Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 03:25 PM   #21
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

No...I really thought we'd made that one up. Hey maybe that means we're smarter than we appear!

probably not. I wouldn't worry. We don't do much accurate sailing round here.

I missed Flannery and Ale-nail off the list who are the two characters we have that everyone plays. Though I am taking Ale-nail out at the beginning, I think we don't need him any more.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 12-30-2004, 04:49 PM   #22
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicirus
OF course I will. Actaully I did want second mate and di not know that being second mate you couldn't be master at arms too. So I will chose whatever one the catptain commands.
It's not so much that you can't have two positions (I'd be really unfair if I said that since I have held two from the beginning), it's just that we want to try and give everybody at least some position.

Quote:
And I promise you you my greyound "Slo-Mo" will not bother anyone as far as being a hyper active puppy dog. He will pee over board and poop over board.
He better or you'll be swapping the deck everytime afterwards, matey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfmaster XK
That's alright my friend. You take your time. And I'll let you know now I have planned out our first adventure...well.I say planned. I mean thought up the beginning. It's up to us all to get us out of it. Personally though, I think you're going to like the second thing we come across. Hee hee...
*is getting very curious about plot*

By the way the new game is up! linky linky!

I think I've encorporated all the necesary bits, like how we're going to find our new crewmembers and the reasons why we would pick them. I guess I got a leetle overenthousiastic so the post got a bit lenghty. The title is perhaps a little lame, but somewhat accurate. I can still change it if we come up with a better one.

Quote:
No...I really thought we'd made that one up. Hey maybe that means we're smarter than we appear!
I knew that! I just didn't know what a second mate was supposed to do and I thought he got all the jobs the first mate didn't want to do.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:55 PM   #23
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Okay, it's time for the long-awaited character description from yours truly! As for the name, I would use Stiny, but it's too close to the name of our dear cook.

Gulio - Gulio is a dwarf who is never content to stay in one place for very long. She is a cheeseivore and, true to her dwarven heritage, a lover of all things alchoholic. She is short, even for a dwarf, and contrary to popular belief does NOT have a beard. Not even a little one. Her temper is firey at best, and call her "Gumbo" at your own risk...

There, how's that?

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.

Last edited by Gulio, Strength of Many : 12-30-2004 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:53 PM   #24
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

My name sounds so oringal than all yours. Lol It don't matter. Yea I forgot my real name lol. ok heres my description.

Cook (bunnie_queen)- Tiny is the cook on the Nal. She started calling herself "Tiny" Because she is one of the shorter ones of the ship, and has never used her real name since...forever And we have all forgotten her real name. Tiny's work of being a cook is very highly fantastic. Tiny am very friendly. She loves to cook. Shes been looking for some good people to cook for. Tiny can Fight very good. Incase we have any bad people that come aboard. Have Acholol...give it to Tiny..She be very pleased. Elvish is what Tiny is. She is very smart at geography. Shes a very good multitasker. Need hep here I am!

lol like?
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 12-30-2004, 08:09 PM   #25
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Character description eh... hrm...

Nurvingiel is an Elf of Mirkwood who is about 3400 years old. She likes adventure, but doesn't quite fit in with other Mirkwood elves. She has travelled quite widely, and likes to see the world by living and working in one place for a length of time. Her most recent job was as a barmaid at the Forsaken Inn.

Nurvingiel avoids having any responsibility like the plague, but will learn a low-ranking job thoroughlly, and do it well. She is fairly shy, and feels awkward when making new friends. She feels as though she's always saying the wrong thing (when in reality it's only half the time). She enjoys eating and drinking a great deal, and often drinks (or eats) too much in social situations to feel more at ease.

Her skills include swimming, trimming (which she is still learning), singing, making rope, literacy in Westron, Silvan, and Sindarin, tying knots (she is still learning more sailing knots), pouring ale, basic cooking, archery, and fighting with swords, spears or daggers (can use two daggers).

Her weaknesses are avoidance of responsibility or leadership, large groups, and drinking too much.

Possible interactions: Nurvingiel could be useful to Tiny in the galley, and who wants to show me the ropes *rimshot* of trimming?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 12-31-2004 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:35 PM   #26
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I can't really post for Ethuliel but I will try.

Ethuliel is an elf who has long golden hair and blue eyes. She comes from teh Silvan elves under Galadriel and Celeborn. She is not to sure with her age but she is quite young. Even though she is young among her people she is not lacking in skill. She is one of the best horse riders among her people and is skilled in archery, sword fighting, and hiding. (She use to be a spy)

Ethuliel is also a very old friend to Sicirus when they were both younger. They traveled together in Middle Earth after the first war of the ring)

Ethuliel's possesion is not wuite chosen yet but I am sure she will take on any job given to her. When she comes back from her holiday I will ask her to change what she wishes from the profile until it is too her liking.

Happy to be your hair raising (raven haired ) Secocnd mate.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:59 AM   #27
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Pay attention to this, crew-to-be. Under the Valar, a captain reigns supreme on board his/her ship. We ended up killing the last crewmember who tried mutiny.

Yeah, that was me, but I also slew the previous captian and took her soul with me, ehhehehe. But I am back, and with a new character. Ear, XK, pm Willow to figure out how I am supposed to affect the new quest. Cause as soon as ye get out of mithlond, I make an entrance.....I think.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:35 AM   #28
Elfmaster XK

Well Willow and Tano seem to have gone missing (Both in and out of game). I'll pm Willow, but I don't want intense plotting like last time to interfere with the game to the point of us needing someone to post and them not being able to. I.e. EG, and so the game has to halt. I also hope she has general plot ideas that aren't too specific so that our new players get a chance to stretch their creativity.

Nurvingiel, I liked your profile. Thanks for posting it! And thanks to Sicirus for posting for Ethuiliel. I just wanted you to give us a general idea of her so we can introduce her to the game. I don't want her to get left out. That's all. Until she gets back we will have to bring in her part, that is all.

Everyone, as you've probably seen, the game is on. So post away! And watch out for that warehouse....

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 12-31-2004, 12:36 PM   #29
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Sorry about that XK. I am use to being with Earniel in the last thread it kinda got embedded in my mind that she was the leader. I shall never forget.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:28 PM   #30
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Thanks Elfmaster. Oooh, spears. She can also fight with a spear, though that probably won't come up in this particular game. *edits*

Is this going to be the discussion thread?

Erroneously mistaking Eärniel for the captain might lead to a funny scene at the beginning...

Who all is in the pub already? At least a few people have to start there, and if some have already met that might be cool. Otherwise, what would bring together a group of total strangers?

Oh yeah... money... and a desire to sail, plunder, and have high adventures.

(Though Nurvingiel will probably remain ignorant of the piracy aspect for a while, otherwise she would not sign on.)
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 12-31-2004, 01:56 PM   #31
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

*Sigh* Is this now a discussion thread? Anyway, I can poke Tano and Willow about this as well as the TLA today if people want. Because I'll see them.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:58 PM   #32
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Do you want me to start in the pub...Than you people hire me to work on the Nal? I wouldn't mind it.

(sorry if i sound annoying and ask to many questions and seem inmature)(I'm not inmatur..i'm mature...i think ) ok I'm going to shut my trap.
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 12-31-2004, 02:10 PM   #33
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Sorry about that XK. I am use to being with Earniel in the last thread it kinda got embedded in my mind that she was the leader. I shall never forget.
That's alright. I actually agree with what Nurvingiel said. Those in the pub can mistake her for captain as she is recruiting, while I am lurking.

If all agree, I would say that Gulio, Tiny and Count Comfect should all know each other. At the beginning Eärniel said...well, Cirdan said actually, that there were a few shipwrecked sailors (hee hee...Egyptology reference, please, ignore me...) hanging around. You guys could be them. Since Nurvy isn't a sailor she can be a random we pick up. Eärniel can tell you all we're pirates, and then Nurvy can join the conversation after and miss that bit. Of course, how it pans out is yet to be seen.

Sicirus, do you have any idea how Ethuiliel would like to enter as I'd like to bring her in too.

CC, hassling Tano is a good idea. If she doesn't want to play that is okay though.

And yes, this is the discussion thread. But, we are still interested in anyone else who might like to play.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 12-31-2004, 04:52 PM   #34
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Is Luthien still around?
Yes, Luthien is still here and would like to be a deckhand, if you'll still have me

many apologies for my disappearance in the last game, but -err, well, it's a long story...point is I'm back now with lots of time on my hands and would like to join this story as Luthien...is it possible?

p.s. thanks to Sici for keeping Luthien in the old game
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Old 12-31-2004, 05:17 PM   #35
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

I think I work at the pub right now...But I do know them. And you guys can hire me to work on the Nal. I wouldn't mind it...Whatever works...Works for me.

ooc- I just realized....I only have 237 posts..my post count as gone down...I guess because the previous poster and Anything post is deleted...lol i had 1000 or something...oh well..IS that why though?

Last edited by Bunnie_Queen_1146 : 12-31-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:25 PM   #36
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

YAY AYAYAYAYAYAYYAY Luthien is back. We need to keep our old crew to teach these new youngsters (no offense) the ropes. (Hehehe sailor terms are fun)

Ethuliel has still not come back but I think she would enter either in the pub (not from another ship) or she could just be passing through the town and just happen to see me. I am heading more towards the pub though.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:25 PM   #37
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Yay! No offence taken Sicirus. I do need someone how to teach my character how to sail.

Yeah BQ, if they delete a thread then your post count will drop by the amount that you had in there. (It doesn't change if the thread is closed though.)

Aaaah the Previous Poster. Those were the days. ^ and ^^ are cool. < is tired
Quote:
Old 01-01-2005, 07:56 AM   #38
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indril Anarion
Yes, Luthien is still here and would like to be a deckhand, if you'll still have me
Of course. I wasn't looking to throw you out! I wanted to check you were still here so you didn't get left out. And now you're back, well...you should probably still be on the ship with Flannery at the moment, but you may continue work as a deckhand, but as you're old school crew now, perhaps you'd like to take up position as helmswoman? My character (and my commanding officers) will of course show you (and anyone else who is given a new position) the way it is done.

Quote:
Yay! No offence taken Sicirus. I do need someone how to teach my character how to sail.
That won't be a problem.

ETA: On what Nurvingiel said in the thread about "godmodding", as it were...don't worry about manipulating other people's characters. I think that as long as we use each other's characters with consideration. ie. Don't kill or injure them (except for plot furthering, which will be pre-arranged), then there's nothing to worry about. In the first post you'll see Earniel used Sicirus' character. We do that quite a lot because in this kind of thread it's hard to do anything at all if you only use your character. You'll all learn what type of people everyone is and get used to what they would and would not do. I apologise for being such an incredible rambling bore.

I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 01-01-2005 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:54 AM   #39
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

If not the Thing, in the Room (the Room is locked), then who or what am I?
Old 01-01-2005, 09:09 AM   #40
Elfmaster XK

Oh dear. Now, please. Thing. In the room, (the room is locked) we have nice new players. I'd like it if you stayed in your room and didn't hurt them. Of course they aren't aboard yet. But still. We shall placate you with...er...offerings? Gold?

Eärniel, is the door locked!?

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Closed Thread