the corner and nearly bumps into her new recruits. She's breathing rather hard, as if she had run to catch up with them.*

Eärniel: *eyes wide open and clearly suffering somewhat from an adrenaline rush* Ah, there you all are! Let's go, no time to waste. The tide waits for no ship and all. And we better get on board before eh... the guy I dumped head first in the garbage bin calls his palls. This way, please.

*Eärniel starts leading the new recruits at a very brisky space towards the ship. They have to run to keep up with her.*

Nurvingiel: You did what?

Eärniel: Here I was thinking, why don't I take the back door? Nice, quiet, unseen. Turned out it wasn't such a good idea as I found an... old acquintance waiting for me. To cut a long story short, I dumped him in a trash can and ran. But the point is, he's probably not alone. Incidentally if this comes to a fight, try not to kill anyone, eh? *sighs* Cirdan is so not going to like this...

Count: Like what?

*But Eärniel doesn't reply, instead she suddenly stops so that the others nearly bump into her. Before them in the alley, stands a man, obviously waiting for them. Behind them they hear the footsteps of at least three more.*

Eärniel: Oh, bugger.

Last edited by Earniel : 01-06-2005 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:59 AM   #82
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Sorry I forgot about you E. But you snooze, you lose! Nice extraction though, I don't believe any editing is required on our parts eh? I'll wait for PippinTook and CC, methinks I've godmodded enough for them.

IC:

*If we're trying not to kill anyone, I'll just leave my sword strapped to my pack... and my bow unstrung... also strapped to my pack.... aw crap, she thought. Well, I haven't been in a proper fist-fight in a while... but maybe we can still get out of this. She decided to try something unconventional...*

Nurvingiel: Good evening gentleman, and how are you doing this fine night?
Men: ...
Nurvingiel: We were just going for a pleasant stroll ourselves, so if you'll excuse us...
Man1: Oh I don't think so missie. Your friend there *points at Eärniel* has some explaining to do.
Nurvingiel: Well that's unfortunate. You are at a disadvantage. You see, there are four of us, and only seven of you.

*And now I know who their leader is, Nurvingiel thought. I'll make sure he goes down first...*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-06-2005, 11:17 AM   #83
Earniel

OOC: Snooze?! I can't always have time to be on 24/7, have pity on me and keep me in the game. And no, no editing on your part needed.

IC:
Eärniel: Look Tandol, I've explained it to you like a hundred times already. The water got into the cargo bay and was damaging the goods. Now I couldn't let all that good chocolate go to waste, now could I?

Tandol: Have you any idea how expensive that cargo was? 100 boxes of praliné filled chocolate! And you ate it all!

Eärniel: It was a long journey! And you were too stingy to get me some decent supplies. Besides I didn't eat it all, I traded a lot of it on the islands I encountered on the way home. And I distinctly remember offering you the money I got for it but you threw it back in my face.

Tandol:*turning slightly red* It wasn't even half of what the cargo was worth! And you disappeared with it before I was done ranting at you!

Eärniel: You threw the money in my face, was I to leave it all lying on the ground? I knew a lot of better ways to spend my cash. Besides, you're never done with ranting.

Tandol: *little veins are starting to stand out on his forehead* That's not true!

Man2: But she's got a point, Tandol, you do rant a lot.

*Tandol was distracted for just a moment but that was all Eärniel needed. She jumped forward and planted her elbow forcefully in Tandol's stomach. The man went down howling. Before Tandol's friends had time to act, another one doubled over, hit in a very important bit of his anatomy.*

OOC: Street fight!
Old 01-06-2005, 11:36 AM   #84
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Unknown to Xenoia, she was walking away from a situation her crew had gotten into. She shook long past memories from her mind, remembering that Fingolfun was a skilled elf, perhaps he could help.

XK: Aye. Me quest. Well, I'm captain of a ship now. My sister...
Fingolfun: Eruviel?
XK: She's dead.
Fingolfun: She's dead?!
XK: Well, undead... *Fingolfun raises an eyebrow and she shakes her head* Long story there. Never mind. Basically, we're on the trail of some of our old crewmates who stole the holy wine we were after. Not to mention treasure. But mostly the wine. And revenge.

Behind them a small group of men burst out the door of the Inn, hurrying away. Suddenly, something smacked into her brain and she froze. Four figures creeping around the Inn...they were all tall...not a hobbit-sized fellow amongst them. Fingolfun opened his mouth to speak but Xenoia cut him off again.

XK: My crew! *spins around*

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-06-2005, 11:48 AM   #85
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: I know, I was just joking. I didn't mean to forget!!

*Well, looks like Eärniel will take care of the leader, Nurvingiel thought as she joined the fray.*

Nurvingiel: You had your chance fellas!

*Nurvingiel attacked one of the men at random. He tried to punch her in the face, and she dodged the the side, kicking him in the stomach. One of his buddies grabbed her arm. Why would you grab only one arm, she thought as she punched him in the face. This gave the first guy and opening, but as she half-turned to block his attack, he inexplicably collapsed, doubled over and groaning in pain. She kneed the other guy in the solar plexus, dropping him to the ground.*

Nurvingiel: Thanks Pansy.

*Pansy grinned, and went after someone else.*
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-06-2005, 01:08 PM   #86
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Ooc; just a quick post because the bell rang.

IC: Sicirus turned to face a rather tall man with a piercing in his nose and lip. His long black hair was darkened by the dismal lights in the bar.

Sicirus: Nay mate I am not the catptain. but if ye be intersted in our crew then tell me about your skills.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:57 PM   #87
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

*"Oh bugger" thought the young man. "They seem to have started without me." He decided that being slightly above average height was going to help here: all their opponents had suddenly become very interested in their lower extremities as Pansy darted in and out. The young man took this opportunity to bash the tops of their heads as they looked down.*

Count: Now THAT's a good street fight.

Eärniel: Shut up and help MORE.

Count: Oh, right.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #88
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

Faligorn leaned in closer, his eyes lighting up My name is Faligorn, I hail from the land of Lebennin, in south Gondor, he said, drawing on his pipe and well skilled am i in the handling of boats of many sizes, living nigh to the anduin
Old 01-06-2005, 09:44 PM   #89
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Tiny: Ok I'm gone to go pack..And when I come out...This is what you guys are doing?! NO NO!! Stop...Fighting doesn't do anything...just more hate . Guys!!! Don't!!
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 01-06-2005, 09:52 PM   #90
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

OOC: For the benefit of the new crewmembers we will now have a re-cap of everything that has happen to the so called 'mutineers.'

IC

Several weeks had passed since the former Master at arms and Quartermaster of the 'Nal' had taken the Wine and a long boat and rowed away from the battle at top speed. In this time they had found a space/time anomaly in the middle of the ocean that would take them back to the world from which Willow originated from. Hoping that their crewmates would follow soon, they rowed through. Once back in Kiacca they were soon picked up by a passing ship and now found themselves in the city of Mainsia, the largest, and only, official port of the Solis Empire, a busy city in which Tano and Willow are currently just a bit lost...

Tano: Why on earth didn't you tell me this place was so BIG, and bright?

Willow: I had forgotten. Solis and Faerin are half a world away from eachother, it's been a long time.

Tano: Do you have any idea where we're going?

Willow: Yes, amazingly. We're looking for a theater.

Tano: What for?

Willow: Information. I guess I should explain. In Kiacca most things of... supernatural qualities, are regulated and remembered by peoples called Guardians. There are Guardians of Innocence, of Power, and of Knowledge, and all of these are Gaurdians of Balance. This world is completely balanced in every aspect, at least, it's supposed to be. It wobbles fro time to time and that's when the Guardians step in.

Tano: Point being?

Willow: The people we're looking for are human guardians of knowledge. Actors. They rmember the oldest peices of knowledge within their plays and they can direct us to a Guardian of power who will help us.

Tano: Are you sure?

Willow: Yes, she'll have to, she still hasn't paid her ransom.

*There is a pause in the conversation as Willow flies briefly upwards. She lands and pulls Tano down a sidestreet, they stop in front of a low roofed brick building with large double doors.*

Tano: Is this it?

Willow: Yes, care to knock?

OOC: I know this is confusing, I'll explain what's going on in the discussion thread.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 01-07-2005, 01:58 AM   #91
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Gulio headed to her room upstairs in the inn to grab her things. She came back down and looked for the person who hired her. She spotted her talking to someone else, so she hung back and waited for her to finish her conversation before asking where this ship she was to be working on was.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.

Last edited by Gulio, Strength of Many : 01-15-2005 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:59 AM   #92
Earniel

Eärniel: Ah Tiny, sorry about that. *ducks fist of assaillant* I meant to take you with us but with my rather hasty exit in the bar *ducks another fists* I quite forgot about you.

Tiny: But why are you fighting? Stop it!

Eärniel: It's one of the interesting results of you mentioning my name a tad too loudly in the bar. *ducks fist* You'll find out that a pirate's life is full of these *ducks fist* surprises.

Tiny: But this doesn't resolve anything!

Eärniel: Probably not but I didn't started it.

Nurvingiel: Yes, you did!

Eärniel: Ah, yes. *evades another fist* But they were asking for it! *to assailant who has been very hard trying to hit her for the past few minutes* And will you stop that while I'm trying to talk to someone here, will ya?

*With a quick movement of her leg, Eärniel kicks the man's leg from under him. A hard fall on the street's cobbles and a fist in his stomach makes him consider whether to get up again.*
Old 01-07-2005, 06:50 AM   #93
Elfmaster XK

XK hurries towards the scuffle, noticing Fingolfun has not moved.

XK:Well? Are you coming? Because I'm not about to stand here and let Eärniel and my new crew get hurt.

She turns and carries on; the figures she'd seen come out of the bar were running towards the struggle, and she ran too. They were just about to reach the group, one had drawn his sword and was heading straight for Eärniel. XK ran faster, bowling right into him and knocking him over. She grabbed her dagger, standing on his hand that was clutching his weapon. She was about to strike when a hand closed around her wrist.

Eärniel: No, don't kill anyone...Cirdan will be angry!
XK: Eärniel, I think you should run. Now. Back to the ship. You...

She stopped, as the man she had forgotten she was stood on grabbed her leg with his free arm and pulled her over. Eärniel kicked his sword away and as he knelt up she kicked him in the stomach, sending him reeling back to the floor. Behind them, the others had formed a group and were heading towards XK and Eärniel. Nurvingiel was involved in a fight of her own, and CC was relieving Pansy of two attackers.

XK: Get back to the ship!

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-07-2005, 08:01 AM   #94
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Eärniel and Xenoia stood together as the group approached them, menacingly. Not twenty feet away, Nurvingiel was engaged in hand-to-hand combat with an opponent of her own. CC and Pansy, having dealt with their assailants, joined the captain and first mate.

Nurvingiel was suddenly picked up at the waist, and flung into the air by her rather large attacker. She landed at Pansy's feet, and--a little shaken--immediately stood to face her opponent.

But it wasn't just one opponent any more. The group was larger now; at least fifteen men strong, and they had formed a circle around the crew, drawing steadily closer. The crew were back to back, clearly outnumbered.

Suddenly a bright light erupted next to them. The assailants standing to the left of the bar entrance turned to look, but found the light too strong to endure, and felt their legs give way. Xenoia and the rest of the crew tried to cover their eyes from the blinding light with their hands, giving up their guard momentarily. Eärniel managed to glimpse a shape amid the light, but her vision remained blurred.

The group began to scatter. With the crew still partially surrounded, there was nowhere for them to go. The assailants, uttering incomprehensibly from fear, tripped and stumbled as they tried to escape the heat of the light.

And just as suddenly as the light had appeared, it disappeared. The crew, dropping their hands from their eyes, found themselves to be alone, with the last of the dark shapes scurrying away into the shadows.

Eärniel: What was that?!

Fingolfun joined the crew.

Fingolfun: Come. We should not linger here. Xenoia, where is your ship docked?

Last edited by Andúril : 01-07-2005 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:05 AM   #95
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nurvingiel (muttering): I can't believe I just let him do that... (thinking of getting tossed)

*At the appearance of the Elf Lord, for Nurvingiel immediately realized he was an Elf Lord, she paused. She wasn't sure to make of the mysterious disappearance of their opponents. She did know it made her want to go to the ship in a big hurry, and figure it out later.*

Nurvingiel (quietly): But what about the people still at the pub?

OOC: Hey Gulio, I'm glad you noticed my questionable math.
Quote:
Old 01-07-2005, 12:24 PM   #96
Elfmaster XK

XK: *to Nurv* You weren't expecting it. Are you all right? Eärniel, are you all right?
Nurv: Sure.
Eärniel: I'm okay.
XK: Right. Sicirus will look after those left at the Inn. Let's go. *starts walking* Oh...and I suppose I should thank you. *Looks at Fingolfun briefly, then starts walking away* Well, let's just call it one of the favours you owe me.

The group walked in almost silence, following Xenoia away from the pub. Pansy was humming quietly, which Eärniel didn't seem to like. She kept scanning the area. It was making Xenoia nervous, but the group arrived safely at the dock.

XK: This is the Nance-a-lot, my ship. *pats hull* And now she's your ship too. Treat her well. If you'll all climb aboard, quickly. I think we need to get Eärniel out of sight.

She hangs back a little, watching the others go aboard, remembering the first time she and Eärniel had boarded this ship. Under the command of a different captain. Those dock workers had thought they were crazy. With a slight sigh she clambered aboard and walked over to lean on the main mast. The others were looking expectantly at her, but she just smiled. A moment later, Flannery leapt from the rigging to stand next to her. Almost as one, the group took a step back, and Eärniel took a step forward, glancing up at the two other figures making their way down from the crow's nest.

Eärniel: Alright, Flannery?
Flannery: Aye.
XK: Everyone, this is my master of the watch, Ignatius-Bob Flannery. Just call him Flannery. And I guess you have all noticed he's of..eh...the undead. But don't worry, he's really well behaved.
Flannery: I'm not a pet!
XK: *grin* When you get your duties, it's Flannery you'll be seein' if there's a problem.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-07-2005, 01:16 PM   #97
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Being an Elf of Mirkwood, Nurv is understandably wary of undead things...

Nurv: But I should have been prepared for unexpected things... meh, oh well. Kind of a pointless move to pull on someone anyway.

*She climbed up the rope ladder hanging over the side, and on board the Nal for the first time...*

*At the introduction of Flannery, Nurvingiel began to wonder what sort of ship this was exactly. Something undead did not seem wholesome in her mind, and was reminded of the evils of a fortress she did not care to name in her homeland. Though she had not lived in the Woodland realm for many years, she had a deep, patriotic love for her home. She regarded Flannery warily and didn't introduce herself.

Nurv (to the captain): Erm..... yes... what are our duties? Given the circumstances, maybe you have some special, short-term orders...

OOC: BTW awesome last post there Anduril.
Quote:
Old 01-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #98
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

*The young man, who hadn't smiled since the fight started, broke out into another manic grin at the sight of Flannery. Of course he took a step backward with the rest of the new recruits: it was only fair to pay the respect that was due. But still, he grinned.*

Count: Yes, it would be rather nice to know exactly what we're supposed to do right now. Especially with the others back at the pub.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #99
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
OOC: Shiza! Does this boat have a gangplank or a ladder?

*There was a small noise from the dock and Flannery peered down to see what it was.*

Flannery: Captian, there appears to be a waif following us.

*Once the captian was in view of the "waif" she began her speach from the end of the gangplank*

Waif: Good evening most gracious captian Xenoia Karris. *bows* I have been sent to you as a guide to lead you to the world of Kiacca, where Willow bids you follow. She has commanded me to follow your orders exclusively. Your will is my command. Call me whatever you like.

OOC: How's that for a friendly gift?

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Old 01-07-2005, 04:29 PM   #100
Elfmaster XK

OOC: Yeah, gangplank. You got it. And a friendly gift, eh? You’ll see…

Xenoia stares down at the thin little beggar on the dock and turns to face her crew. She looks particularly at Nurvingiel and the Count, who ‘want something to do.’

XK: *muttering to self* Willow bids we follow. *Exchanges a dark look with her first mate.* Luthien, get down from that rigging and watch the docks for movement. If you see anything suspicious ring the bell. *pause* Count Comfect and Nurvingiel; bring this…thing, aboard. *Turns to the vampire* Flannery, get yourself below decks before the light comes up. I want Eärniel, the Count, Nurvingiel, and the prisoner below decks and in my cabin in three minutes. *Turns and heads for the door below decks.*

Fingolfun: And me?

XK: Stay with Luthien and Sarin. I’ll have a job for you soon; all three of you.

I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 01-07-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Closed Thread