Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 11:03 PM   #981
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Probably enjoying herself offline. I miss her too dern it. Oh well, they'll come back, they cant leave us in a lurch.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:53 AM   #982
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Serenoli and Rian I am glad you found time to talk. And it were good posts.

Except for one thing. Rian, I think you slightly mix what rpg-Rian and other rpg characters know, with what real Rian and other character minders know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian
Tolvadok watched her carefully, although to the casual observer he seemed to have his mind on other things. This conversation seemed a bit pointless, because the Morgul Lord had told everyone involved that he was going to have the job, but it was good to go through the usual things for appearance's sake, and perhaps he might learn something useful. One never knew...
First of all the Morgul Lord has NOT told "everyone involved" about Tolvadok's appointment to Orrodel. He told one person only - Tolvadok himself, but NOT Khamul, NOT Lilly, Viv or Buz (and certainly not Rian and Alagos ). It was me who told the plan to all character minders in advance.

The conversation is NOT pointless, as the main goal is to learn how much "unnatural" has Rian seen in Orrodel, and how much of it she is ready to tell to a stranger. The ML thinks that it was a BAD mistake to hire Rian in the first place. Lilly and Buz should have brought trusted servants with them, as Udu is doing and Khamul is going to do, instead of hiring locals, especially ELVES!!

Now Rian has likely seen and heard something (unavoidable with Lilly around ) and is potentially dangerous.

So I personally was disappointed to see Tolvadok so little interested in his task . He could have used at least half of the charm and cunning he displayed when talking to Annawen.
But I realize, he is not my character but Serenoli's so she will have the final word.

Also, I believe it is better when speaking of Rian and Alagos to refer to Tolvadok as Girithron.

Wonderful post, Lotesse! I love all your posts with Lomi. I think you are bound to get the first place in "interaction with animals" here (well, maybe shared with Sane for her Vorticorn).

Only please, note it couldn't have been 11 when Viv returned to Orrodel, as Marty's Defensive building ended at 10.50 and after that he and Ray had time to eat, to spar with Mahtaliel and to talk with her. And Vivvie had time for her kiss and a walk to the South-West gate. So, I believe the time would be 12-12.30 at the earliest.
*Evil nitpicker runs away hiding her head with both hands from Lomi's claws).
Then turns and cries*
HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALL!!!!
Old 01-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #983
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Lotesse, that was a good post. Especially liked the ending.

Rian Your post was good, but I do agree with Gordis about the indifference. Will send you some edits by pm. But I liked it otherwise..

Everyone, Happy New Year!!!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 01-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #984
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Here I am! Thanks to all who missed me.

Happy New Year!

VERY GOOD POSTS EVERYBODY!

I will be around, but not too much, as I will be pretty busy now. But I will certainly enjoy "hiring" Tolvadok! I will try to find some new curses in the Black Speech for the occasion.

What now? Should Lilly wait for Tolvadok to show in Orrodel, or will she have to go to the Commerce lesson first (14.50)?
Old 01-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #985
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thanx 4 picking that up, Gordis; I was vacillating about the correct time and wasn't sure, but I figured someone would set me straight! I'll go change it now. And thanx 4 the kind words!

Crazy Squirrel
, so happy to see you!!

Last edited by Lotesse : 01-01-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:16 PM   #986
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I'm going off to read in the game thread...

ps, his name is Volricom.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #987
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Serenoli and Gordis - I put in the changes in Serenoli's PM that you guys came up with, as far as they related to Tolvadok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
Rian Your post was good, but I do agree with Gordis about the indifference. Will send you some edits by pm. But I liked it otherwise..
Thanks - it's totally up to you for edits, as I went ahead without a PM from you since I had some time. I just went off the formal info thread, where you wrote, "He is also very impersonal, taking little interest in others, even while talking animatedly to another, his mind seems far away. " and what I remembered you posting about him. Perhaps with a direct assignment from the ML, he would be more animated, but I just wrote him like the formal info thread. It's up to you if you would like more changes - let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Serenoli and Rian I am glad you found time to talk. And it were good posts.
We didn't find time to talk - I hadn't heard from Serenoli yet and I had some time, and she wanted me to write it, so I just went ahead and wrote it, knowing it would need to be edited. So any errors in the post are my fault. I mainly went off the formal info thread where it said "He is also very impersonal, taking little interest in others, even while talking animatedly to another, his mind seems far away. " and what I remembered Serenoli posting about him.

Quote:
Except for one thing. Rian, I think you slightly mix what rpg-Rian and other rpg characters know, with what real Rian and other character minders know.
Nope, I don't think so, as far as rpg-Rian.

Quote:
First of all the Morgul Lord has NOT told "everyone involved" about Tolvadok's appointment to Orrodel. He told one person only - Tolvadok himself, but NOT Khamul, NOT Lilly, Viv or Buz (and certainly not Rian and Alagos ). It was me who told the plan to all character minders in advance.
I was referring ONLY to the other Nazgul when I wrote "Everyone involved" - NOT Rian and Alagos, as they are NOT involved in his hiring But I was mistaken about the other Nazgul - I thought the ML had already informed them in one of your posts - so I fixed it.

Quote:
The conversation is NOT pointless, as the main goal is to learn how much "unnatural" has Rian seen in Orrodel, and how much of it she is ready to tell to a stranger. The ML thinks that it was a BAD mistake to hire Rian in the first place. Lilly and Buz should have brought trusted servants with them, as Udu is doing and Khamul is going to do, instead of hiring locals, especially ELVES!!
I meant "pointless" as in he doesn't need her info to make up his mind about the job, and I had referred to his finding out info, but I reworded it to make it more clear.

Quote:
So I personally was disappointed to see Tolvadok so little interested in his task . He could have used at least half of the charm and cunning he displayed when talking to Annawen.
But I realize, he is not my character but Serenoli's so she will have the final word.
I based my post rather strongly on the formal info thread bit I quoted above, so please be sure to realize that his lack of interest is not Serenoli's fault. I just wanted to get a post out, ready for edits by Serenoli and by anyone else that spots an error. Serenoli, do you want more changes? I went prob. too heavily off the formal info thread bit. I'm willing to rewrite anything and everything about Tolvadok.

Quote:
Also, I believe it is better when speaking of Rian and Alagos to refer to Tolvadok as Girithron.
I don't have them speaking/thinking of him as Tolvadok - I refer to him as Tolvadok in a third-person writing sense. I like it that way. I made one change to Girithron to match the sentence you guys added about the sniffing, because your sentence referred to him that way and it flowed better in the paragraph that way.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 01-01-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #988
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

book people -

I edited my posts 658 and 668 - I had Rian put away the book from her parents, and take out another one to show Sapthan, and THAT one is the one Khamul snatched. IT also has moon letters.

I think the only other post that needs to be edited is TD's post 705, where Rian hands the book back to him. We're not doing that now, right? So I guess put in what I said before, the "Eowyn" line - "do what you must, but I will not give you what is mine." when Khamul asks for the book back and threatens her. TD might want an edit on one of Maggie's posts, too, to make his character more consistent - I agree with TD that Khamul wouldn't let the book be simply snatched out of his hand. Perhaps a thought can be added about why he lets the book go, or something to keep Khamul consistent with how TD sees him. Anyway, I think I'm done with my edits - let me know if I missed something, guys!

Lotesse - Nice to see Lomi again, and I like how you show her little owlish personality, and illustrate Viv's distraction

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 01-01-2006, 07:30 PM   #989
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thanx, Rian!
Old 01-01-2006, 08:04 PM   #990
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I like that post Lotesse. Its cute just how twitterpated these two are.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:07 PM   #991
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thanx, Shah! But I'm going nuts tryna come up with a juicy enought news tidbit for Lomi to pass on to her; I am stumped. The owl wouldn't have made such a big deal & interrupted the kiss and everything, just to report that she saw nothing out of the ordinary. Meh. Still tryna think...
Old 01-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #992
Rían

ps to book people - I also edited my post 704 to reflect both books.

Lotesse - I have an idea for you - I"ll PM it to you

Old 01-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #993
Rían

Serenoli - I made another version of the Tolvadok/Rian/Alagos post, with Tolvadok much more proactive in following the ML's orders. Let me know if you want me to use that one instead, and if you have any edits, ok?

Old 01-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #994
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Captian Shah adn Mahta are gonna be featured largely in my next post, pity old BB wont read it. Alas!

*types away on the post*
Old 01-04-2006, 04:22 AM   #995
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

We reached 1000 before I split off the last few posts into the next thread.

Therefore - closing #4 thread and making #5.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Closed Thread