Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 02:22 PM   #21
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Looks like we're loosely following the Fellowship here. I think this could be very funny, and it will keep us organized too! And we'll never run out of ideas, thanks Tolkien!

While the Lawyer ate the mushrooms, the hobbits crept towards the back door. As they snuck through the kitchen, the Head Chef grabbed Frodo by the shoulder. "Hey Frodo, don't you remember me? Mrs. Maggot!"
"Nice to see you again," said Frodo, relieved. "Um, we really have to get going."
"Take these with you then!" she said, giving him a large, red box. He thanked her, and put it under his cloak with Gandalf's package. They made it out the back exit just as they heard the Lawyer sibillantly shout, "No I do not want any pie!"

OOC: I accidentally added Merry! Sorry guys, the carrot thing made me think of him. I edited those posts. Who's the fourth bike for now I wonder... maybe Merry will join them now, or Fatty Bolger, or someone...
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 09-28-2004 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:37 PM   #22
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

OOC: Merry's with them at Crickhollow (Crick's Hollow isn't he)
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 09-28-2004, 07:13 PM   #23
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

(OOC-You guys are uncannily close to starting something akin to TLA. I love it. May I join? But later. I have to speak at my school board meeting soon. I'm so very scared. Anyway, this does look fun.)
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Old 09-29-2004, 02:00 AM   #24
Telcontar_Dunedain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
While the Lawyer ate the mushrooms, the hobbits crept towards the back door. As they snuck through the kitchen, the Head Chef grabbed Frodo by the shoulder. "Hey Frodo, don't you remember me? Mrs. Maggot!"
"Nice to see you again," said Frodo, relieved. "Um, we really have to get going."
"Take these with you then!" she said, giving him a large, red box. He thanked her, and put it under his cloak with Gandalf's package. They made it out the back exit just as they heard the Lawyer sibillantly shout, "No I do not want any pie!"
It turned out that Merry only had three bikes in the lockup, but luckily one had a sidepod.
After Merry had started up all the bikes they were off. Merry in front, Pippin behind and Frodo with Sam in the sidepod at the back.
They headed towards the Old Forest Gate which was located near the back of Cricks Hollow. AS they reached there they all looked back and grineed when hearing,
"NO FARMER MAGGOT. I WOULD NOT LIKE ANY MORE MUSHROOMS!"

OOC: If anyone comes up with something better for the Old Forest then I'll edit this post.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 10-01-2004, 02:00 AM   #25
Telcontar_Dunedain

OOC: Anyone going to post?

Old 10-01-2004, 11:31 AM   #26
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Book 1.5-6: A Conspiracy Unmasked and The Old Forest

They all blazed off towards the Buckland-Old Forest Tunnel in cloud of dust and soon arrived at the entrance, paid the fee and were off again. Minutes later they emerged at the further exit and drove into the forest along a somewhat disused road which at first were quite straight but soon began to wind.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-01-2006 at 04:18 AM.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:50 PM   #27
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: I thought I posted this already...

The Yamahas were excellent bikes, with quiet engines. The road was not so excellent. After a while, the pavement became full of potholes, and then ran out altogether. The trees were closer and closer to the road as it became more unkempt.
"I thought you said this was a good road," said Frodo.
"It's the only road," replied Merry. He sideswiped a particularly large tree branch, bending one of his side mirrors back. "I swear the tree did that on purpose," he muttered.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 10-02-2004, 03:57 AM   #28
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
OOC: I thought I posted this already...

The Yamahas were excellent bikes, with quiet engines. The road was not so excellent. After a while, the pavement became full of potholes, and then ran out altogether. The trees were closer and closer to the road as it became more unkempt.
"I thought you said this was a good road," said Frodo.
"It's the only road," replied Merry. He sideswiped a particularly large tree branch, bending one of his side mirrors back. "I swear the tree did that on purpose," he muttered.
OCC: Sorry, but The Gate and The tunnel-Entrance could be the same thing, couldn't it?

After travelling along the rutted road a while the pressing nature of the trees were getting to Pippin and he shouted "Oi! Oi! Oi! Let us pass will you!".

Merry: "I wouldn't shout if I were you."

And indeed the mood of the trees appeared to be become even more hostile.

Merry: "We'll soon come to the Bonfire Glade."

They drove on and soon entered a circular clearing in the forest. There they stopped.

Merry: "A Long time ago The Bucklanders cut down a lot of trees and made a bonfire here. Since then this spot has been bare and is called the Bonfire Glade."

They saw the road continue on the other side of the Glade and figured that they'll soon be out of the Forest. Their mood lightened.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:04 AM   #29
Telcontar_Dunedain

OOC: This is a clever line courtesy of Nurvingiel.

"Thank you Captain Obvious," said Frodo, in response to Merry's information about the glade.
After a while they got tired of riding and took a break. Merry and Pippin sat down by the tree and Frodo and Sam went down to a nearby stream. When they returned Merry and Pippin were no where to be seen.
"Merry. Pippin," shouted Frodo assuming they were having yet another fist fight. "Come out. One of you might get hurt."
A muffled yell came from near the tree from where they had been sitting.

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 10-02-2004 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:30 AM   #30
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: I think the Tunnel entrance and the Gate could be the same. Did we cause a continuity problem somewhere?
OOC2: Telcontar is cool!

The smell of ultra sugary candy wafted through the air, making Sam feel sleepy. Frodo lounged by the stream, and Merry and Pippin were nowhere to be seen. He thought he heard muffled yells, but he didn't care. He just wanted to close his eyes for a moment...

Inside the tree, Merry and Pippin were forced into strange chairs, and strapped in. "Welcome to Old Man Willow's Roller-Coaster of Excitement!" said a creepy voice.
"Help! Let is out!" they screamed to no avail. The ride's engine started and they suddently lurched around the tree. The ride wasn't a roller coaster at all, they were just being spun and jerked around.

Sam was finally awakened by the loud engine and screaming. This accounted for Merry and Pippin, but where was Frodo? "Mr. Frodo!" he shouted. He ran down to the stream, where Frodo was leaning dangerously.
"I can see my reflection Sam, I must touch it..." he said in an odd voice.
"Don't touch the water Mr. Frodo, it's polluted. Look at that green scum. And you can see rusty cars at the bottom."
"Pretty lights..." Frodo leaned over too far and fell in, getting covered with smelly green slime. Sam fished him out, also getting slimed.
"Whew Mr. Frodo, you smell foul but look fair, or whatever the expression is," said Sam.
"You don't look so great yourself Sam; let's help Merry and Pippin," Frodo replied.

They tried as hard as they could, but they could not get into the ride. Finally they sat down at the base of the tree, defeated.
Quote:
Old 10-02-2004, 08:42 AM   #31
Telcontar_Dunedain

OOC: Thanks Nurv!

Just at thet moment they heard a man walking down the path near the Tree.
"Help," they shouted. "Help. This tree is eating our friends.
"Tree. I'm afraid not my dear small people! That is no Tree. He is a Carnival Ride. He's been due a Service for a while I'll fix it," replied the old man.
He went round the back of the tree and after a few crashes and smashes he emerged with a Crow Bar hanging out of his pocket.
"It's my beautiful singing voice. Works every time,"he beamed. ""I'm Tom Bombadil. Chief Carnie around here."
As he said this Merry and Pippin emerged out of the Tree, panting like Dogs.
"Let's do that again," said Pippin as he headed towards the Tree.
"No," said Merry firmly, holding him back.
"Anyway, thank you Mr Bombadil. Your help is very much appreciated," said Frodo.
"Anytime. Please come back to my place for a while. Your bike look like they need a bit of fuel anyway," he replied.
Needing not to be asked twice they headed off with Tom.

Old 10-03-2004, 10:44 AM   #32
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Tom was an interesting looking fellow, who never seemed to stop singing. None of his clothes were the same colour - his cap was white, trousers were bright blue, and he was wearing a red felt vest over a tie-dyed T-shirt. Even his socks were mismatched.
"Hey, where are our bikes?" said Sam. The Yamahas seemed to have grown legs and wandered off. Tom looked away.

"Who knows where your bikes have gone,
But please do not look so forlorn,
Come to my house and you'll see,
A place to rest and fair Goldberry."

Frodo was suspicious, but there was nothing they could do. He mostly lamented the loss of the mushrooms - a gift from the esteemed chef Mrs. Maggot. They followed Tom, who set a good pace, his fluorescent orange Nikes squeaking slightly.

Finally, they came to a rainbow-painted Westfailia van. Dusk approached, and it was getting quite cool. The Hobbits were exhausted after their ordeal, but they were refreshed at this cheerful sight. A beautiful woman stepped out, greeting them. "Come inside, warm yourselves by the propane stove. I have prepared Mr. Noodle soup and cookies," said Goldberry melodiously.

"Ah, my fair Goldberry, always is a joy to see,
I have brought gifts from my wandering
After Eight chocolates, ones you can enjoy with tea!"
sang Tom.
Quote:
Old 10-03-2004, 01:00 PM   #33
Telcontar_Dunedain

As they sat up for tea they realised that all things on the table were green. At this the hobbits were most dismayed and now Frodo really rued losing those mushrooms.

OOC: Haven't got anymore ideas so someone else carry on.

Old 10-04-2004, 03:58 AM   #34
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Book 1.7-8: In the House of Tom Bombadil and Fog On the Barrow Downs

As they sat down around the green table Tom came back (from whereever he'd been) and said:

"Welcome to McBombadil's! And this is Goldberry who's my check-out chick!"

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-01-2006 at 04:21 AM.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:08 AM   #35
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Frodo thought it was odd to have a restaurant in a van, but no matter. They heartily tucked into McMushroom Burgers, and the unfortunate loos of Mrs Maggot's gift was (nearly) forgotten. After a hearty dinner, they relaxed around the table smoking pipes with odd tobacco.
"This isn't Longbottom Leaf," commented Merry. Frodo was feeling very relaxed, and decided to see what was in the perilous Package. While everyone was looking away, he slowly undid the string, and quietly removed the brown paper.
Suddenly he was in a strange, grey world. It was noisy, and odd machines roared past him. He could hear the distant voices of his friends calling, "Oi! Where has Frodo gone!"
"Come Frodo, put your Package away, it is just a silly trinket. I can still see you you know," said Tom cheerfully.

OOC: I thought it would be cool if modern Earth was the wraith world.
Quote:
Old 10-04-2004, 11:19 AM   #36
Telcontar_Dunedain

OOC: Where lawyers ruled the world!

Frodo did the package back up with a suprise.
"What is it Frodo?" asked Sam quietly with mushroom sauce round his mouth.
"I don't know exacly. But there were lorries every where, moving quickly. And lawyers, so many lawyers," he replied, on the verge of tears.

Old 10-04-2004, 12:00 PM   #37
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Yeah! Nice one.
Hm. Maybe as the Ring is always capitalized, we should always do the same to "Package"? What do you guys think?

Frodo securely hid the Package and under his cloak, with shaking hands.
"Maybe you would like to see your rooms now," said Tom. The hobbits realized they had smoked and talked for a long time, and it was now completely dark outside.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 10-04-2004 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:47 AM   #38
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

The rooms of McBombadil's Fast Food Restaurant And Hostel was really nice. Proper beds for everyone. The Hobbits slept soundly through the night. Next morning they were awakened by Tom warbling like a robin outside the windows. He saw them off and lend them four more terrain bikes and they drove off towards the distant hills.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 10-05-2004 at 04:01 AM.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:28 PM   #39
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"Oh, it's not just a van," thought Frodo, feeling silly. He went to bed with this thought in his head, and had strange dreams...
Quote:
Old 10-05-2004, 04:31 PM   #40
Telcontar_Dunedain

When they awoke next day they found Tom outside of the van/fast food restraunt/ hostel with their four bikes.
"i um found them wandering round," he said after much questioning from the Hobbits. "And I found another one to. Any way, you'd better be leaving today, don't want to get behind schedule on you journey do you."

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 10-05-2004 at 04:58 PM.
Closed Thread