Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-06-2001, 03:04 PM   #21
Lief Erikson

Re: Exit.

El'nela will be being just discussed for a long time, until she is found by the good guys around the end. Then she'll be used about as much as the others, but I don't think that that will be a problem because it's for such a short time. Vardor will be in and out of the picture, but not in very often. He will possibly act through other characters or players. So as you can see, these two characters won't come into play much.

I don't know about toning down one of the main characters, though. All of them have pretty major roles. maybe I could use the mad elf somewhat less, but doing anything of the kind with those three is hard.
Old 08-09-2001, 01:07 AM   #22
The Black Lieutenant

Personally, I think that the mad elf's character is well-defined enough that his having a major part in the story will not be confusing at all. So far we have four very distinctive elf-characters, and the possibility of confusing them is next to nil. Tal and Angar are both dark, sombre characters, but the former has been made so by circumstance and recent events, and the latter by nature and upbringing -- Tal, as the central character, is driven by love for his sister, whereas Angar's chief motive is monetary gain (and perhaps, the desire to do something noble for once in his life). Now Irid has entered the picture, and so we deepen our wolf motif which began with the name of our principle foe, "The Grim Wolf", was furthered by my introduction of an actual wolf into the story, and now is extended by this new elven character who was raised by wolves. The mad elf has had his reason destroyed by his experiences, and because none of us are typical elves, but each different in his or her own way from each other and the rest of the Eldar, the four of us make for an interesting concoction. I am eager to see how it all develops. I think we have a classic in the making here.
Old 08-09-2001, 02:17 PM   #23
Lief Erikson

Thanks for the defense speech for the mad elf. Unfortunately, it's not him that they're having trouble about, it's the number as a whole. I'd thought that I'd made an agreement with Darth Tater, but he keeps changing his mind. It's hard to tell what is certain in this and what isn't. So I'm just going to continue playing for the moment.
Old 08-09-2001, 03:10 PM   #24
Irid alMenie

you do that. It's just not complete without you
Old 08-09-2001, 05:45 PM   #25
Lief Erikson

The only editing I did in the above post is grammar oriented.

Thanks for the support, Irid .
Old 08-09-2001, 06:02 PM   #26
Irid alMenie

always a pleasure
Old 08-09-2001, 06:03 PM   #27
Darth Tater

Ok Lief, I've thought about this a lot, and I think i've got the final deal. I know it may seem unfair to you, but I don't wanna change Elbreth's rules too much.

You may have two major characters, ie they show up in maybe every other post, a little more maybe. One minor character, who hopefully gets left behind when the quest starts, or at least doesn't play a large role. Your villain should be mostly discussed, if you want him to show up briefly in a couple posts it's ok, but don't really make him a character. I know you dont' wanna return El'nela to Mathron, but that you'll just have to do. I'm sorry about this, but remember you could have spared us all this if you had created a story line that followed the rules in the first place
Old 08-10-2001, 02:15 AM   #28
Erewe

Do characters have to be able to fit into the cannon? IE, can my character be half-elven, even though there were only three Elf/Human couples?

--Erewë
Old 08-10-2001, 02:31 AM   #29
Lief Erikson

Sure, go ahead and take a half elven character. Nobody cared when a cat woman wanted to join the game, so I don't see a half elf disrupting anything.
Old 08-19-2001, 05:26 PM   #30
Erewe
Enting

Strider

I just want to let everyone know that someone else should kill Grim Wolf. I'm gonna use Erewë in future RPG's, and if he were the one to kill Grim Wolf, then he'd choose Mortality and move back to the cabin. If he fails, then he'll choose Imortality and continue fighting against Morgoth/Sauron till he dies, which allows me to use him in future RPG's.

--Erewë

"Hey! Look! There he goes! Oh, it's just a crumby Balrog" --Crow T Robot

"I'll just see if Bombadil has a place to crash" --Pearl Forrester

"Put a sock in it, Legolas" --Mike Nelson

"Hey Gollum. Whats up man?" --Tom Servo
Erewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 09:29 AM   #31
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Well, you don't need to worry about that - at the risk of giving away some secrets, I am pretty much planning on Grim Wolf not dying - so I think you will have plenty of reason to choose the path you wish.
Old 08-24-2001, 02:01 PM   #32
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Anyone seen Elbreth?

I thought she was back in the adventure, but she hasn't posted in a bit - and we really can't continue with a bunch of stuff until she does, as this will determine whether or not she is in the group leaving in the morning.
Old 08-26-2001, 08:47 AM   #33
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

Without giving away too much, could you hint on the role of Morgoth. This being after the fall of Doriath, his power would be waxed and I don't see how a small party can go into Angband to kill someone and come out alive (or dead). Just a suggestion here but could we put the fall of Gondolin somewhere in the rpg so that it would fit in more with Middle-Earth history, because the deeds of Beleriand between the fall of Gondolin and the mustering of the Hosts of the West are not documented except for where the exiles of Doriath and Gondolin dwelt. Thus, I suggest this so that the end of the rpg could finish off with the Vanyar and Noldor arriving and end with the destroying of Angband and Morgoth. Grim Wolf need not be killed, for many of Morgoth's creatures escaped.

I propose this because I can't see how future actions can be carried out without disregarding Morgoth.
Selwythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 08:27 AM   #34
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

I was, in fact, planning to have this ending with the arrival of the great army and defeat of Morgoth - as well, I don't intend for the party to actually go into Angband, but to try and track down and free the prisoners before they are delivered. Maybe for some to end up going further, but obviously getting to Angband and sneaking through it would be pretty tricky.
Old 08-27-2001, 12:05 PM   #35
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Nazgul

Let's kill everyone off in the end. (Evil grin) Malagar, Balrogs and dragons reside in Angband. Poking around in there gives ample opportunity for everyone to come to a dismal end.

A TRAGEDY RPG! Woohoo!

I don't think we need end up in Angband, but if it comes to that I'm sure we'll come up with something.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 08-27-2001 at 12:09 PM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 10:13 AM   #36
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

You needn't have the good guys win to have a tragedy There can be people dead on the way, dead and come back.

Wait a minute, the fall of Morgoth and Angband will be a great tragedy, sniff.
Selwythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 04:09 PM   #37
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Hey guys, I am going to be moving into college soon, so might not be online for a few days. Just wanted to let you know, and see how things go without me. Hopefully people will be posting again.
Old 09-01-2001, 02:55 AM   #38
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

yeah, sure, i'll do the best I can
Old 09-01-2001, 03:00 AM   #39
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Naturally. It's all up to you to keep the thing going.

(Just kidding)
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 03:05 AM   #40
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

oh, yeah, real funny