Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-29-2001, 03:34 AM   #21
Lief Erikson

Re: A World of Danger: Characters

Thanks.

I'm now just waiting to hear from Mathron's characters. I'm still functioning.
Old 06-29-2001, 03:20 PM   #22
Mathron

My apologies, I was having surgery. Shall be responding now!
Old 06-29-2001, 08:31 PM   #23
Darth Tater

Are you all right?
Old 06-30-2001, 02:50 AM   #24
Mathron

Yeah, twas only getting some moles removed. Though I did get to walk around with a massive pad of gauze on my head, and tell people it was from a gunshot wound. :P
Old 07-01-2001, 09:07 PM   #25
The Black Lieutenant

Name: Angar Eidol
Race: Dark Elf (Avari)
Description: 5' 6" tall, grey eyes, black hair, very pale. Lean and muscular physique. Dresses in black, but his black cloak is lined in dark grey. It is also reversible.
History: A descendant of those who refused the summoning to Valinor, Angar Eidol is the last of a colony of Moriquendi who, living up to their name, shunned the light in favour of the darkness, and so chose to live underground. There they escaped Melkor's notice for many years before he finally discovered and destroyed or captured them before the beginning of the First Age. Angar had not been there when it happened, having been the first of his people to leave their subterranean realm since its creation. He has since wandered the world, an outcast, but ever an enemy to Morgoth and his servants. Angar's native tongue, from which his name is derived, is no longer spoken in Middle Earth. It is related to the Sindarin tongue, which he also speaks in addition to the Common Speech.
Personality: Angar is a loner, mysterious and aloof. He is savage and bloodthirsty in battle, and cares little for the ways of other Elves.
Skills: He has exceptionally good hearing, even for an Elf, and is skilled in climbing and blindfighting. He can also speak the languages of most nocturnal creatures and request their aid. He is an excellent swordsman and also good with the long bow.

Name: Aldea
Race: She-Wolf
Description: She is a mid-sized albino wolf.
History: Like Angar, Aldea is an outcast, abandoned by the pack she was born into because of her colour, which makes her easy to see from afar (except in winter), and because of the sensitivity of her eyes to bright sunlight. Angar discovered her in his travels and raised her from a pup, and she has been his faithful companion ever since.
Personality: Fiercely loyal to Angar, extremely wary of other Elves and especially of humans. Angar has taught her to hate orcs above all other creatures.
Skills: She possesses the skills of any normal wolf, but she is of above average intelligence, and is able to communicate with Angar.
Old 07-07-2001, 02:19 AM   #26
Xivigg

The war of the immortals

Ar'kiel and Zao-Loaot

two vampire fighting one another to get the attention of the higher evil in the world (Morgoth)

they don't fight physicaly and most likely other characters won't met them. (not their physical form anyway)

they use pawn for their war of strike, block, counter-strike. Treachery being one of their most potent weapon.

In the case of your stories Zao-Loaot side with your eviles guys (subtilely moving string and giving hint to the bad guys when needed) Most likely the character won't even know he's there, only fealing his presence from time to time.
(I include him only to give a reason for the other one to be present)

AR-Kiel

he is loosing prestige because of Zao-Loaot sucess in many opperation.

so he imagine a bold move to destroy most of Zao-Loaot effortwhile boosting his own importance in Morgoth esteem.

He will help a band of heros to root Zao-Loaot minion from the teritories and place his own in place. Or if he can with a short and swiff strike take controle of the region so much the better

He must stay undercover, other must not learn from him.
he will interract with the character through some psychic projection that allow him little interraction with his environement. He will appear and disapear giving them hint or advice. Hint of his presence will be an aura of opression fealing when he'll arrive. His lair must be very hard to find and he is very powerfull. foolish attack on him result in certain death.

That it if you like this subplot feal free to use it if not well it's not a big deal. I'm waiting for your impression before writhing anything else.

bye all

p.s. i can be here only during the week-end
Old 07-27-2001, 07:29 AM   #27
Selwythe

Hi, hope you people can accept me. This is my first time in a Tolkien RPG. Can I post in the RP right after posting this?

Name: Arcon
Race: Human
Description:
Tall. Wears dirty dark green cloak with hood. Dark hair and cold grey eyes. Lips have dark-green tint. Often covers face with the hood and shuffles to his destination.
History:
Born in an hour of calamity, his parents were killed and his village razed by orcs due to the location-betraying action of a villager when he was an infant. He was seized and taken but the orc-party fell into anarchy and he wandered into a forest in close proximity to Edlyn, where he grew up against all odds. But it was too late, his innocence and mind had been tainted partly in blood, and he distrusted strangers. Rumours abound that he is cursed with a dark spell.
Personality:
Clouded. In gossip, he is portrayed as a bloodthirsty mutant but in person, he is known as cold, quiet and suspicious. His alignment is inconsistent.
Skills:
Master of poison and assasination. Stealthy and uses poison darts and poison dagger and if required, wields a long sword forged with steel and enchanted with poison.
Old 07-27-2001, 11:45 AM   #28
Mathron

Sure, he looks good! Feel free to start in - things have slowed a bit down, but should hopefully start up again soon.
Old 08-08-2001, 01:25 PM   #29
Peregrijn

Hey, can i join?

My character:
Name: Irid al'Menie (Irid of the wolves)
Race: Elf
Past: She was the daughter of wandering elves, but when she was born, her parents were attacked and killed by orcs. Luckily they could hide her, and a pack of wolves found her. They raised her (where have we heard that before ). She learned to talk to all animals. When she was (in human years) 5, the wolves told her she would be taken to a man who lived in the woods, so she could have a normal live (more normal then with wolves anyway). This man, Happol, told her a lot of things about live, and learned her a lot of fighting skills. A few years later, she gets out in the open world.

Description: Hansom girl, blond hair and blue eyes like ice.
normal length, very elegant in whatever she does.

Skills: magic healing, she talks to animals, fights with almost any weapon.

Personality: very strong. She knows what she wants and almost every time gets it too.

*i saw an opening where i can jump in, i'm gonna join now.*
Old 08-08-2001, 01:43 PM   #30
Lief Erikson

Sure, we've got all sorts of weird creatures. We did when those people were posting here, anyway. At least yours is human!

Things might be rather slow going for a bit, though. I'm on pause for the time being to wait out the conclusion of a debate that's being held. I think it's drawing to a fairly satisfactory decision, but we haven't recieved the okay from all who are involved, so I'm holding my posts in for the time being.
Old 08-09-2001, 08:32 AM   #31
Irid alMenie

i changed my name on EZ boards, but i'm the one who was called Peregrijn before.
Old 08-13-2001, 11:19 AM   #32
Erewe
Enting

Strider

Hey. I’m gonna join in, but I’m waiting until you guys are near to finding Grim Wolf. You’ll find out why as you read my characters story.

Name: Erewë
Race: Half-Elven
Sex: Male
H/W: 5’11/185
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazil
History: He knows nothing of his own parents. He was raised by a hermit who lived deep in the woods who would teach him Middle-Earth history, but not personal history. While he was away hunting, Grim Wolf and his gang, passing by the cabin, ransacked it and killed Erewë’s guardian. When Erewë returned, after burying his “father”, he geared up and prepared to track down and kill Grim Wolf (though he does not know him by that name)
Personality: Well educated (which is odd, considering how he was raised), Erewë was very nice, but the recent murder of his “father” has brought out the worst in him. A bit skeptical of other people, he none the less is a good friend to have.
Skills: Being raised on whatever he or his “father” could catch, Erewë is an exceptional tracker, and very good with the bow. He only has limited sword practice, but it is something that can be developed. He carries his “fathers” Bow and a sword that was originally just decoration on the fire place.

--Erewë

"Hey! Look! There he goes! Oh, it's just a crumby Balrog" --Crow T Robot

"I'll just see if Bombadil has a place to crash" --Pearl Forrester

"Put a sock in it, Legolas" --Mike Nelson

"Hey Gollum. Whats up man?" --Tom Servo
Erewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 07:30 PM   #33
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

im new hear can i pleassssssss join in?

if I can than id like to be a

Elf

Name:tessar twelveblade

skilles: carismatic but a bit imature and dosent always stop to think things thrugh (no weght! that sounds to mutch like me! AAAAAAAAA!),knows a lot about healing ,has a dagger but thats all for blades but ok with a staff good shot with bow, has some magic power like fire arows and water arows , is extremly agile and flexibul, sort of strong but not very (hes only 12 you know), loves star gazing
and is a good singer. ok im done now

history: was traviling with parents who were both magishan elfs but we were ambushed during the night and my parents were killed i got away.

Last edited by Tessar : 09-01-2001 at 06:19 AM.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 02:54 AM   #34
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Ok, Neat character. Just a few minor things though.
1: I'd give your characters some weaknesses too, God-posting isn't fun for anyone.
2: I'd say for you character that 900 would come more close. Elves live way longer then humans, so that is a bit more believible. 12 is still a baby for them. Example: my character is about 1458 or something like that, and that is about 17 in human years. You can keep the 12 if you want, but then i'd right with it that it's in human years.

If you have any questions, just ask
Old 09-01-2001, 06:07 AM   #35
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ok better now?

Last edited by Tessar : 09-01-2001 at 06:10 AM.
Old 09-01-2001, 06:16 AM   #36
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Not 12 in Elf years, 12 in Human years.

Oh, and what's your alignment? Are you good or bad?
Old 09-01-2001, 06:18 AM   #37
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I am good good good!
Old 09-01-2001, 06:22 AM   #38
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

ok, this is better
Old 09-01-2001, 10:06 AM   #39
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

Hehe, a lot of people growing up in woods, no? Every one here seems a parentless freak
Selwythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 02:25 PM   #40
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Oh, so I'm a freak now, am I