Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 09:07 AM   #41
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Their packs were still strapped to the back of the bikes. Frodo hurridly searched his, and triumphantly produced Mrs Maggot's mushrooms!
"Let's have lunch before we go," said Pippin. The hobbits heartily agreed. Tom said farewell and left to gather more chocolate.
After they ate, it was well past noon. They headed north along a winding country road towards the Barrow Downs - the wheelbarrow graveyard, where old wheelbarrows go to die. None of the hobbits believed the fanciful tales they heard of the place, and didn't really think it was haunted. They continued their fairly relaxed pace as they neared the rolling green hills. Some of the distant hills were crowned with strange objects.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 10-06-2004, 11:40 AM   #42
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

As the hobbit went further into the Barrow Downs the noises of the bikes behind Frodo slowly decreased until he turned around shouting."Where are you. Hurry up!"
As he turned forward again he saw many white wheel-barrows.
"We are the Barrow- Wights," he hissed. " Come with us."
They were surrounding Frodo slowly as he backed away.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 10-06-2004, 03:28 PM   #43
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Frodo couldn't see Sam, Merry, or Pippin. The Wights advanced, and he was rudely shoved, and wheeled away by the Wight Wheel-Barrows. Then there was only blackness.

Frodo woke up on something uncomfortable and metallic. He did not know how long he'd been asleep.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 10-06-2004, 04:43 PM   #44
Telcontar_Dunedain

As he awoke he remembered Old Bombadil and the songs he used to sing. With that thought a voice errupted out of him.
"Old McBombadil had a fast food resteraunt.
Ey-Ei-EY-Ei-O
And in that resteraunt he had some chocalate
Ey-Ei-EY-Ei-O
With a chomp, chomp here and a chomp chom there.
Here chomp, there a chomp, everywhere a chomp chomp
Old McBombadil had a fast food resteraunt.
Ey-Ei-EY-Ei-O"
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 10-07-2004, 07:21 AM   #45
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: That was hilarious Telcontar!

As Frodo sang, the horrible darkness lifted. He saw that he was in a garden shed, lying on a pile of gardening tools. Merry, Pippin, and Sam were lying on similar heaps of tools. Frodo went to his friends and gently woke them up.

In the distance he heard Tom's voice answer his song.

OOC: We could have them take the tools as swords maybe.
Quote:
Old 10-07-2004, 04:09 PM   #46
Telcontar_Dunedain

The hobbits saw Tom coming out of the clearing on his own bike with another four coming behind with no riders.
"I heard your song Frodo, quite a good voice. You should join a choir someday. Any way I see you bumped into the Barrow-Wights and their Wheel-Barrows. Tell me laer. Firts, lets get those overalls off of you," he said in a chirpy voice.

Old 10-07-2004, 04:58 PM   #47
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

They discarded the fell overalls of the Wights, but now all they had to wear was leather jackets and pants, and tall riding boots. They quickly found these hot on the warm day. While they changed, Tom knocked down the garden shed, and spread the tools on the grass.
Tom picked up a small pair of pruning shears. "I knew the one who wielded these, a fair lady. She sculpted beautiful topiary. But that age is gone now."
"Maybe we should take some tools," said Merry, "You never know when we might need them."
They looked throught the tools for ones best suited to their needs.
Quote:
Old 10-08-2004, 03:06 AM   #48
Telcontar_Dunedain

Frodo took a spanner, Sam took a hammer and Merry and Pippin took a crow bar each.
With that, along with Tom, thy set off toward the Souther border of the Forest.

Old 10-08-2004, 04:58 AM   #49
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Book 1.9: At the Sign of the Prancing Pony.

As they came to the border Tom said:

"My estate ends here and I cannot and will not go outside it's borders. So you'll have to handle the rest of the trip on your own. A couple of miles down that road you'll find Bree and the excellent pub Prancing Pony."

They tried to implore Tom to at least come with them to the pub but he was adamant.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-01-2006 at 04:22 AM.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:58 AM   #50
Telcontar_Dunedain

"I have no interests beyond this border and no reason to leave it. There are no McBombadil restraunts and I'm not interested in branching out," he replied to their pleas.

Old 10-09-2004, 07:40 AM   #51
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

OCC: Aragorn, an FBI agent posing as the EO of the Narsil Power Saw Company. His sole purpose to crush Sauron's plans of flooding Middle-Earth with Crack.

They drove off after exchanging sorrowful goodbyes with Tom. A couple of miles later they arrived at the Traffic Control Station and paid the fee for travelling the remaining 6 miles of motorway to the bustling resort town of Bree.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 10-09-2004 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:38 AM   #52
Telcontar_Dunedain

They entrusted the ticket to Pippin and the next 6 miles passed resonably quickly. Just before they reached the Gate Frodo stopped his bike and the ther hobbits follow suit.
"Remember the name Baggins is not to be mentioned. I'm Mr. Overhill if anyone asks. I'm alredy being chased for handling stolen goods. Adding fraud to that will add alot to my sentence if I'm caught," he said, turning on his bike and heading to the Gate.

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 10-14-2004 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:33 PM   #53
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Hey TD, do you mean that it would add a lot to Frodo's sentence if he was caught?

IC:

As they drove through the gate, no one noticed a shadowy figure clinging James Bond style underneath the cart which came in behind them (most conveniently).
The shadowy figure slipped into the Prancing Pony Equestrian Resort before the Hobbits figured out where it was. The figure took a table in the Common Room, to the slight annoyance of Mr. Barliman Butterbur, proprietor and host.
Quote:
Old 10-14-2004, 02:18 PM   #54
Telcontar_Dunedain

After the hobbit's ordered some beers they noticed the strange man in the corner speaking to his smart tie.
'Strange,' thought Frodo. 'That man must be insane.'

Old 10-14-2004, 03:00 PM   #55
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

After their beers, they had another round. This round was followed by another round. Then, Merry and Pippin began telling funny stories about the Shire. They were quite amusing, and soon the whole bar was crowded around them, listening, and buying them more drinks. Frodo's gaze wandered, and he felt claustrophobic in the body odour smelling room. He realized with horror that Merry and Pippin were starting to talk about their adventure with the Lawyer.
Sam came back from talking to Mr Butterbur. "I got a room for us Mr Overhill," he said carefully. "What's the matter?" he added, seeing Frodo's face.
Pippin was about to describe opening the Package in Tom Bombadil's house. Frodo panicked, and jumped on the table. Attention was diverted to him for the moment.
"There once was a man from Nantucket..." he began to recite.
"Do a dance!" yelled someone in the crowd.
"Yeah, shake that thing, woo!" added another.
"I'm... to sexy for my shirt.. too sexy for my shirt..." he sang, starting to dance around the table. Unfortunately, he put his foot in a bowl of peanuts and slipped, falling hard on the floor. The package had been carfully stowed under his cloak; now it fell to the floor, the knot unravelling in a very convenient and suspicious way.
Suddenly, he was in the cold, grey world. He could hear everyone in the bar gasp, as if from a distance. There were strange carriages everywhere, and endless stone. With shaking hands, he retied the string on the package. He found himself in the smelly bar, and hid the retied package back under his jacket. Somehow, he had crawled away from the crowd. Frodo got shakily to his feet.
"It was magic I tells ya!"
"I dun saw him disappear I did," debated various members of the crowd.
"No magic, I'm here eve- gak!" Frodo was rudely cut off by a strong arm grabbing his collar and yanking him around the corner, into the hall.
Quote:
Old 10-14-2004, 04:22 PM   #56
Telcontar_Dunedain

"Well Mister.. Overhill isn't it?" said the man with the tie.
"Umm... yes. Overhill. I am Mister Overhill,"replied Frodo.
"I don't think so. Mister Baggins. Oh yes I know you," he replied to Frodo sudden astonishment of the use of his own name. "I know you only to well."

Old 10-15-2004, 09:17 AM   #57
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Book 1.10-11: Strider and A Knife In the Dark

"Oh do you now." Frodo said, saucily."How come you're so confident and cocky."

"Well, I'm a friend of Gandalf's. And I know what you're carrying. I suggest you and your friends join me in the Special Visitor's Lounge for what I don't doubt will be a very informative chat."

Frodo made a non-committal shrug and agreed, telling the others to come along.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-01-2006 at 04:27 AM.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:35 AM   #58
Telcontar_Dunedain

Just as Frodo had found Frodo, Sam and Pippin (Merry had gone for a walk) Mr Butterbur walked into there room where they were with the man with tie.
"Sorry Mister Overhill. I've just remember something. Gandalf, the medicine man came in a couple of a months ago asking me to send to this email. But you see nobody here knew hoe to use a computer, and no one was willin' to fetch a technition. Only just now has a computer whizz come in," he said humbly. Just at that moment Frodo's plam pilot went off. 'Beep, beep. Beep, beep. He opened it. You have one new message it said on the screen.

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 10-15-2004 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:43 PM   #59
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Pippin and Sam menaced the suspicious man in the tie with questionably shaped vegetables while Frodo read the email. The man seemed not to notice them; he was studying Frodo's face intently. After his rough treatment of Frodo, and his intrusion, the Hobbits couldn't bring themselves to trust him. He was wearing a black suit and tie and a dark brown fedora. He had three days growth of a beard, and looked as though he had spent many nights without much sleep.
Quote:
Old 10-16-2004, 03:15 AM   #60
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

After several minutes, Frodo finally looked up from the palm pilot, meeting stares of anticipation with a confused frown. But before he could say anything, the man in the black tie broke the silence.
"Mr Baggins," he barked, "I have a proposition for you."
Frodo frowned more deeply and raised a single eyebrow, creating a look intended to convey sarcastic nonchalance, but which bore a much closer resemblance to constipation. Sam and Pippin eyed their friend with fleeting concern before brandishing their vegetables with renewed menace.
"Let me accompany you", Black-tie continued, unfazed. "I am a friend of Gandalf's. I know you are pursued by Lawyers. And I know where you are going."
"Then you're one up on me," muttered Pippin, realising he didn’t.
Sam fingered his questionably shaped carrot. "How do we know you're a friend of Gandalf's?" he demanded.
Black-tie reached into the inside-pocket of his jacket and rummaged around a bit, eventually producing a familiar shaped bottle marked "GG's Fine Tonic for Unappealing Chin Pubes".
"That don't prove nothing", said Sam defiantly. "You coulda got that anywhere. They're going for 85% off at every pharmacy."
"Not surprisingly", he muttered under his breath, eyeing the nasty red rash that was spreading from his hairy feet to his ankles. "Lousy medicines."
"And how do you know about the Lawyers anyway?" he said, rounding again on Black-tie, who's sympathetic smirk made him seem doubly untrustworthy. "Maybe you're one of them. You certainly dress like them."
"I am not a Lawyer", sighed the man, "nor am I in league with them. This suit isn’t even new – it's a 5 year old Versace cast-off." He peeled open his jacket, revealing a blindingly yellow lining. "A tribute to Donatella's fluorescent spring/summer 2000 collection", he explained. "And her hair," he added with a wink.
An uncomfortable silence followed, during which the hobbits looked utterly unconvinced.
"What does the email say Frodo?" Pippin finally asked.

ooc: i just realised how long that was - sorry for barging in like that!! i just discovered this very funny thread..and couldnt resist
Closed Thread