Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:24 PM   #961
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

*Bob suddenly noticed the bouts of flame.*

Bob: Fire is bad.

*A large tidal wave overtook half the sandbar, which was fortunately the side of the Wraak's crew. Bob stood for a while in the midst of the battle, not getting hit of course. She was thinking. At last she spoke.*

Bob: Trees are good.

*A gigantic tree, two hundred feet tall, sprang up in the middle of the sandbar. However, it was very unstable and all it had so drink was salt water, so it started falling apart immediately. The fighters had to do quite a lot of dodging to stay out of the way of the falling logs, which dissolved as soon as they hit sand or water.*
Old 04-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #962
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Willow pulled out of a roller-coaster-esque, falling log and swinging sword evasion dive and swung the glaive she had adapted at the midriff of the pirate in front of her.
It connected, slashing across his belly with a sickening, squishing swish and she propelled her self backwards, away from the spray of blood - nearly got sqaushed by another branch, which dissolved even as it connected with the crown of her head, thankfully insubstantial. Blast Bob! Trees and tidal waves in the middle of the melee!

She felt and heard the swoosh of flame behind her and resisted the urge to dive forward, to do so would be to risk being trampled, a little heat would harm her far less. Drawing her wings in to protect them and to increase her height she blocked a surprised axeman's blow but before she could disengage the ax burst in a shower of sparks which singed them both and then she was lifted away and dragged from the heart of the battle to the edge where there was room to move and see.

Maeve.

The witch would take her away from duty.

Maeve yelped and let go as Willow elbowed her hard in the stomach and then took off, wings fully out once more. She spiraled high and fast to gain altitude then turned, pointing her blade downwards and dropped.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 05-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #963
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

EXK: Who's the newcomer? *paries sable*

Eär: *slamming on of the Wraak's pirates repeatedly head-first against the mast* I dunno, but she seems to be a friend of Willow...

*Willow elbows Maeve*

Eär: Or then again, maybe not.

Wraak's Pirate: *missing one or two teeth* Excuse me, do you mind?

Eär: Oh, don't be such a baby, I'm trying to have a conversation here, jeez.

*Eärniel gives the pirate one last good slam into the mast again and drops the unconcious enemy over the side.*
Old 05-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #964
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

*Bob felt the presence of Maeve very late. Her reflexes must have been off. As soon as she realized the ship was here, she zoomed toward it at supersonic speed. The resulting shock wave knocked everyone off their feet.*

Bob: HOME!

*Bob blasted a hole in the side of Maeve's ship, causing the invisibility field to be broken, went through the temporal distortion in the middle of the ship, and got the hell out of that universe.*
Old 05-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #965
Earniel

Eär: *scrambles back on her feet* Whoa, that was some grand exit!

EXK: *also rise to her feet* What did he do?

Eär: By the looks of it, put a hole into one possibly enemy ship and then vamooshed.

EXK: Oh, well then. Good job, Bob.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:34 AM   #966
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

The shock of Bob's exit and knocked Willow wings over heels out of her dive, sparing both her and Maeve from what would have been an incredibly painful impact. Willow righted herself and landed with difficulty near the Captain and Earniel in time to hear that Bob had 'vamooshed.' Standing up she looked around at the suddenly dazed and bewildered pirates scattered around the island. Some she recognized, not as pirates of the Nal or the Wraack, but as sailors from her home world who had probably come with Maeve. Something was wrong.

The Bob effect was passing but Maeve's people seemed to be wavering against their wills, as if Bob had opened not just a doorway, but a vacuum into which they were compelled to follow. Feeling the compulsion growing in herself Willow plunged her glaive into the sand and braced herself against that anchor, glimpsing Maeve doing the same with her spear some distance away. With a great sucking sound their fellows seemed to stretch, were blurred and pulled back home. When the noise died away the ship through which Bob had dived was whole again and both it and the island were emptied of Kiaccians. Only Maeve remained with Willow among the pirates.

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-18-2008, 04:41 AM   #967
Earniel

*The strange happenings of giant crumbling trees, shockwaves and vacuumed opponents were too much for the crew of the Wraak, they stood by shocked and dazed. The crew of the Nal who had seen many things like it before, were less frazzled and made good use of the opportunity and attacked again. Soon many of the Wraak's crew very soon bit the sand or surrendered.*
Old 10-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #968
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Willow had just calmed down and was about to attempt talking to Maeve when she felt her arm grabbed in a firm grip. Looking up she saw her captor was in fact her current Captain, who had left off seeing to the subduing of the Wraack to deal with the matter of the Wine thieves.

Maeve: *nodding towards Willow* She a hostage here?

XK: Maybe.

Willow: What?!

XK: There's been a change of plan. If our Wine survived all the drama, you both go free. If not...

Maeve: *thoroughly confused* Wine? That's what-? *Looks to XK* Ma'am, I'd be obliged if you and your crew would hold off on the death threats for a bitsy and just tell me what this nuisance of a flitter's been up to.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #969
Earniel

*The captain of the Nal looked at Meave, trying to size her up.*

EXK: Pirating. What is it to you? Besides, I do not like being questioned by someone who didn't bother to properly introduce herself...
Old 10-29-2008, 01:15 AM   #970
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

*Maeve returned XK's sizing-up stare for stare and finally began to speak.*

Maeve: I'm Maeve Flannary, Captain of the Sea Flame. Princess Flitter's alleged pirating career became my business when her concerned brother aimed his fleet at my ship and accused me of inciting her to treacharous behavior. I've been neglecting my kin for the last two seasons searching for that tricksy fae you're holding onto and now I've found her she seems to have picked out a new pirate to get kidnapped by and that after forty some years of my saving her glitzy little wing-tips -

Willow: *outraged* Like I haven't kept your brood from starving just as often-!

Maeve: *talking over Willow's protests* -at the expense of my own hide. So kindly, who are you and what do you mean here?

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 10-29-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:06 AM   #971
Earniel

EXK: *to Willow* My, you do make friends everywhere you go... *she turns to Maeve* I am Xenoia Karris, Captain of the Nancelot. My crew and I are looking for the prize that we won at the expense of our former captain, but it got... misplaced when our ship was attacked by the same sorry lot that my crew is tying up on the beach.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:43 PM   #972
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Maeve: *catching on* And you think said misplacing ended your prize up in my hands.

Willow: Well I did go straight to you. *frustrated* I told you this wasn't a good time for games, Maeve! Now have you got the wine I had to leave with you or not?

Maeve: *gets a very strange look on her face* Willow... what wine?

XK: *tightens her grip* I don't like the sound of that.

Willow: Ow! *to Maeve* What do you mean, 'what wine'? When you locked me in the brig I left a bottle of wine in your cabin, like I always do when you take me hostage while I'm carrying improtant stuff, I was forced to escape without it. *starting to panic* You didn't leave it on the Sea Flame did you?

Maeve: Course not, it wasn't there. You had it when you came on board with that friend of yours, but I don't recall it being there after we sailed out.

XK: It's a bottle of wine, it can't just walk off!

Maeve: *half to herself* And it wouldn't have got drunk on my ship... *to Willow* Your friend mention anything about it in the note she left?

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 12-03-2008 at 02:01 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #973
Earniel

Eärniel: *coming closer* Um, captain, I think you got to take a look at this.

EXK: Eärniel, why does that miffed lori you're holding have a tiny parachute attached?

Eärniel: It just landed like that a few seconds ago, ma'am. It had a note.

EXK: *mutters* Not another one.

Eärniel: What?

EXK: Never mind, what does it say?

Eärniel: It says: "Stay put and don't kill anyone. We're coming and we're bringing the booze!"

*seagulls, the sea-side variety of crickets*

EXK: Ooookay, that is slightly cryptic... Funnily enough, it sounds like what one of us would write...

Eärniel: But we haven't lost or misplaced any crew-members recently, have we?

EXK: Not recently, no. I wonder... Say Willow, what exactly did Tano say she was going to do?
Old 10-31-2008, 03:27 AM   #974
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Willow: *thoroughly miffed* She didn't say. She started hanging around with this group of players one of Maeve's grandkids introduced her to and then ran off one day.

Maeve: Sensible thing to do, I'd say. The players in Solis are a good lot. Loose morals, sharp minds for lore and much lower chance of getting killed.

Willow: *glowering* No excuse. Her note made mine look like the epitome of diplomacy and who knows if that was a reputable group-

Maeve: *interrupting* I know, and the group she went off with and they're pretty fine. They specialize in dramas featuring forbidden romance. Real into vampires right now. Don't see why... angsty monsters.

Ear: Monsters? Isn't your grandson one...?

Willow: He doesn't count.

XK: Why not?

Maeve/Willow: It's a long-

XK: We have time.

Willow: He had an unlucky birth.

Maeve: And he still balances out all right now he can control it. My folk's power lies in manipulating and... inciting energetic interactions between natural elements. Our vampires do more or less the opposite. They drain it because being neither alive nor dead, they don't naturally have enough to exist but they can take it from everything around them and do so indefinitely. They aren't evil, no, but they are mighty unnatural.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 12-02-2008, 10:50 PM   #975
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

*Kor dug himself out of the sand bank he was sumberged in when the Wraak pirate he was attacking bulldozed into him. Kor got himself upright and spitting out sand.*

Kor: Who...what...? Where's the wine now?

*more seagulls*

Earniel: Apperantly, it's on it's way here... *shows him the cryptic note*

Kor:.... How peculiar. So, what's this about monsters and vampires? *helps Flannery back to his feet as he had been knocked down by a group of fallen pirates.* Do tell, seeing as we have time enough until the tide comes in.

OOC: Hmm, I re read the thread, and you mention several times that Maeve has the wine aboard and that Aohdfin (? can't spell that worth a damn...managed to snatch it away from Willow when she tried to escape.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 12-02-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:22 AM   #976
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

OOC: It's fixed now.

Maeve: We were explaining why my Ignatius isn't a vampire the way folks here think vampires ought to be.

Kor: Coulda told you all that. Where is he anyway?

Maeve: *satisfied*Back in our home world. Seems that Other did its job there at least.

Willow: *slowly, thinking something out* Maeve... where did you leave the SeaFlame?

Maeve: Back home too. They probably docked in Solis to wait out this business.

Willow: Could Alestair have steered it back into these waters after you left?

Maeve: Yeah...

Willow: And time moves faster here. If Tano took the Wine before you and I left, she could have learned what she needed to about vampires and decided to move on her own just in time for the SeaFlame's return to Solis. It wasn't far at all from there to the natural crossing point and even less far from that point to the Island.

Everyone: ...

Exk: To the point please, Willow?

Willow: Tano could have the Wine and would have found out that the type of vampire Ignatius, and thus the type of vampire Cap'n, is doesn't have anything to do with Holy or Un-Holy things and has had enough time and access to a ship to take the Wine back to Cap'n! Who can drink it! *hugging Xk and Earniel impulsively* It's all all right!

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 12-03-2008, 07:00 AM   #977
Earniel

Eärniel: *untangles herself from the hug* You know, if Tano had just come to us and told us, we could have spared ourselves a lot of trouble.

EXK: And ruin the Capt'n's chance of a grand entry, mate? Very un-piratish, that.

Eärniel: About that, I suppose you'll be wantin' your first-mate bunk back, right?

Kor: Hang on, what's that noise?

EXK: *whips out spy glass and looks at the ocean* Something is approaching... It looks like a penguin-powered rowing boat...
Old 12-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #978
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Kor: Wtf? *indeed, three penguins per oar were working themselves hard to row the boat towards them*... That... Seems like a glorious waste of energy. So wait, you vaccuumed Flannery back, even though he didn't want to go? Well, that's rubbish!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #979
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Maeve's answer to the accusation is drowned out by the ceremonial symphony of penguins as the rowing boat came ashore.
In pairs the penguins hopped to land, standing to tuxedoed attention in two rows.

At the prow of the boat stand two figures, one very short and shouldering The Weapon and the other posed heroically hold aloft the shining bottle - the long sought - Holy Wine. The Cap'n was back.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 03-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #980
Earniel

*There was much rejoicing and much boozing.

And then there were partings.

Soon the
Nancelot left the island on which now dwelt a handful of ex-pirates piglets, one of them still shaking its hoof and swearing piglet-ly revenge; and the battered sloop, with faerie and pirate on board, sailed home, leaving the ocean between worlds behind. The Wraak was now only a smoldering wreck, gliding under the waves near the island.

Beneath the stars, the
Nancelot quietly sailed on across the interdimensional seas. Everything was quiet on the deck, everywhere the remaining crewmembers in advanced stages of inebriation, lay drunkenly smiling, still clutching at their almost empty glasses of Holy Wine and occasionally going *hick*.*

EXK: So twin... *hips* Now that we got the Wine ... and conshu... consh... drunk it. What are we going to do next?

Captain:We-ell... have you ever heard of the... the... *hick* Sacred Cider of the Island of... Shomethin' Shomething?

EXK: Can't remember, wine fried me memory. *takes another swig*

Captain:*grins* Well... I always fancied a glass of it...

*And so the Nancelot drifted on, with a completely drunk crew, always aiming for the next round of spirits hidden far across the oceans, getting into adventures which are unrecorded in these halls.*

THE END