Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2001, 09:21 PM   #41
Morkhon

Re: Fangorn Discussion

Ok, just wanted to give some background on my character.

He is a Ranger of the North and of Numenorean(sp?) descent. Even though not of the lineage of Elendil he was raised in the house of Elrond from a young age and is well versed in ancient lore (hence his recognizing of Syntia as a High-Elf who has bathed in the light of the two trees). When he came of age he was given an elven sword forged in Rivendell and decided to take up the charge of all the Rangers. Unlike some Rangers though he has travelled into the lands of Gondor and was once in Fangorn, and helped the Ents in some (as yet undeciceded by me) way. Therefore when the Ents sensed trouble Fangorn they decided to send word to him to see if he would aid them. He came to Fangorn with all speed and everything since then you know. He looks to be in his late twenties with long brown hair and blue eyes, but like all of his race he is long lived and his actual age is 43.
Old 01-19-2001, 10:25 PM   #42
Lief Erikson

Sounds good, and I have no intention of stopping you from getting into the fortress. Getting Slythre out will be helpful, and that's only one of three reasons I have for wanting them there.
Old 01-23-2001, 02:06 AM   #43
Morkhon

Ah hell, I just got swamped with work. The spring semester of college started today and between that and a friend's wedding I won't be able to post until Sunday. I leave Faradin in everyone else's hands. Please don't get him killed; I've grown fond of the valiant Ranger.
Old 01-25-2001, 12:05 AM   #44
Lief Erikson

Well, I have more characters to introduce. Funny how I keep just adding on more and more, but the plot just keeps unfolding that way.

First of all, I guess I'd better clarify the character of my elf captain, Nardran. He used to be a lieutenant under the command of Dol Amroth, but was captured in a battle against orcs. He was joined with other prisoners, and had to fight for survival with them, attempting to work his way up with his captors, to get high enough in rank to lead a prisoner revolt. He achieved a high rank, just as he had hoped, but as he did, the effort changed him, and he became unwilling to simply cast aside that which it had taken such effort to create. After a while, he was promoted again, now to the rank of captain, and finally met the master himself. When he went on the mission with the balrog and his army, he supervised the construction of the fortress. Shortly after, he was changed into the commander of intelligence affairs. He commanded the black men who inspected Fangorn, trying to ascertain the location of the Book of Secrets. Eventually, he met Slythre, and fed her false information about their goal. He told her that he was the commander of the fortress, and that they were searching for a great treasure in Fangorn. She was fooled, but he grew quite fond of her during the time when she was passing information on to them about Unvar. When she forced him to reveal the master to her, he was truly sorry about what happened, and grew angry at the balrog, although, naturally, he kept that emotion strictly private.

And then came his whipping at the hands of the balrog, and disfigurment. After it, all of his anger that he'd felt before came back, as well as a incredible new wrath, and desire for revenge that hardened his soul into merciless anger, and gave him a new purpose in life, and only one. To kill the balrog.
Old 01-25-2001, 12:06 AM   #45
Lief Erikson

Well, I have more characters to introduce. Funny how I keep just adding on more and more, but the plot just keeps unfolding that way.

I guess I'd better start with a history of my elf captain, Nardran. He used to be a lieutenant under the command of Dol Amroth, but was captured in a battle against orcs. He was joined with other prisoners, and had to fight for survival with them, attempting to work his way up with his captors, to get high enough in rank to lead a prisoner revolt. He achieved a high rank, just as he had hoped, but as he did, the effort changed him, and he became unwilling to simply cast aside that which it had taken such effort to create. After a while, he was promoted again, now to the rank of captain, and finally met the master himself. When he went on the mission with the balrog and his army, he supervised the construction of the fortress. Shortly after, he was changed into the commander of intelligence affairs. He commanded the black men who inspected Fangorn, trying to ascertain the location of the Book of Secrets. Eventually, he met Slythre, and fed her false information about their goal. He told her that he was the commander of the fortress, and that they were searching for a great treasure in Fangorn. She was fooled, but he grew quite fond of her during the time when she was passing information on to them about Unvar. When she forced him to reveal the master to her, he was truly sorry about what happened, and grew angry at the balrog, although, naturally, he kept that emotion strictly private.

And then came his whipping at the hands of the balrog, and disfigurment. After it, all of his anger that he'd felt before came back, as well as a incredible new wrath, and desire for revenge that hardened his soul into merciless anger, and gave him a new purpose in life, and only one. To kill the balrog.

*By the way, Sauganast, if your still keeping up, you could make Findaluin have known Nardran in the past through Dol Amroth.*
Old 01-25-2001, 06:41 PM   #46
Elbreth of Carhouth

Ok, I just want to warn you about adding too many characters. It's still ok, just make sure you are very clear as to who is doing what, and where everyone is.
I must confess, I did get a little confused for a bit.
Old 01-25-2001, 07:47 PM   #47
Lief Erikson

Yeah. I know it seems like a lot, and I'm not purposely making a lot. Its just that as the plot unfolds, it turns out that I need more to fill the different places. Sorry if I confused you, and also I apologize for using your different characters so much in the fortress. My part of the plot's meant to be a bit difficult to fathom, although now most of it's come into the light. There's still more to come, though!
Old 01-26-2001, 06:15 AM   #48
Elbreth of Carhouth

It's perfectly alright, looking forward to it!
Old 01-26-2001, 06:54 AM   #49
Morkhon

Elbreth, I need a response to my last post and then we can see about getting Narsh healed and it will give me a reason for going into the forest and learning what happened there.
Old 01-26-2001, 05:17 PM   #50
Elbreth of Carhouth

Sure, just letting you know, guys. Narsh might end up dying from that wound, it was poisoned. If he does die, it won't be right away though.
Old 01-27-2001, 07:15 AM   #51
Lief Erikson

I actually think that there's probably a good chance Narsh survives. If Syntia and the ents could heal Mal, in his condition, I think that the poison wouldn't be too much of a problem. Unless of course, it's so swift acting that it kills him before he can get help from one of these two groups.
Old 01-28-2001, 04:45 AM   #52
Morkhon

I'm a ranger guys I can heal stuff like this too.
Old 01-28-2001, 07:15 AM   #53
Lief Erikson

It's the hands of the king that are the hands of the healer, remember? But Faradin probably will know something of the art as well.
Old 01-31-2001, 05:52 AM   #54
Lief Erikson

Morkhon, if your still here, I've got a question. Since your going to be leaving for a while, does that mean your leaving the game, or that you'll be back after a while?
Old 01-31-2001, 07:11 AM   #55
Morkhon

I'm not sure, I'll still be around the board, but I really don't have the motivation to post right now. If I get interested in posting again I will take my character back.
Old 02-08-2001, 10:18 PM   #56
Lief Erikson

Sorry to take so long. I've been thinking about the next stage.

Mathron, do you think that there is any way to tie your villains to mine? Because, all of my characters and plot strands are leaning towards whatever happens at Iron Heart, and I'm a little bit at a loss to see how they are going to end up treasure hunting with Mal.

Perhaps M'ertan could sense the completion of the Blasting Delve, and seek an alliance or something.
Old 02-09-2001, 12:17 AM   #57
Mathron

Hum, I don't think so. I think my enemies will be pretty absent for a bit - let us get a completion to the events at Castle Iron Heart, and then move from there. I am certainly thinking those mysterious guys we fought (when the wolf arrived) will be possibly showing up during the assault on the place to confuse matters, but not as a major plot point in Mal's development.
-Mathron
Old 02-09-2001, 02:49 AM   #58
Lief Erikson

Right, well I just suspect that after the Iron Heart scenario, most of my people will move out. I can't see how Unvar, Nardran, or Agravigan could be convinced to go on with Mal, if they're even still alive. Slythre is the only person who would possibly be interested in going, even though that doesn't seem extremely likely either. If things could tie together somehow, we might be able to find an ending soon, instead of just proceeding from one adventure to another.

The Iron Heart scenario is where my plans end. After it's over, I don't have anything else. I'll certainly continue playing if everything continues, with what characters I have left, but it seems like everything's been boiling down to a point, and this is it.

I can see that it would be a bit illogical if M'ertan got connected with the Balrog, but it would make it a bit tidier of an ending.
Old 02-09-2001, 03:14 AM   #59
Mathron

Well< i am going to be continuing my character over along with his enemies into an ongoing thing, which hopefully people will join. If this continues, I have the new character to continue in Fangorn.
Old 02-09-2001, 04:22 AM   #60
Lief Erikson

So you're going to be making a new RPG which takes place with Mal, and what happens after Fangorn Forest?

Sorry, I just couldn't understand your last post very clearly. If you are going to make a new one, I'll join in.