Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-16-2000, 06:08 AM   #1
Elbreth of Carhouth

Fangorn Discussion

Ok guys, I've started the new game. Jump in as you wish. You can be in Fangorn, or outside it somewhere and we all meet up. If you want we need a bad guy again.
I've left open the character of Narsh if anyone wants him. He's a good guy, but I've pictured him rather diciplined, strict. He's a few years older than Dania, and there might sometime, eventually, but it's up to whoever takes him as a character, be some sort of romance between he and Dania. They've travelled and fought together for years, both are Elven Warriors, Dania an archer.
I'm open to suggestions for how this plot should go.
Old 12-16-2000, 04:48 PM   #2
Mathron

Re: Fangorn Discussion

My character is not techinically a bad guy... gonna introduce him into the story shortly, although he won't meet up with you right away, though probably fairly soon.
So, he isn't really a bad guy, but he is a bit.. amoral. Also dark and mysterious, but his primary goal right now is that he is searching for a piece of jewelry - an armband.
(rings are so last millenia, don't ya know)

-Mathron
Old 12-16-2000, 06:00 PM   #3
Lief Erikson

I'm just curious, what's the time period? I want to know if Saruman is going to be involved with this, and who owns Isengard. Because Orthanc is so nearby, it could be very useful to know if currently Saruman's orcs are chopping down the forest, or Saruman is learning wisdom from Treebeard and the Ents.
Old 12-16-2000, 06:53 PM   #4
gdl96

I'm not so sure on how everything works, so I'm gonna watch until I find the right time to jump in as Maulstradamus the Short.
Old 12-16-2000, 08:36 PM   #5
Morkhon

Now that I have time with the semester being over I will join too. I'm not sure what I'm going to be and I'm going to wait for the right time too.
Old 12-19-2000, 04:50 AM   #6
Lief Erikson

Hello, I just want to say that I'm not going to be Saruman, even though I just used him a bunch in my post. My characters are mainly going to be along the coast of Harad. They're the Corsairs of Umbar. It seems a little far-fetched that they could be linked in some way to Fangorn, but I've got an idea, and from the two posts I've already written I think it's possible to see where I'm going with this.
Old 12-21-2000, 02:40 AM   #7
Elbreth of Carhouth

Sounds good guys, I'm sorry I haven't been on lately. I've been sick, and still am. Don't expect me to be on much for the next few days. Should pick up a little by the weekend, my Christmas break starts then.
I take it no one wants Narsh's character? I would rather not play both, gets messy.
Old 12-22-2000, 07:19 AM   #8
Morkhon

Well I have joined the thread. So when does this take place at? I may want to edit my post if it takes place during a certain time frame.
Old 12-24-2000, 04:43 AM   #9
Lief Erikson

I don't know when it's taking place, so I pretty much decided to take matters into my own hands since I couldn't get an answer. I'm assuming that it takes place about the same time as Saruman is just turning evil. He recently left the tutorage of Treebeard and is beginning to take command of orcs. I made him just get control of the Palantir too, so he's probably going to use that as another of his multiple weapons.
Old 12-24-2000, 07:18 AM   #10
Lief Erikson

Sorry for forgetting to write about who my character is. His name is Unvar, and he's the ruler of the Corsairs. He's harsh and rather cold, and has a craving desire for the palantir. I guess sort of like Gollum or Frodo had for the Ring. Except Unvar might be able to get out of it, and it's not quite that intense. I've so far made him begin his trek toward Isengard, but he's likely to either lose his way or get diverted into Fangorn. Anyway, I had a plot strand thought up, and so far what I've done is give his background and his reason for being here. I haven't done all that much thought after that, so he'll be free to join or make whatever adventure happens next.
Old 12-25-2000, 04:32 AM   #11
Elbreth of Carhouth

The reason I didn't say what time period this was happening, is because I wanted it to come out on it's own. Which it just has, well done. I like the way it's turning out!
Old 12-25-2000, 06:33 AM   #12
Lief Erikson

Thanks for clarifying that, Elbreth.
Old 12-25-2000, 08:32 AM   #13
Lief Erikson

Sauganast, I hope you enjoy having Unvar on your heels. I really like your character. He really intrigues me.

By the way, if Xivigg, Shanamir or Gilthalian are reading this post, I'd really like you guys to play.

One last thing. If anyone else wants to be Saruman, your welcome to him. I have only been using him as a side character, and am not intending to actually keep up as him. There's just one more thing I'd like to do with him, and then he'll be available.
Old 12-25-2000, 06:50 PM   #14
Sauganast

Thanks, this is my first time with a char that is not a wizard, we will see how it goes. And as for Unvar, they may have more trouble with Findaluin than they think.
Old 12-25-2000, 07:54 PM   #15
Xivigg

If i play i'll use my elven high lady

you'll learn more if i chose to join
Old 12-27-2000, 06:18 AM   #16
Lief Erikson

Oops. I was just rereading the posts, and I saw that Fingaluin was a man. I've always been thinking of him as an elf. I apologize for my mistake.
Old 12-28-2000, 05:58 AM   #17
Lief Erikson

Elbreth, you're being Dania, so I believe it's your call to proceed. Unvar is waiting.
Old 12-29-2000, 06:27 AM   #18
Sauganast

Findaluin is a half-elven actually.
Old 12-30-2000, 05:44 AM   #19
Elbreth of Carhouth

Sorry, haven't been around. Will you guys be able to continue without me for a while after this? I'm leaving tomorrow for my relative's and I'll be gone for awhile.
Some of you know me well enough, I think, to write a bit for Dania.
Old 01-02-2001, 03:12 AM   #20
Xivigg

ok my char is on her way

if it continue well she might reach you