Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-21-2001, 04:41 PM   #1
Mathron

A World of Danger: Characters

Here is where we can post characters for the World of Danger RPG. I guess I'll start. Tal'niel is the character I will be using within the group, and I will probably have some miscellaneous ones as I run the plot. Dain is a companion of Tal'niel's, but I have left him relatively undeveloped, so anyone can feel free to use him and develop or change him further. I figure we shall probably be started with most characters seperate, within the woods or the village of Edlyn, but should probably work to become a party fairly quickly.

Tal'niel:
Race: Elf
Age: Young, for an elf, only in the middle of his second century.
Description: Tall (around 5'11"), with dark hair and brown eyes. Very slim build, but honed muscles upon it.
History:
Born in a Sindar village that had remained after the downfall of Doriath. His village was attacked in an orc raid, and while he and a few others escaped, many were killed. Many others, including his sister, the only one left of his family, were captured by the orcs, and have since been carried towards Angbang to be enslaved, or worse. He seeks to rescue them, or failing that, to avenge them. He recently tracked down the orc who had led the raid, and murdered him in the night, before continuing onward. He has just arrived in Edlyn to meet up with Gain, a dwarf he is working with.
Personality:
The raid left him very different from most elves. He has become almost obsessed with saving his sister, and has a dark and bitter side that manifests often. While still an elf at heart, he spends more time training with weapons and hunting than he does singing or dancing.
Skills:
Very skilled with bow and decent with the sword. Excellent tracker, and exceptional at stealth, though primarily in the woods.

Dain:
Race: Dwarf
Description: Short, with a large bushy black beard and piercing black eyes. A large nose and broad grin. Has numerous scars along his right arm.
History:
Tal knows little about Dain, save that the dwarf helped him slay some orcs many years back. The dwarf has since helped him in his quest, but Dain's reasons and goals are unknown to the elf.
Personality:
He has a boisterous laugh, usually aided by ale. Despite a relatively grim outlook on life, he manages to make the best of things, and treat everything like a joke. Hates orcs and all their kind.
Skills:
Hearty fighter, skilled with a massive sword he wields. Good at ferreting out information from people.
Old 06-22-2001, 02:41 AM   #2
Al bast cus

Re: A World of Danger: Characters

Albastcus
Race: Feline
Description:
Is a cat... Tanny coloured 'fur'. Walks upright, slender and quick. Medium length brown hair. About 5'9 standing.
History:
To put it in a cats meow, she was born in a small village in a jungle overseas. A magician came along and enslaved most of her race. The rest ran, she being one of them, for she was but a mere kitten at that age. She grew up remembering little about the jungle, only vague memories. Her guardian died a few years ago, and she has been wandering ever since.
Personality:
A bit on the quiet side, since she has lost all of her family, and her race as far as she knows it. Fierce, but has a dislike for dogs.... Sarcastic at times, she enjoys hissing at times
Skills:
being a cat, she is very nible and fast. She can run 2 legged, or 4 depending on her preference. Sharp claws and teeth prove to be lethal weapons, as well as a dagger she carriers.
Old 06-22-2001, 02:28 PM   #3
Darth Tater

Name: Folstan Mornthrast
Race: Human, but with a streak that suggests orcish decent
Description:
Folstan wears dark brown robes, and walks bent down towards the earth, holding a narled wooden staff to support himself. He seldom looks up at the sky.
History: Folstan's past is mysterious and shrouded, and will not be disclosed at the present time
Personality: Dark, mysterious, always plotting and planning, never saying what he means, never meaning what he says. His true motives are unknown, but he is certainly not one to trust.
Skills: Include slinking around undetected, stabbing people in the back, and getting out of a tight spot by acting pitifull.

PS: I'm bad
Old 06-22-2001, 07:22 PM   #4
Al bast cus

Re

Name: Alenria
Race: Elf
Weapons: Dagger, bow and arrow. Knows a minor magic spell of paralization.
Nature: Chaotic Good
Past: was the first and only daughter to a couple of travelling bards, she grew up among bards and shows, learning a little here and a little there. She learned poetry, legends and myths, But the life of a travelling bard did not please her all that much, so she left.
Description: female elf, her hair is light blonde and eyes are green, her figure is thin and slender
Personaily: All round friendly, a bit guilable, can be misled
Old 06-23-2001, 12:43 AM   #5
Darth Tater

Re: Re

I thought we were sticking to one character per person. Keeps things simpler
Old 06-23-2001, 03:29 AM   #6
Al bast cus

re

that would be fine with me i guess....
Old 06-25-2001, 01:46 AM   #7
maralinga

can i play too

name hushpad (furryballs)
race a hobbit
age 34
history tba
personality manic
skills a good dancer
Old 06-25-2001, 03:17 AM   #8
Lief Erikson

A World of Danger: Characters

You can do more, although if you had no real reason for the extra ones it would be better to limit yourself.
Old 06-25-2001, 03:24 AM   #9
Alenria

I would rather RPG this cahracter though....
Old 06-25-2001, 12:19 PM   #10
Mathron

You can go with more than one character, but it has been a bit odd doing so in the past as it tends to result in a lot of intermingled plots. Still, if you do go with multiple characters, try and limit it to 2. Feel free to join them in at any time!
Old 06-26-2001, 02:41 PM   #11
Elbreth of Carhouth

Yes, I am going to stop it at two characters each. And then only if you must. It seems you have quite a turnout for this one.
I may be joining, but as before I have little time. It might also be advisable to run this game slower so the busy people can keep up.
My character for this, if I do indeed manage to join is as follows.

Name: An' tiar (no other name is given)
Race: appears human, but again not much is known
Abilities: Known for her stealth, a professional thief/smuggler, very little weapons knowledge.
Characteristics: Short (5'4) and fast, black hair to her waist, usually kept back in a braid. Very untrusting of anyone, used to living on her own. 18 years old.
Note: An' tiar isn't necessarily a bad guy...
Old 06-26-2001, 09:25 PM   #12
Lief Erikson

Yes, quite a turnout indeed. I just wonder how many are going to end up posting . . .

All right, I've thought of a fair plot. I'll be joining in. I've got three characters neccessary so far, and there may be more later on. But I doubt I'll ever have many. It's simply not neccessary for this plot.

Character one:

Name: Vardor
Race: Human (Apparently )
Abilities: Magic
Description: He wears a black cloak and cowl (Typical dark bad guy gear).
Weapon: Magic
Occupation: Villain. He works in . . . shall we say . . . research and intelligence operations. He is a servant of Morgoth. Nobody kill him; he survives.
Past: Unkown
Behavior: Cold and controlling

Don't worry that I'll make him too powerful and thereby ruin the game. He is powerful with magic, but he doesn't get in there and do the nitty gritty stuff himself. Well . . . he has been known to on occasion, but that is only on rare occasion. He won't be one of the most used characters, I expect.

Second Character:

Name: Steward
Race: Human (Entirely :lol: )
Abilities: Fortune Telling. He is nimble and has a surprising wiry strength about him for someone of his age. Most old men in RPGs do. Either that or magic. He may have a pinch of that too.
Description: Wears slightly ragged and quite frayed gray robes. Short gray beard and piercing, intelligent eyes.
Weapon: None. He has quick and flexible hands and wrists.
Occupation: Fortune Teller. What he fortells almost always comes to pass.
Behavior: Nice, with a (Hmmmish) sense of humor.
Past: Irrelevant and unknown.

Third Character:

Name: Eshian to some, Fore Dog to others.
Race: Human
Abilities: Unknown
Description: She has blond hair and is quite pretty. Not stunningly beautiful like some characters are, however.
Weapon: None
Behavior: Unknown
Past: She had painful experiences in her past, but what exactly happened is so far unrevealed.
Old 06-27-2001, 02:08 AM   #13
Mathron

Hmm, looks good. Still, try to focus mainly on using one or two, and maybe keep the subplots not overly complex. With so many people likely to be joining in, having too much going on will really get too chaotic.
Old 06-27-2001, 03:16 AM   #14
Lief Erikson

None of my characters are superfluous. But I don't think that I'll end up using many more than the three formentioned.
Old 06-27-2001, 11:45 AM   #15
Roland

Ok. I figure I'll only have one character.
Here he is:

Danlor
Race: Human
Description:
A tall handsome young man. Danlor only takes a little pride in his appearance, but this still shows. He tries to keep clean and well groomed, but despite this only wears simple clothes.
History:
Only Danlor knows where exactly in Middle Earth he came from (read: I haven't worked it out yet). He feels no attachment to his land of origin, and it has been over a decade since he has been there. He lives a nomadic lifestyle as a sword for hire, and is highly skilled with blades of all kinds.
Attitudes/outlook:
Despite his mercenary lifestyle Danlor has a strict moral code, which he will never deviate from. He will fiercely protect the oppressed and the innocent, and this has cost him a lot of work in the past. When dealing with people who he believes to be guilty of harming the innocent, Danlor has a very short temper, and will at times act rashly in a moment of rage. However, these outbursts are rare breaks in a very cool exterior, which Danlor maintains to go with his well-groomed appearance.
Skills:
Danlor is an excellent swordsman, and is also highly skilled with knives of all shapes and sizes. He also has a rudimentary knowledge of the survival skills necessary for traveling long distances on foot.
Old 06-27-2001, 05:27 PM   #16
Darth Tater

Lief, we're supposed to stick to two characters max, it's already getting confusing!
Old 06-27-2001, 08:29 PM   #17
Lief Erikson

Grrr . . . (Chafing at the bit) I CAN'T DO THIS WITH ONLY TWO CHARACTERS!

I'm sorry if I've been confusing. Let me see if I can set it straight. Vardor is Morgoth's intelligence officer. Fore Dog is Vardor's spy, out on a mission. Steward is a man in the village. The other two people: Erenfor and El'nela are memories being brought up by Fore Dog during Fore Dog's sleep. I realize that that post about Erenfor and El'nela was confusing, but it was neccessary to sort something out.
Old 06-28-2001, 09:05 PM   #18
Elbreth of Carhouth

Confuse people in order to sort something out... hmmm... interesting theory. : ) Just kidding.
Memory figures shouldn't come into actual play, they can be refered to though. Please, Lief, keep your characters to those 3, you're already pushing it. You dig it?
Old 06-28-2001, 10:10 PM   #19
Lief Erikson

Actually, I wasn't even intending to do Erenfor and El'nela much. Dreams or memories might arise every now and then, but I won't be using them much. I simply had to use them that one time to explain (Putting emphasis on that last word) something.

Would someone please inform me as to how to use italics in this?
Old 06-29-2001, 01:57 AM   #20
Elbreth of Carhouth

Sure.
You know those square bracket thingies? That's what you use, like this.... [ i ] then your emphasized word.... and then [ /i ] Only with out the spaces.