Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-14-2003, 11:56 PM   #1
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Return of the King cast of characters....

I just went on to Internet Movie Database, www.imdb.com, to see a list of characters for Return of the King, and I am not too pleased with what I am seeing! There are some main figures not there, the big characters that I am not seeing include:

Any of the Dúnedain (namely Halbarad), Prince Imrahil from Dol Amroth, Beregond, Elrohir & Elladan....

I can understand some of the lesser people, but to me these people are very important!!!

Anyway, here is a listing of the characters that I found, hopefully this isn't all of them though...

Frodo Baggins
Peregrin 'Pippin' Took
Meriadoc 'Merry' Brandybuck
Samwise 'Sam' Gamgee
Gandalf
Bilbo Baggins
Aragorn
Legolas Greenleaf
Arwen
Saruman
Galadriel
Gimli
Théoden
GrÃ*ma Wormtongue
Éowyn
Éomer
Denethor
Faramir
Elanor Gamgee <---Sean Astin's daughter is playing her
The Dark Lord Sauron
Ghan-buri-Ghan
The Witch King of Angmar
Rosie Cotton
Gollum/Sméagol
The Mouth of Sauron
Gorbag

I mean come on, they have friggin' Gorbag in it, why not Imrahil or Beregond!!! Gorbag? Give me a break! He is meaningless!!!

I am sorry, but Imrahil is really my biggest thing here, he is so very important in my opinion, I mean he is leading things while Denethor is going wako!!! ugh
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 12:30 AM   #2
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Yeah, I could kinda tell that.

Wha...? They forgot Jar-Jaromir!

Wouldn't his daughter be a bit old to play Elanor?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 12:46 AM   #3
ugo
Sapling

(****Spoiler****)

It probably means they'll end the film with Sam's - now pushing a hundred years old - departing to the West near the end of the appendicies. Right after Rosie dies he leaves and Elanor's the last one to see him go. In the book at least.
ugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 12:52 AM   #4
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

But by then she'd be too old to be played by Sean's daughter.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 01:01 AM   #5
ugo
Sapling

How old is she?
Old 01-15-2003, 01:08 AM   #6
ugo
Sapling

I'm noticing a distinct lack of Hobbit characters there. Am i right in thinking the scouring of the shire's being left out???

RRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEE
Old 01-15-2003, 02:36 AM   #7
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by ugo
I'm noticing a distinct lack of Hobbit characters there. Am i right in thinking the scouring of the shire's being left out???

RRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEE
From what i heard they scrapped this because in the books it works just fine but on a movie scale beating up some small time thugs in the shire and fixing stuff is kind of an anticlimax when youve just spent three movies defeating the ultimate evil and seen a new king crowned after generations and destroyed the most powerful item on earth in the nick of time and THEN we are going to end with some thugs taking over the shire and chopping down trees and being beaten up by a a pack of hobbits.......

Ok Im being a devils advocate here because i like this part also but I can kind of see why the movie folk would think um no. Lets hope its just a rumor though.....

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 03:42 AM   #8
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

PJ has confirmed there will be no scouring of the Shire. I have no idea how old Sean's daughter is, but I would guess about 5 - 10. About the right age to play Sam's daughter
at the time when Frodo sets sail.....

Last edited by cassiopeia : 01-15-2003 at 03:43 AM.
cassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 05:26 AM   #9
elendili
Elven Warrior

What is Arwen still doing there?!?!?

WHAT no rangers does this mean they'll leave out the pirate wolloping + paths of the dead bit completely?????
That's the best bit

They're leaving out Imrahil!!!!

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR PJ better not mess up ROTK like he did TT to just make some special effects fest

"Courage my soul, now learn to wield
The weight of thine immortal shield
Place on thy head thy helmet bright
Ballance thy sword against the fight
See where an army strong as fair
With silken banners spreads the air
Now if thy bee'st that thing divine
In this days combat let it shine:
And shew that nature wants an art
To conqeur one resolved heart"
Andrew Marvell
elendili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 05:44 AM   #10
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Nooooo! That sounds like all the best stuff in the book is out of the window then! I really wanted to see Elrond's boys too! They don't even get a mention anywhere! Arwen floats about for hours on end yet the two elven siblings that actually kick ass don't get a look in. Hello PJ- problems here! Mx
Old 01-15-2003, 11:31 AM   #11
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

i've decided i like PJ even less that i did, due to certain 'removals' of decent parts ie. scouring of the Shire and (according to This Thread Cirith Ungol.
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 12:26 PM   #12
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Yeah, sadly they miss the point that four HOBBIT BOYS leave the Shire and four ADULT HOBBITS come home. But I guess they didn't live through two world wars.
Old 01-15-2003, 02:52 PM   #13
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

Yeah im mostly ticked about the lack of roles for Elrond sons!! Whhhyyy!?! Especially b/c it was all filmed at the same time...its not like they wouldnt have the roles cast! Grr....I really hope rotk doesnt suck. I thought it was adorable reading Seans daughter will play Sams tho!
~Celebréiel
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 06:10 PM   #14
Sween
im quite stupid

I would be very surprised if the prince of dol amoth isnt in there him been a key character Him been at one point the second in comand of gondor behind gandalf.

Bogorn is also very important as the one who saves farimir
Old 01-15-2003, 08:37 PM   #15
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
I would be very surprised if the prince of dol amoth isnt in there him been a key character Him been at one point the second in comand of gondor behind gandalf.

Bogorn is also very important as the one who saves farimir
Actually Imrahil is completely in command, as Gandalf asks him to while he is attending to Denethor's madness.

Bogorn? You mean Beregond? lol
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote