Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-09-2002, 01:35 AM   #81
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Well I'm sure a game will eventually start back up after this one, so you'll be able to join in on that. And this one is pretty close to being done, so it shouldn't be too long.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:47 PM   #82
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Yes, Lysander, it'll be fun to RPG with you.

By the way, on this next one I don't think I'll be taking such a leading role in what happens. I realize that I have been doing that to a fairly large extent on some of the recent RPGs, and I have less time now for this anyway, (As some of you have probably noticed ) so I'll probably take a secondary character with a smaller, side plot, leaving the main one to others.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 09:16 AM   #83
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

Welcome, Lynsander.

To Lief: I view Grim as a descendant of the houses of Men which betrayed the Eldar at the Nirnaeth. He escaped the clutches of Angband for a short period, helped by Orpholin, and fathered Gorthang (Arcon his adopted name) in some quiet village (Dor-Lomin?), before being recaptured. Gorthang grew up an outcast, rejected by all. He was infatuated with Shelina, but again he was hated. His heart finally grew cold when he was left in the clutches of the orcs by those he loved most.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:27 AM   #84
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

That would make sense, and I'd agree to it, but there's only two problems that need reconciling. One: She was very young while at the village. I mean, she left while she was no older than a teenager. Two: Orpholin probably wouldn't want to introduce her to a fellow as dark and wild as Arcon the instant their reunion is over.

Arcon might have been spying on her after the village incident, or he might simply have gotten a crush on her while she was a child, but those really seem the two main options. She was captured fairly young and tortured brutally, until she was almost brainwashed and cringing to serve her masters in whatever way she could. After she was released he might have grown to like her, but there are no inferences to an earlier connection anywhere in the RPG, so it would make that somewhat strange. And I don't think she'd behave to him the way she did in the forest if that was the case.

So I'm not sure how their relationship could have developed, but I'm fine with it happening, so how? I suppose if you like I could make her have been older while at the village, but that certainly wasn't within my plan. Otherwise she probably would have had the means to escape early, and on her own, instead of having to be rescued by Orpholin in the way I was thinking.
Old 01-12-2002, 03:13 AM   #85
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Hey all! Since the game looks like it is just about wrapped up, could everyone put up a final post or two to wrap up their characters and storylines, and then I'll try and tie it all together in an ending?
Basically I will have it ending with the coming of the Valar and the casting out of Melkor, so you may wish to keep that in mind. It probably won't happen until all have posted, so don't worry about giving reactions and such - just how they finish the story and their own goals.
To sum things up:
Vardor's fortress has just fallen, the slaves freed and enemies remaining presumably left. A few heroes (Irid, Tessar) were wounded, but healing. It is midnight in the game, or just about.
Hope this works for everyone, and no one had any major plot stuff left! (It looked like everyone was just about finished.) I'll probably wait maybe a week, or until all are finished posting, before wrapping it up and closing it.
How's that sound?
Old 01-12-2002, 12:30 PM   #86
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Fine by me. Just so long as you can wrap it up in hopefully one post, making it as long as you like. The grand finale, as it were.

I'm already finished, except for this deal with Arcon which needs sorting out.
Old 01-15-2002, 01:39 PM   #87
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Selwyth, I don't think you can kill Sandor that way. It would be fine, I think, except that this same Sandor is supposed to live for a few hundred years more! He comes into a future RPG called The Great Quest that me and Mathron already played. We've been developing back history for our characters, Malagar, Vardor and Sandor. That's why we shouldn't logically be seeing him die here. At least, Sandor is our wolfman, isn't he, Mathron?
Old 01-15-2002, 03:56 PM   #88
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

I'm done anyway... Consider that message of Flyer given
Old 01-15-2002, 04:06 PM   #89
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Well spotted, Lief.

Selwythe, I really have to ask you to change that post - the part involving Sandor, at least. I've noticed throughout the RPG a habit to try and add in plot developments for other characters - which can be fine, if not too extreme, but some of yours were pushing the line. After all, if someone already has a history for their character planned out, and you change it, that sortof leaves them high and dry. And you should never kill off another player's character - I was able to work in most of your plot twists for Sandor, but I had no intention of letting him die here, so if you could alter it, I would appreciate it.
After all, how would you have felt if, early on, when you were pleading that Arcon was going to return to good, and one of us instead posted that he completely fell to evil, and went off and got killed by the party?
I think the guideline you should try and follow in future RPGs is that it is fine to affect other characters - as long as you do not affect them in a permanent way (so you can wound someone, but not maim or kill them), and to try and avoid altering their past.
Anyway, it has been great having you in this RPG nonetheless, and I simply hope you'll try and follow this suggestion in the future.

Now then, all we have left is Tessar's final post, and I'll wrap it all up and close it.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:39 AM   #90
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

LoL very sorry. It was 3am here when I posted and I got carried away, and actually forgot that Sandor wasn't my character. I really apologise. I have gone back and deleted out that part. Some humongous carelessness on my part, really sorry about that. I am well aware of some of the 'golden rules' of roleplaying and I did overstep the line that time.

Last edited by Selwythe : 01-16-2002 at 09:45 AM.
Selwythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 06:00 PM   #91
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Well, its all done! Hope everyone enjoyed the ending, and enjoyed being or reading in the RPG! Thanks to everyone who contributed, and well done all around!
Old 01-21-2002, 12:43 AM   #92
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Great last post! So, shall we take a week or two's break, or should we prepare the next?
Old 01-21-2002, 04:30 AM   #93
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

I'd be fine with a break, as I am running a bunch of other things online and off, and could use a bit of a breather. Still, whenever people want to try and start things up is fine with me - I'll just be a bit more inactive at first.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:17 PM   #94
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Well I'm sure no one wants ME to start up a new one. lol

but I am really looking fward to the next RPG with you guys.

most of the ones that are going right now arn't very enteresting, to me anyways, I'm not good myself but I always want perfection from everyone else I'm sick.

oh well.

thanks yalls that was fun!
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 02:58 PM   #95
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

When we start the next one, what time period should it be? Or, shall we instead join into one of the most promising of these other RPGs that have recently risen?
Old 01-26-2002, 03:12 PM   #96
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

That may well be best - there are a ton of new RPGs that have started up, while in the past, there was usually no more than one at a time.
Old 01-26-2002, 11:22 PM   #97
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

How do the rest of you feel? Tessar, Irid, Selwyth?

I can go either way, although I think my personal preference is to go with an already active one too.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 01-26-2002 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-27-2002, 06:13 AM   #98
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

I'm not gonna join in another RPG. Maybe some time in the future when i have more time...
Old 01-27-2002, 07:53 PM   #99
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Just me but I would rather join a new one that one of you starts.

thats my pref.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 10:04 PM   #100
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Well, I think it all depends on the number of players interested. Some might have time to keep up on more than one at once, but I think a lot of people already are spread pretty thin.

If it's only me, Mathron, Tessar and potentially Selwyth, I'm not interested in doing one of our own. But if we can get, say, four or five more people than that, than I'd be happy to have us strike out on our own path again. So, everyone agree we should send a new "all read" topic and ask?