Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 07:45 PM   #41
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nurvingiel: I've been to the Shire... I don't think Hobbits should be underestimated.

*Nurvingiel thought, Oh you've only just met the lady, why do you have to open your big mouth!? You only just learnt her name...*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-03-2005, 07:45 PM   #42
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Ethuiliel: If you don't want an ale-loving dog, don't keep it. It's not that hard.

Sicirus: *glares*

Ethuiliel: Fine. Your problem. *to dwarf* Sorry about that.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 01-03-2005, 09:09 PM   #43
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Tiny- When it comes to stressful situations..Well I try to get everything done good and on time..You may get the odd yell... But other than that I'm good...Just Don't please don't put me in a hotel..That was hell for me.

ooc- sorry...had to put that..lol. Sorry i didn't post for awhile..I'm in school now so I won't be posting much..As much as can though.
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 01-03-2005, 10:16 PM   #44
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Sicirus: Waht do you mean I don't want an ale loving dog??? Are crazy? Those ar ethe best kind. *huggles dog as dog looks up content with new spoiling owner*

Ethuliel: But they way you just said you had an ale loving dog made me think you didn't.

Sicirus: *Laughs* I've always wanted a pet who could hold his liquer.

Gulio: *stares at the two arguing about an ale loving dog* (These two are nuts)
Old 01-04-2005, 06:23 AM   #45
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*Eärniel shot Nurvingiel a quick glance. Not such a shy and quiet Elf as I first thought, she mused, this might turn out to become quite an interesting voyage indeed.*

Eärniel: Oh, believe me, I'm far from underestimating Hobbits. From my experience you can't trust the little buggers within the range that they can throw a stone. No offence meant, of course. I can see you can hold your own, miss Hobbit. But fighting orcs is one thing, for one they're stupid and slow. Have you ever fought Elves, Men or Faeries? Because that's more what you can expect on our sort of trips.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:05 AM   #46
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Xenoia nodded at Tiny. The little elf seemed to expect something more, but Xenoia was thinking. This little elf...it was a tough life on the Nal. But she seems to be confident in her work. Xenoia nodded again, making a decision. She downed the rest of her pint and stood up.

Tiny: Hey! What about this job then?
XK: You're hired. Welcome aboard.
Tiny: Aboard? The job's on a ship?
XK: Aye. My ship. My name is Captain Xenoia Karris. You see that elf over by the bar? That's Eärniel, my first mate. Over there in the corner, with the dog, that's my second mate, Sicirus. Now, I must ask ye, if you'll be so kind as to make your way over to the dock. Our ship is docked at the harbour...biggest brig there. I'll need you to sign in with my master of the watch, his name's Flannery and he's ah...well, of the undead, so you'll appreciate my needin' you to do it at night.

XK smirked at the look on Tiny's face, but the little elf steeled herself and smiled back. Xenoia nodded curtly to her and strode towards the bar.

XK: A pint, my dear barman, bitterale.
Barman: Aye. Here y'are.
XK: Thanks.
Xenoia hands him some coins and turns when the barman starts speaking.

Barman: So, a sailor are you?
XK: Aye.
Barman: Just passing through? With a cargo, I daresay?
XK: *raises eyebrow in suspicion* Passin' through. For repairs.
Barman: Oh, I see. *nods* Strange characters walkin' round here these days, that's all.
XK: Mmm. Strange days these, themselves, if I may say so.

She winked at the barman and walked away. Squinting through the clean patch in the dusty window pane she could see it was still dark. They still had some time before they needed to be back. Xenoia glanced back at Eärniel, who seemed to have been detained at the bar, so she made her way towards the man at the back of the pub. He was drinking something red from a tall glass. Xen quashed a smirk as she remembered her sister's fondness for "a drop of red." She straightened and approached the table.

XK: Good evening, young sir. Might I join you in a drink?

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-04-2005, 03:53 PM   #47
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Count: Be my guest. I'm sorry, but I couldn't help overhearing something about... ships and the undead?

*The young man's face broke into a huge grin*

Count: Because if I'm right and I did hear that... I want in, whatever it is.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:04 PM   #48
Elfmaster XK

Xenoia leans back in the chair, staring at the young man. She can see in his eyes he craves adventure...or at least wants to get away from here.

XK: Mighty hard to remain unheard in this place, wouldn't you say?

The man nods and opens his mouth to speak, but Xenoia cuts him off.

XK: So what if I mentioned the undead, the ocean? You feel the call of the sea perhaps? *pauses* What's your name, anyway?

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-04-2005, 04:34 PM   #49
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Count: They call me the Count. Whatever my real name is, or whether that is my real name, is a bit lost up here. *gestures towards his head* But as to your other question. A call to the sea? Somewhat. I just got off a ship, I enjoyed it, I'd be up for another adventure. But the undead thing, that really fascinates me. You see, where I come from *at this point he starts off on a long discursive explanation of the various types of undead around, then pulls himself up short* at any rate, I was forced into an interest. And anything is better than waiting here for Cirdan to pick up my old pir... I mean ship's crew.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:53 PM   #50
Elfmaster XK

Xenoia frowns slightly at the man's stutter, but decides to make nothing of it.

XK: The Count, eh? Hmm. *takes a gulp of her ale* And an unusual interest in the undead. What a curious individual ye are.
CC: I have sailing experience, if you're looking for it...
XK: Aye. You seem like the only one here who has. Alright. What other skills have you got that might be useful for a captain, looking for a crew? *goes back to her ale, still surveying the Count very carefully*

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-04-2005, 05:07 PM   #51
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*Nurvingiel sipped her ale, still thinking about the Sea. After a while, or maybe sooner rather than later, she discovered her tankard was empty and ordered another. She couldn't wait to get out to sea... and couldn't think of anything else. She wasn't paying to the conversations around her, but was vaguely aware of Eärniel and the Hobbit Pansy talking nearby.*
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-04-2005, 05:13 PM   #52
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

*Pansy takes a sip of her ale and shifts in her seat comfortably. This elf was asking a lot of questions. Pansy grinned at the other elf who backed her up. Nice fellow.*

Pansy: I'll admit I haven't gotten into lengthy fights with big folk, nor have I even met a faerie, but I'm sure I can take on anything you throw at me. You see, I have a certain weapon along with my natural limberness and swift feet.

*Pansy grinned at the thought of her 'weapon'. It wasn't exactly conventional, but very useful in more than one way.

Pansy: Soooo?

edit: 1100th post for moi!

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
Old 01-04-2005, 05:15 PM   #53
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Just so you know, Nurvingiel is a fellow in the loosest sense of the word... and by that I mean a woman.
Quote:
Old 01-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #54
Earniel

Eärniel: Anything I can throw at you, eh? To be truthful, I can throw quite a lot at people and they seldom get the chance to duck.

Pansy: Ah, but I won't have to duck, I'm small enough!

Eärniel:*smiles* If you're as quick with that weapon you mentioned as with yer tongue, you might have found yourself a new adventure, but not just yet. Incidentally what is that weapon of yours? Judging by the size of that grin, it ain't the usual pointy family heirloom.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:42 PM   #55
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Tiny standing near the table she was looking at was trying to find Xenoia, but just called her name.

Tiny- Xenoia! You still here?
XK- Yes, I'm still here..why?
Tiny- When do I go to the ship..or whatever? I'm just wondering..I got to go back on my last shift and than I'm quiting..I only have to work for another half a hour. Is that ok? Thats why I'm asking how long I have to be to go on it.
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 01-04-2005, 08:17 PM   #56
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

*The young man noticed the small cook asking the sailor (his instinct said she was the captain in her own question) a question. He turned back to the sailor though, realizing he'd been asked an important question himself*

Count: We-ell, there's always the fencing practice. Tends to help in fighting, if you're doing any of that. But frankly, I'd have to know what sort of thing you WOULD be doing. I mean, I can ride a horse, read a map, and recite epic poetry, but I'm not sure which of those, if any, is going to be useful. Although I think saying I know how to swim might be a good start.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:23 PM   #57
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

XK: Can I come back later and tell you all that? Because I have to go run and grab something okay?

Tiny: Okay, come back anytime...I run this run down bar anyway. They'll need to get a new person to run this place. Oh well. Anyways...Just come back whenever...No one really cares. Laughs

Tiny walks over to Eärniel to go and introduce herself.

Tiny: Hey Eärniel. Nice to meet you. I'm your new Chef on the ship. My name is Tiny. Long story aobut my name ask Xen. She Knows.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:33 AM   #58
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: Sorry 'bout the delay...

ic: Gulio: *raises eyebrow at the two strange people discussing an ale-loving dog* Yeah, we dwarf women aren't all that common, and few ever come this far west.

Sici and Ethuiliel: *keep talking about SloMo*

Gulio: *clears throat*

Sici: Oh, right. Female dwarves. Don't see many of those.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:17 AM   #59
Elfmaster XK

XK watches Tiny go back behind the bar, looking fairly pleased with herself.That one has got somethin to learn about discretion, she thought, glancing around the Inn. Luckily, no one appeared to be taking any notice. She turned her attention back to the count.

XK: I see you're a shrewd man, count. Let's just say the skills you have will come in handy. And you'll know this, after this there's no goin' back.
CC: Alright.
XK: We're on a quest to retrieve somethin'. A holy artefact, ye might call it. Anyway, my sister and I found it, but it was stolen by mutineers. *takes big gulp of ale* And I and my crew, would like it back.
CC: Ah...
XK: That's not to say there won't be treasure on the way...oh yes, there will...
CC: We...
XK: Oh, and one other thing. There might be somethin' aboard to get your interest in the...eh, dead going. *grins* So, are ye interested?

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-05-2005, 08:34 AM   #60
Earniel

*Eärniel winced mentally when Tiny laughed in the middle of the bar and then walked straight to where she, Nurvingiel and Pansy were talking, to declare in a loud voice that she would be the new cook aboard the ship. Eärniel could nearly feel how everyone's attention turned to them, which never was a good sign in her line of profession. She downed the last of her ale and ordered another one before answering Tiny in a quiet voice.*

Eärniel: For one thing, that's captain Xen to you. And I'd be a wee bit more careful with mentioning either us here. I have a bit of a history in this town and I kinda would like to keep a low profile. For once it'd be nice that I'm able to leave Mithlond without being chased out.

*Tiny looked so downcast that Eärniel immediatly berated herself for being so hard.

Eärniel: But let's just forget that for now. Why don't you get your things together? I have a feelin' a quick departure may be in order...

Last edited by Earniel : 01-05-2005 at 08:40 AM.
Closed Thread