Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-06-2001, 09:24 PM   #61
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

(Grunts) Well I still think he'll end up getting done in by Irid.

Anyway, here's how things go from my perspective:

Shelina meets Vardor in the wood and he gives her the Nrake to help in the hunt. They go out, bump into Sandor and then press on some more.

Steward is sitting on a log, Folstan tries to kill him and ends up on the bad end of the deal. Arcon saves Steward from being stuck in the back and then plunges back into the trees. The Nrake and Shelina creep up behind Steward and the Nrake gets his knotted rope ready. Then, he suddenly gets a whiff of Arcon and wangs him instead. Then they both escape, glimpsed by Sandor. Sandor got into a fight with Kur because it was ordered to kill him by Sauron. Then as a natural reaction he ended up not trusting anyone.

The Nrake and Shelina were being hunted by Arcon, who got a bit off track in his hunt and they continued their pursuit of whatever, into the camp, where by last post they remain. Now apparently, by Selwyth's last post, Arcon is still blundering around in the forest but now Sandor has found him.

Everyone sure keeps running into everyone else by chance, don't they?
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 01:42 PM   #62
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

But where is steward that he and i are just sitting there?
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 04:54 AM   #63
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

Irid will get done in by Arcon then

Old 10-08-2001, 12:14 PM   #64
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Anyone still confused? I think what really matters is where everyone is and what they're doing now. Mal is in jail, Sandor's just found Arcon and is worried about being attacked by drakes, Steward is in the camp sitting on a log talking to Tessar, Irid is . . . in the camp or in the woods Arcon hunting? I forget. Erenfor is in the camp too, as is Dain, Angar and Tal. Plus any other members of the company who I haven't mentioned. Ah, Arcon is slinking around in the forest, Shelina and the Nrake were last seen in the camp. I think that's just about everyone.

All clear?
Old 10-08-2001, 03:19 PM   #65
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Sounds good to me.
Old 11-20-2001, 05:23 PM   #66
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Great to have you back, Mouth of Sauron! It's been a while, and it's going to be nice having you back in the action.

You know what, I think all three of us, me, Mathron and you all made a mistake. Our elves are all grim, and weren't elves supposed to be the most light hearted, joyful and wonderful creatures in Middle Earth? I thought they were, anyway. Just something to keep in mind for next adventure, this one it's way too late to make drastic changes like that.

But now about the end of this thing . . . This has turned out a pretty grim tale, I think. Should the grim tale have a joyful, happy ending, or one that fits how it has been so far? Any opinions?

Oh, one more question, I don't remember who's with Shelina, if anyone. Is she with Sandor again, or is she on her own?
Old 11-21-2001, 03:18 AM   #67
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

I believe Shelina was on her own.
As for the ending, I have a somewhat happy ending to conclude it all... but it will not directly relate, and grim things may occur before it. The events in Vardor's lair are mostly up to you.
As for the elves - recall that these are all grey elves, who have never been to the Blessed Isles, so are a bit more somber than their kin. Well, I'm not sure exactly on where Angor is from, but all have dark stories behind them. Tal was a normal happy elf till his village was raided and his sister stolen. I was planning his anger and bitterness to be, as an elf, his distinguishing trait - not expecting two other grim elves.
Old 11-21-2001, 11:33 AM   #68
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Well Mathron,

you paved the way for them

Thank goodness IM not a grim elf angel of death like yalls!

lol sorry I just had to say that.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 12:24 PM   #69
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

I'm not a grim elf either... I'm a weird elf (because i can actually talk to animals), but not grim...
Old 11-22-2001, 10:59 AM   #70
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Although come to think of it, it probably makes more sense that your character be able to talk to elves than for three out of character elves like ours to meet in one place. Radagast could talk to birds, couldn't he? Then it seems plausible to me that an elf could talk to wolves.

Aragorn, sure, I think you can join in. Trouble is, you can't be Aragorn's son. More like Aragorn's ancestor. This takes place during the Silmarillion, you see.
Old 11-22-2001, 12:59 PM   #71
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

Oh, sorry bout that. Haven't read Silmarillion, I'm working on The Two Towers, then Return Of The King, then I'll read The Silmarillion. Okay, Aragorn's ancestor I am then! Just need to know the current setting.

And they carried them to the flatlands
But they died along the way
And they built up with their bare hands
What we still can't do today.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO till the day I die.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 03:19 PM   #72
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Well the current situation is that the main party is approaching a castle held by Vardor, a servant of Melkor (a powerful one). He holds a number of prisoner's captive, and the party seeks to free them (as one is Tal (my character)'s sister.)
So you can, I suppose, join in as another person trying to free slaves, or as one of the slaves themself. Be warned, though, that the adventure is very close to ending... so you may not wish to join in and get only a little RPGing in.
Old 11-30-2001, 12:18 AM   #73
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

I am back. Strangely enough, I too was working on a Shakespeare play (R&J) and getting the house ready for my grandparents, and was too busy.

Shelina was captured by Arcon.

Looking at the thread now, I do not know at all how to slot my character in. And with the RPG ending...sigh, I am signing out.
Old 11-30-2001, 07:08 AM   #74
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

It will be a shame to see you go. If you want to stay, I am sure we can find a way to work you in, in some area. At the least, in any concluding posts, I am sure the eventual fate will be tied up for all.

Meanwhile, I haven't been working on any Shakespeare plays, just having to write papers on them. ~grin~
Old 12-09-2001, 03:38 AM   #75
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Well, friends, I have nothing actually particularly in mind for the defenses of Vardor's castle. So you're basically free to make up your own ideas and conquer them . Just don't introduce the other Nightrider, please.
Old 12-25-2001, 10:55 AM   #76
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

I returned because I was, yawn, bored.

Lief:
I have no concrete plans but Arcon's father is the Grim Wolf (where's he been?), fathered when Grim escaped the clutches of Angband over twenty years ago. Grim was recalled and betrayed the location of the secluded village. Therefore, Orpholin was a friend of Grim in the past, which I guess sheds some light into his mysterious intentions for the trip.

Anything you don't like, I can remove. I prefer to roleplay according to the situation instead of laying down some concrete plans.
Old 12-25-2001, 12:36 PM   #77
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Grim Wolf is basically out of things for now. I have my plans for wrapping his end up when the adventure ends, but he probably won't interact much with the others until then - although, if you wish it, it wouldn't be too unfeasible for him to run into Orpholin and the others wandering in the woods. (As he has simply been wandering as well.)
Old 12-29-2001, 06:05 AM   #78
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

No problem, you can do anything with Grim, even get him killed, though I would think it'd be more fitting for him to come face-to-face with Tal.

I assume the thing chasing him is a drake?
Old 12-29-2001, 03:59 PM   #79
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Sandor is actually being chased by Sauron (who he thought Mal and Sandor were plotting together). Sauron had taken care of Mal, but not Sandor, yet. Suffice to say, it won't be a pleasant experience for Grim Wolf when Sauron catches up to him. It probably won't tie into the rest of the story any more, but will simply wrap up what happened to Grim Wolf.
Old 01-08-2002, 05:11 PM   #80
Lysander
Sapling

Well Played!

Hi,

I'm new here but I've just finished reading your game and I just wanted to say that I enjoyed it very much and think you've all done an excellent job in weaving a compelling tale.

I used to freeform roleplay on a dial-in BBS a few years ago and had a blast, and it's nice to see the tradition carried on.

I realize that this game is coming to a conclusion soon and the introduction of a new character would be awkward, but I would sure like to play with you guys, either in this game or a new one.

Again: well played! keep it going!

--Lysander
Lysander is offline   Reply With Quote