Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 04:31 PM   #21
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*Nurvingiel considered the other elf's words, ale momentarily forgotten. The way she put it seemed so logical... and she liked the other elf. The way she explained piracy, it didn't seem wrong at all. She sounded honourable, even though piracy seemed less so. Something was niggling at the back of her mind, but the new, intense desire to sail clouded her reason. Acting a bit out of character (for normally she would be abhorred at the ideas behind piracy, she said...*

Nurvingiel: Well, I know I have the stomach for battle. If we were trying to achieve a quest, I could handle occasionally attacking another ship. But I have two questions. What is your name?

Eärniel: Eärniel. And you are?

Nurvingiel: Nurvingiel o-

*She had almost said "Nurvingiel of the Woodland Realm", but stopped herself. As she hadn't lived there in years, there was no point introducing herself formally like that*

Nurvingiel: Erm... just Nurvingiel. My other question is, what is your quest?

OOC:
Old man from scene 24: What is your favourite colour?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-02-2005, 04:54 PM   #22
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Ethuiliel: Did you really think I would spend my whole life in one place? I may not like the sea as much as you do, but I do want to travel every once in a while. At first I wasn't going to come here, but a little birdy told me that an old friend would be here. No, really, I was in Dol Amroth and I could have sworn that one of the sea gulls said something about a ship coming to Mithlond having someone I knew on it. And you? what are you doing on land?

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."

Last edited by ethuiliel : 01-02-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:01 PM   #23
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

The tiny elf shrieked loudly 'Anyone! Hire me?' After a moment's pause and a little staring from those around her she let out a frustrated sigh and slumped back in her chair, banging her tankard down on the table. In the corner, XK sat, smirking to herself. She swilled the last of her ale around the bottom of the tankard and swallowed it in one, slamming the pewter vessel down with a bang and standing. She had noticed several enter the Inn since she and her crew had done, and she glanced around, taking in a man sat alone and without a drink, those stood at the bar, and the tiny elf sat angrily by herself.

But time wasn't an issue; these people would remain here a while.

Over by the bar she could see Eärniel chatting to an elf, and elf who looked uneasy just talking to Eärniel. And Sicirus, she was over in the opposite corner, conversing genially as if to an old friend. XK sighed and stepped down from the raised platform she'd been hiding upon and walked over to the table where Tiny sat. At first the little elf did not move, nor acknowledge Xenoia's presence. However, once Xenoia had grabbed a small stool and screeched it to a halt at her table, Tiny was indeed staring at her. Xenoia smiled her crooked smile.

XK: 'Allo there...Tiny. Havin' some work troubles?

Tiny said nothing.

XK: P'raps I can get ye a drink, eh?

OOC: Nurv... Love it. Incidentally, my favourite colour is blue. I do hope you also noticed the title of the original thread and could guess its origin

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 01-02-2005 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:09 PM   #24
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

OC; LOL MOnty Python.

Ic: Sicirus: YEah, birds are kinda creepy around here if you breath in the slat air to long. But don't worry you aren't alone in that catagory of nut cases. *says this while making choclate dance*
Well I joined a crew on a ship called the Nance-a-lot or the Nal. We just finished a quest to find the Hoyl Wine. The oldest and most precious wine in the world. But we lost it to some traiter crew mates with sharp objuects so we need to go off and find it again.

Ethuliel: That sounds more exiciting then living with our people and making bows all day long and trying to keep out of sight of humans every two second.

Sicirus: *thinks for a moment* You know we lost a lot of your crew members on our last journey and we need some fresh blood to sail with us. Are you willing to join our crew and have one of the best adventures a pirate can have? I mean we will be plundering and drinking alot but hey its a great life compared to staying wit these land lovers and climbing trees that hit you back all day. (refering to ents and Old man Willow)
Old 01-02-2005, 05:52 PM   #25
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Ethuiliel: *laughs* sure. It might take a while to get used to the whole piracy thing... but I do think I'm getting rather sick of this place. And I missed you. It'll be great to be together again. No one else is nearly as interesting as you.

Sicirus: *laughs* Oh, there's plenty on the Nal.

Ethuiliel: Great! So, when do we leave?

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 01-02-2005, 07:46 PM   #26
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Sicirus was over joyed to see her friend again and was anticipating their journeys together in the wide open seas battlling other pirates with pointy objects and things that go boom. Sicirus decided to order a small ale (well kinda small) and walked up with her friend to the bar and signald to the barmaid to come over when she finished chatting with a rather small elf.

Sicirus: I would like to order a house Ale please. Haven't eaten anything today except chocolate.

Barmaid: Coming right up.

The Barmaid returned with the ale and Sicirus took a long swig then smiled happily.

Sicirus: Want to share a bit of a meal?

Ethuliel: *stomach grumbles angrily* Sure.

Sicirus: *recoils from angry stomach.* Then we'll take a plate of...

Ethuliel: A plate of crones with bread and butter with a salad and the house soup.*licks lips*

Sicirus: *stares* .......Okay!!!

As the two friends ate their meal a rather starved looking dog walked up to Sicirus and began to nibble quietly off of her soup. The dog was a greyish blue color. This was said to be a bad luck color for this type of dog. And the dog too has not had such a lucky life.

Sicirus:* takes up the bowl of soup and notices the thin dog laping from it* HEY!!!!! What are you doing you mangy little.....

Dog: *Wimper...Whine..Wimper...wide eyed look (Puss In Boots look )*

Sicirus: You...you...you...YOUR SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!

Barmaid: HEY..There are no pets allowed in this here bar. You must tie him up outside or leave.

Sicirus: But he's not mine....

Ethuliel: Now he is. *watches the dog take the oppurtunity to lick the bowl clean of soup due to her firends lack of attention.*

Sicirus: *too busy petting and cooeing over dog to notice angry barmaid* SO CUTE. I'll name you Slo-Mo.

Ethuliel: But he's a ...

Sicirus: *cooes louder over dog*

Ethuliel: ...a....never mind.

Last edited by Sicirus : 01-02-2005 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:59 PM   #27
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Talking to XK Well sitting at a dark loney table

Tiny- Why yes. I wouldn't mind a drink just before I go on my shift. I go back on my shift in a half hour. But the only thing is I want to find another place to work. I'm sick and tired of this place. I hate being the Main boss here.

XK- Yea I noticed. I could see you yelling in the bar that you want someone to hire you.

Tiny- Yea, I just want to work somewhere else. You want to search around to find a job as a cook for me somewhere? I would appericate that.
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 01-02-2005, 09:20 PM   #28
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien kept a sharp eye out on the surrounding horizon. She had been up here with the vampire for almost two hours and they had not seen a thing.

Luthien: Well, Flannery, I don't really see much. Why was the captain so paranoid about this place that she had us keep such a sharp watch? I mean, what could be more weird than having a member of the undead on your crew? No offense.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Old 01-02-2005, 09:23 PM   #29
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

A dwarf sat in the corner with half a dozen empty mugs scattered around her. She sipped on her current ale as she watched the various happenings in the Red Swan Inn. The cook, apparently sick of this place, had screamed for someone to hire her, and much to Gulio's surprise someone did. One of three people who Gulio had never seen before was talking to her, apparently about a job. These people seemed like sailors, and Gulio was considering approaching them about work. It had been about a month since her ship wrecked, and she was eager to be out on the high seas once again. After taking a last swig of her ale, she set the mug down and wondered how she was going to approach these people, all of whom were having a conversation with someone else. She shrugged, and decided to wait a while longer.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:37 PM   #30
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

After cooeing over the greyhound for many minutes and receiving many odd stares from men and women in the bar. Well except the Nal crewmember s who were all to use to Sicirus's strange out cries as well as each others. Sicirus finally stopped cooeing and offered the dog some of her meal to the great annoyance of the barmaid who had decided there was no use to trying to kick this person out. After all she did buy two more mugs of ale..inlcuding one for the dog who now looked a litte tipsy. After their meal was finiahed Sicirus turned around and noticed a table cluttered with mugs and Ethuliel only nodded at the table.

Ethuliel: Looks like a dwarf to me. Wow, a very thirsty one too by the looks of it.

Sicirus: She keeps looking over at us. I wonder if...

Before she could finishe her sentence Slo-Mo ran over to the dwarf to finish off one of her half drunked mugs of ale.

Sicirus: EEEPPpp!!!!! Better get that. HEY Slo-MO get back here. (Okay due to the fact that name sounds insulting I hope the dwarf doesn't take it that way.)
Old 01-02-2005, 11:11 PM   #31
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

OOC: lol, you had to put SloMo in here, didn't you?

IC:
Ethuiliel: *runs after Sicirus* Sicirus!!!

Sicirus just keeps running after the dog.

Ethuiliel: *mumbles* It's hopeless. *normally, to the dwarf* Hello. I'm *helps Sicirus hold the dog back* Ethuiliel.

OOC: Siri's gonna kill me. Yeah, it's Ethuiliel... she just didn't log herself out and I posted without checking who I was posting as.
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean

Last edited by sirigorn : 01-02-2005 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:37 AM   #32
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Gulio: *quite angry because some dog got her ale* I'm Gulio. *glares at the dog* Is this beast yours?

Ethuiliel: Actually, it's just some st-

Sici: It's mine! *huggles*

Gulio: I see. *mumblegrumble*

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:26 AM   #33
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

* At the back of the room the young man looks up from his contemplation, and realizes a lack in his life. He quickly moves to fill it*

Count: Hey, barkeep!

Bartender: Yes?

Count: Wine. Now. Red.

Bartender: Coming right up sir.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:29 AM   #34
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Xenoia looks at Tiny from under her hood for a moment. She wondered...perhaps she could take it. XK would have to ask some questions.

XK: Well, I don't have time to be wastin' on lookin' for a job for ye, but perhaps I know just the thing.

Tiny: Oh?

XK: I'll get ye that drink.

Xenoia gets up and strides over to the bar so she is stood next to Eärniel, hailing the barmaid. She leans across the bar and orders, leaning back slowly so she can whisper to Eärniel.

XK: There's a man at the back of the room. Try him.
Barmaid: Here's your ale.
XK: Thanks.

She throws some coins onto the bartop and grabs the tankards. Back at the table Tiny had been waiting patiently...or perhaps a little impatiently, but she waited all the same. That's part one of the test passed then, Xenoia thought as she sat down.

Tiny: So what about this job, then?
XK: Well firstly, I'd like to know what sorta person you are...
Tiny: What?
XK: It's not a conventional cookin' job. How'd you cope with stressful situations...pressure...
Tiny: It's not a hotel is it? I'm not workin' in a big hotel again!
XK: *grins* No. No it's not.
Tiny: *leans back, swirling her ale around the jug* Is there really a job? I mean...who are you?
XK: Why, I'm just a simple sailor having a drink in this tavern. Thought you needed a hand. *smiles*

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-03-2005, 06:55 AM   #35
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

OOC: Sorry to have kept you waitin', Nurv.

IC:

Eärniel: My quest? *sips drink* Well, you'll be keeping this to yerself until we're under sail, for otherwise I'm might be obliged to run you through and that would be a bloody shame, wouldn't it?

Nurvingiel: *nods and swallows slightly at the casual threat* You have my word.

Eärniel: Fair enough for me. You see, months ago we came on the trail of a great treasure: the legendary Holy Wine. Said to be the best alcohol an Elf can drink and of course therefore hidden away from the world. So we sailed unsailed seas, played chess with dragons and visited the undead for the Wine. And just when we're about to throw the party of our lives, two mutineers make off with it and leave us in the middle of a battle! Naturally, we're not going to let 'em get away with that. So our quest is this: get the Wine back and get heavenly drunk. And the best part if it is, *pats Nurvingiel on the back and grins broadly* you can have your part too now that you've joined us.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:26 PM   #36
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: No worries Eärniel!

Nurvingiel: (emphatically, but trying to keep her voice down) Now that's my kind of quest!

Eärniel: (grinning) Welcome aboard then mate. Since you are inexperienced, you can start as a trimmer. I'm the first mate, but the captain would most likely put you in this role. This means you set the sails. I, and the other experienced crew members, will show you your duties. Any questions?

Nurvingiel: *takes a long sip of ale* Nope, none that won't be answered on this ship! When do we leave?

Eärniel: Once we've filled the other positions in the crew.

*Nurvingiel nodded absintmindedly, but all she could think about was sailing, and the Sea. The Sea! Her mind was filled with the sound of waves crashing against the beach, even though they were now indoors and couldn't actually hear any. She was consumed with this new desire to sail, and couldn't think of anything else.*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-03-2005, 04:23 PM   #37
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Pansy sipped her ale quietly, looking quite bored, but all the time listening to the events of the pub. Next to her two elves were talking quietly, but she could clearly hear them. She thanked the heavens for her sharp hobbit-ears. She was looking for a new adventure, something on the sea. She would have loved to bring Cory along, but no one would want a spitting, carrot-loving attack llama on their ship.

Pansy *clears throat and bends over to Earniel and Nurv*: 'Scuse me!
Earniel/Nurv *turn around and stare*
Pansy: Couldn't help overhearing that you were looking for some new crewmembers.
Earniel *eyes Pansy*: Aye...
Pansy: Well, I was looking for a job and someone–well–of my stature could come in handy. I'm very nimble and good at climbing if I dont say so myself. Not to mention knot-tying.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
Old 01-03-2005, 06:29 PM   #38
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*Eärniel hid a smile as she could see the sea-longing that all Elves eventually encountered, had Nurvingiel tight in its grasp. As a Sea-elf Eärniel understood it well. Just when she was about to take leave from the new draftee, she was halted by a new voice. It took her only a few seconds to realise she should look down a little bit to locate the owner of the voice, which surprisingly turned out to be a Hobbit.

Eärniel quickly glanced at the other end of the bar, both Sicirus and the captain were ingaged in conversation. Sorry captain, Eärniel thought, seems like the man at the back of the room would have to wait a wee bit longer. She turned her attention again to the hobbit.*

Eärniel: I'm not sure just how much you've overheard, miss. But I'm not just looking for any new crewmembers. Sailing on the our ship isn't exactly a quiet float down the Brandywine. Forgive me if I'm overassuming here, but I was under the impression that Hobbits were peace-lovin' and sea-fearin' folk. Neither will do well on our voyage. And by doing well, I mean survive for long.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:37 PM   #39
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

*Once again, people came to the conclusion that Pansy was a peace-lovin', home body Hobbit like most of the rest of her kind. She was definately used to it by now. She just sat there while she was stereotyped and waited for her turn to speak.*

Pansy: I can see how you might assume that, but I am afraid you are wrong. I've been many places outside my home, including voyages with elves, men, dwarves, and many an orc fight. You can rest assured that I am no normal hobbit, and in fact can be very valueable if you manage to look beyond my height and peaceful nature of my race. I'll still understand of course if you decide I'm not right for the job, but I would like to be treated like any other candidate for crewmanship.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
Old 01-03-2005, 07:41 PM   #40
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Ic: The dwarf eyed the two companions with suspesion then started to order anew ale since her old one was gulped down by the now even more tipsy greyhound.

Sicirus: *Stares at the swaying dog who then falls over on the bear skin rug near the fire.* *shrugs* Thats exactly what I need. An Ale loving dog!!!

Gulio: You owe me a new drink for what that dog did to my last one.

Sicirus: * sadly parts with her few coins* There goes my fourth drink. Sorry about that mate. Er...not to offend you but I have never seen a female dwarf before and am happy to meet one for once.
Closed Thread