Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-18-2000, 01:18 AM   #1
Gilthalion

Discussion

Well folks, Hobbiton seems to be a very interesting place these days! Sharkey, Wormtongue and company have things well in hand!

"Pimple" Sackville-Baggins is now a hostage, folks are being locked up, the Green Dragon is about to meet its fate...

Why, we evil lads are going to have a fine time for a good long while!

We are cunning, fierce, and ruthless!

You pathetic hobbits, bedraggled rangers, least of sorcerers, and whatever else may pass through are no match for Saruman of Many Colors!

[c]
JOIN THE DARK SIDE!

Get rid of your old fashioned mills and holes. Modernize! Industrialize! Perhaps you've always wanted to put some people in their place. Now you can! Be a Sheriff, with expanded powers and privileges! The Shire is under new management and construction is underway, so pardon our Progress!
Old 09-18-2000, 02:45 AM   #2
Shanamir Duntak

Re: Discussion

:lol: :lol: Sound like U.S army publicity :lol:
Old 09-18-2000, 10:51 AM   #3
Gilthalion

Their recruitment has fallen off sharply.

The US Army does not offer the proper signup bonuses! Sharkey's Men will live like kings, and the haflings will make fine undustrious little slaves!

How can the Army beat that?
Old 09-18-2000, 12:12 PM   #4
Shanamir Duntak

Whoopsie another double post Gil!

And you think your evil ways can continue??? ha :lol: ha :lol: ha!!!

When the generic comes, we'll see who still alive and kicking. Good guys can't lose.
Old 09-18-2000, 03:42 PM   #5
Gilthalion

Cursed EZBOARD!!!!

I fortell this:

Not one of you goodie-two-shoes will so much as lay a hand on Saruman of Many Colors!

Nyah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Old 09-18-2000, 11:51 PM   #6
Darth Tater

Eh, forget about slaves, kill all the hobbits while we still can!

skwid.home.texas.net/peter_overlord.html
Old 09-19-2000, 12:21 AM   #7
RovingTurtle

The furry inhabitants of hobbitton shall teach you a thing or two about trickery foolish wizard, Saruman of BLAND TASTELESS colors (pink and brick red i'd bet)

*thinks about the corny joke i just made...CRIES*
Old 09-19-2000, 01:14 AM   #8
anduin

I just don't get RPG. May be I do not have a creative mind, maybe I am just too darn shy, maybe I am a bit too uptight, maybe I.....
Old 09-19-2000, 02:55 AM   #9
Gilthalion

Be free!

Actually, I would prefer some rules, some dice throws, and a little more Umph! Not so much that you've got to play the game with a calculator! (Been there, suffered that!) Maybe I'll plan and run a game like that after the first of the year.

This is pure improvisation.

There are a lot of directions here. I will try to weave them together, and others are also working off of each other.

The suspence is, that no one knows if we can pull it off, that is to say, have a story that finishes by tying up all of the loose ends by the time the Hobbit Heroes arrive.

This means that all of the evil characters will have to "play dead" when they get shot (like we never did on the playground). This also means that all extraordinary characters must fade away in due time.

I think we all (excepting possibly Tater!) want it to end up so that the Scouring of the Shire can take place as written. Frills and flourishes of our own should not be too far off cannon.

Then again, some of you may want to do a complete rewrite, but ask yourselves this...

Are you prepared to have Saruman of Many Colors as Lord of Arnor?
Old 09-19-2000, 05:09 PM   #10
Xivigg

In your mind

Saruman will be death and i'll be the ruler of Arnor :P

It's only a mather of time

Xivigg
Old 09-19-2000, 10:34 PM   #11
Gilthalion

I know what to do with YOU!!!!

Do you think me unprepared for this contingency? Saruman of Many Colors, who long gazed into the Palantir of Orthanc? Do you not think that I know of this Eastern Potentate and his pretensions? Do you not think that I am quite ready for the likes of you?

I hardly know which tool to use!

AAAHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA!
Old 09-20-2000, 04:44 AM   #12
Shanamir Duntak

Don't speak so fast Gil you don't know Xivigg the way I do... He's probably been thinking about what to do two days long!
Old 09-20-2000, 04:52 AM   #13
Shanamir Duntak

Anf Gil I think we'll go for a rewriting...
Old 09-20-2000, 11:58 AM   #14
Xivigg

No need for rewriting everything is going according to my plan

Saruman will die exactely as the book say
After the fun will truly begin
Old 09-20-2000, 01:16 PM   #15
Shanamir Duntak

Ah... you wanna rewrite what's after the scouring?
Old 09-21-2000, 12:00 AM   #16
Darth Tater

I would never even considering braking canon. Of course the scouring will go as planned, I'm just having a bit of fun, and I realize I have to go bye bye somtime, I play bad guys all the time, I know I have to lose eventually.

I like the unstructured RPG because it gives the writers so much freedom and room to be creative. Card and dice games I don't like, no room for fun IMO!

BTW, I added Enchanting Camelot to the web ring here, which has some really great writers running very enjoyable rpg's
Old 09-21-2000, 12:48 AM   #17
Shanamir Duntak

You don't like dice RPG because you never experienced a good DM. You still have lot of place for roleplaying and having fun, the dice are just there to tell you: yes you can do that or no you can't.
Old 09-21-2000, 02:09 AM   #18
Gilthalion

Yeah, I think the games got really complicated because that way folks had to buy more stuff to play them!

We threw it away, developed an easy system, and had a lot of fun.

But we spent a lot of money on Monster Manuals, etc. before we wised up.

Grrrrrrr!

(See, I'm not a Capitalist Robber Baron! I just play one in an RPG!)

Still, I liked painting the little miniatures!
Old 09-21-2000, 07:36 AM   #19
Morkhon

Yep, you need a good GM for a good game. I'm running a game (the game is the creation of my best friend and I)every Friday right now with some friends and everyone is having a really good time.

I just wanted to say that this is really turning out well and everyone is making some great contribitons.

BTW, I will fight you to the last Gil, with all the Dwarven fortitude and strenght.
Old 09-21-2000, 10:51 AM   #20
Gilthalion

Your pitiful band will be taken care of in due time!

Don't worry, I don't mind if you fight to the last dwarf!

The sooner I see the LAST dwarf indeed, the better!

Nyah hah hah hah ha ha ha ha!