Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 05:56 PM   #881
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Cross-posted...
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 03-12-2006 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:58 PM   #882
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Gandalf took another swig of coke and continued:

"If Sauron regains it he wins. It shall be Game Over, no second round, we might as well all fall on our swords. But if destroyed then he will fall and become permanently weighted down as the lowest of the low..."

Gandalf continued to speak, outlining their collective knowledge till at last he came to the heart of their strategy:

"We must be the bait!" He proclaimed dramatically, "It's do or die, boys, and if we do we may still die but at least we'll have accomplished something more with our deaths than we will sitting here."
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

Old 03-12-2006, 06:03 PM   #883
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

"man! ... who's got the beer?" said Imrahil

Eomer laughed ... he'd heard the very private reputation of the Southern Pissed-up prince ... Whole swans full o' Gin went the rumours ...

Gandy giggled ... he handed the P Prince some Coke (the original is the best) ... here! .. have a swig o' this old bean ... he smirked ...

Imrahil and GANDY AND THE BOYS WERE SOON A GIGGLING AND HAVIN' A LARF ...

"[B]heh![/B] ..maybe we should go an take on that eeeejit in his sutty tower?? ...it'll be EASY .. man!"

... ??

brief narrative blank spot ... even ol' JRR wasn't too stable THAT morning

... the next morning ... no one could ever actually remember WHO had said that!

But hey! ... machisimio MAN!! ... no one was gonna admit it! ...

(secretly they ALL ... to a man, ... dwarf, an Elf and a Miar thought it a bloody SToooopid idea .... but hey! it had been a good fight and a even better fun night an' all! ... Imrahil strippin' orf an re-enacting the dance of the the Valar with a slippery eel ...)
Old 03-12-2006, 06:14 PM   #884
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Having decided upon the overall strategy they began thinking about the minor things like who was to be left behind to defend the City.

At length Aragorn spoke. "As I have begun, so I will go on. We come now to the very brink, where hope and despair are akin. To waver is to fall. Let none now reject the counsels of Gandalf, whose long labours against Sauron come at last to their test. But for him all would long ago have been lost. Nonetheless I do not yet claim to command any man. Let others choose as they will."

Then said Elrohir: "From the North we came with this purpose, and from Elrond our father we brought this very counsel. We will not turn back."
"As for myself," said Éomer, "I have little knowledge of these deep matters; but I need it not. This I know, and it is enough, that as my friend Aragorn succoured me and my people, so I will aid him when he calls. I will go."
Old 03-12-2006, 06:16 PM   #885
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"As for me," said Imrahil, "the Lord Aragorn I hold to be my liege-lord, whether he claim it or no. His wish is to me a command. I will go also. Yet for a while I stand in the place of the Chief Architect of Gondor, and it is mine to think first of its people. To prudence some heed must still be given. For we must prepare against all chances, good as well as evil. Now, it may be that we shall triumph, and while there is any hope of this, Gondor must be protected. I would not have us return with victory to a City in ruins and a land ravaged behind us. And yet we learn from the Rohirrim that there is an army still unfought upon our northern flank."
Old 03-12-2006, 06:19 PM   #886
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

"Prudence would also suggest that we have an army with us when we march," said Eomer, "But where are we to find the men? All here are weary or wounded and many of the bikes have malfunctioned due to hard usage. I could not hope to lead even two thousands, and still leave some for the defence of the city."

- The Crucible

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 03-12-2006 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:19 PM   #887
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"That is true," said Gandalf. "I do not counsel you to leave the City all unmanned. Indeed the force that we lead east need not be great enough for any assault in earnest upon Mordor, so long as it be great enough to challenge battle. And it must move soon. Therefore I ask the Captains: what force could we muster and lead out in two days' time at the latest? And they must be hardy men that go willingly, knowing their peril."
"We have not only to reckon with those who fought on this field " said Aragorn. "New strength is on the way from the southern fiefs, now that the coasts have been rid. Four thousands I sent marching from Pelargir through Lossarnach two days ago; and Angbor the fearless drives ahead of them. If we set out in two days more, they will draw nigh ere we depart. Moreover many were bidden to follow me up the River in any craft they could gather; and with this wind they will soon be at hand, indeed several ships have already come to the Harlond. I judge that we could lead out seven thousands of Armoured Cavalry and Infantry and yet leave the City in better defence than it was when the assault began."
"The Gate is destroyed," said Imrahil, "and where now is the skill to rebuild it and set it up anew?"
"In Erebor in the Kingdom of Dáin there is such skill," said Aragorn; "and if all our hopes do not perish, then in time I will send Gimli Glóin's son to ask for wrights of the Skyscraper. But men are better than gates, and no gate will endure against our Enemy if men desert it."

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-12-2006 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:46 PM   #888
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

it was a strange scene ... all the great and good gathered together to decide the fate of the world ... all grimacing and holding their heads .. bleary eyed and pale ...

*... many a time was the silent thought ...' which stoooopid eeeejit came up wi' this idea?? ... Gord!! - i hope it wasn't me ...?? *

The tent flapped open with a slight noise and gust of fresh air as a Courtier brought a pot of coffee... many irate heads whipped round in angry pain ...

uggh! the noise! ... the fresh air!! ...
Old 03-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #889
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

This then was the end of the debate of the lords: that they should set forth on the second morning from that day with seven thousands, if these might be found; and the great part of this force should be on foot, because of the evil lands into which they would go. Aragorn would find some two thousands Mechanized Infantry and Armoured Cavalry which were those he gathered to him in the South; but Imrahil woild find three and a half thousands Infantry carried IFV's; and Éomer five hundreds of the Rohirrim Bikers who were unbiked but themselves warworthy, and he himself should lead five hundreds of his best Bikers in both APC'S and on bikes; and another company of five hundred Bikers there should be, among which should drive with the sons of Elrond with the Dúnedain and the knights of Dol Amroth: all told six thousand Infantry and a thousand Cavalry. But the main strength of the Rohirrim that remained biked and able to fight, some three thousand under the command of Elfhelm, should waylay the West Road against the enemy that was in Anórien. And at once swift errand bikers were sent out to gather what news they could northwards; and eastwards from Osgiliath and the road to Minas Morgul.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-12-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Closed Thread