Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-11-2004, 04:17 AM   #1
lady_of_kaale
Sapling

Arwen Undomiel

thanx for telling me who the song was by.....i wanted the ringtone...lol....
anyway.....harry mortensen....good idea for boy Estel.\
By the way....which kid did he play in Helms Deep? I still haven't figured that out....
Old 01-11-2004, 05:44 AM   #2
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Naugrim
Actually, it DOES seem to be a bit of a stretch. Other people I've since thought of as Thranduil include Jeremy Irons and Daniel Day-Lewis.
Actually, I was thinking of Jeremy Irons as Saruman. He has such a great voice! (Jeremy Irons did the voice of Scar in the Lion King, among other things.)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:58 AM   #3
Naugrim
Hobbit

From what I've been told, Henry Mortensen was the frightened-looking kid being handed a battle-axe during the scene where the old men and boys were conscripted to fight at Helm's Deep.
Naugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 03:22 PM   #4
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Actually, I was thinking of Jeremy Irons as Saruman. He has such a great voice! (Jeremy Irons did the voice of Scar in the Lion King, among other things.)

wasnt he the uber morlock in time machine
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 01:24 AM   #5
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i have thought of a person for bard but this could be a risk, matthew macounaghey(sp?) they could probably fix him up to look like bard and while he is well known he hasnt been around lately except for reign of fire
I AM CANADIAN

Old 01-12-2004, 01:59 AM   #6
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Actually, I should add that Saruman isn't in the Hobbit, but that's who I would think of if Jeremy Irons was in it. He would be good as Thranduil though, as somebody already suggested.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:15 AM   #7
lady_of_kaale
Sapling

Arwen Undomiel

i dont know about Matthew M (i can't spell his last name) for Bard, but i can't come up with anymore suggestions.
Wait a minute......what about Eric Bana? Hugh Jackman? Who i think would suit the role...really...is Orlando.....too bad he's already in LOTR......does anyone else share this opinion?
Old 01-14-2004, 12:43 AM   #8
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

hugh jackman wouldnt be bad, i cant see eric bana, he looks too weak, another person for gandalf if anything ever happened to ian (hope not) could be the old guy from minority report his name was lamar in the movie and he created the precrime thing,sorry i dont know his name
I AM CANADIAN

Old 01-14-2004, 08:43 AM   #9
lady_of_kaale
Sapling

Arwen Undomiel

i don't know about the Minority Report guy coz i haven't seen the movie but is he good?
I guess i can't really see Eric Bana but he looks a bit tougher in Black Hawk Down. There's a couple of guys in there that could do Bard. i don't know their names though.
Hey, you know the band Powderfinger? Well the front guy from that.....his names Bernard Fanning....he sorta looks the part.....
Old 01-17-2004, 09:22 PM   #10
Thorin II
Elven Warrior

I like the idea of Jeremy Irons as Saruman, but after seeing Christopher Lee, I think he nailed the part.

Of course, it doesn't really matter, since Saruman doesn't appear in The Hobbit...
Old 01-17-2004, 11:17 PM   #11
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by lady_of_kaale
i don't know about the Minority Report guy coz i haven't seen the movie but is he good?
I guess i can't really see Eric Bana but he looks a bit tougher in Black Hawk Down. There's a couple of guys in there that could do Bard. i don't know their names though.
Hey, you know the band Powderfinger? Well the front guy from that.....his names Bernard Fanning....he sorta looks the part.....
here is a pic of the guy
http://cerberus.fantastiek.com/ezima...53-200x200.jpg
I AM CANADIAN

Old 01-18-2004, 10:02 AM   #12
lady_of_kaale
Sapling

Arwen Undomiel

hmmmmmmm.......i dont know......well......maybe if he was done up heaps........maybe........
by the way....anyone heard that song......'Magic Carpet Ride'? it's really old.....like, the '70s......
anyhoo....i doubt that ian mackellen will cark it anytime soon so the minority report guy probably wont end up being gandalf.
well, u never know
Old 01-18-2004, 12:56 PM   #13
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i wouldnt think so eitherbut who knows if even the hobbit is gonna be done
I AM CANADIAN

Old 01-18-2004, 05:46 PM   #14
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Anyone seen the cartoon version lol? What was included in that one? It would give a rough idea of what the movie might go along...

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:16 PM   #15
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i ahd it on my computer for awhile, i dont know who were the voices i just know it was made by rankin/bass
I AM CANADIAN

Old 01-18-2004, 09:43 PM   #16
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

PJ himself should be Bombur.
Other than that I'm drawing a blank.

James Earl Jones is a good idea for Smaug.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:37 AM   #17
lady_of_kaale
Sapling

Arwen Undomiel

Has anyone got the book "Lord of the Rings = Making of the Trilogy" by Brian Sibley? If you do, there's a page where there's three dwarves dressed up and they could all pass as one of the thirteen dwarves in the Hobbit. There's a perfect Thorin there too. It's in the 'Making Faces' section.
Anyhoo.....no one heard of that song? no biggie.

gimli7410 = i wouldnt think so eitherbut who knows if even the hobbit is gonna be done

I think it is gonna be done coz PJ was saying something in an interview like "I'd feel weird if someone else did it. I'm just waiting for the call." i think he'll get rights or something for it.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:54 PM   #18
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

i think anyone that played a character in lotr, should play same character in hobbit

gandalf: Sir Ian McKellen
bilbo: Sir Ian Holm
elrond: Hugo Weaving

you could also show gandalf at white council
so would need cate blanchett for galadriel, and christopher lee for saruman (he should be SIR chrisopher lee by now)

and i could play the voice of smaug
i can do that sneer in the tone that you would expect

EDIT: i think it was nurv that said unknown actors should be given a chance, i'm an unknown actor, ipso facto: i am perfect for the role, i could also play thranduil, any of the dwarves, bard or the master of esgaroth if im not wanted for the voice of smaug

Last edited by Last Child of Ungoliant : 03-09-2004 at 08:03 PM.
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:03 PM   #19
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by lady_of_kaale
Has anyone got the book "Lord of the Rings = Making of the Trilogy" by Brian Sibley? If you do, there's a page where there's three dwarves dressed up and they could all pass as one of the thirteen dwarves in the Hobbit. There's a perfect Thorin there too. It's in the 'Making Faces' section.
Anyhoo.....no one heard of that song? no biggie.

gimli7410 = i wouldnt think so eitherbut who knows if even the hobbit is gonna be done

I think it is gonna be done coz PJ was saying something in an interview like "I'd feel weird if someone else did it. I'm just waiting for the call." i think he'll get rights or something for it.

i ahve that book and i know one of the dwarves was one of the guys who did most of the makeup for almost every major character. i think PJ is gonna do it because really currently has talked about doing it after king kong. that was a bad pic of the minority report guy but if you wathc the movie you would see
I AM CANADIAN

Old 03-10-2004, 02:52 AM   #20
lady_of_kaale
Sapling

Arwen Undomiel

yeah it wasnt a real good picture, but i think he could do it if something did happen. Which it probably won't.
But anyway, what do you think of that dwarf? The one with the white beard? I think he would be great for one of the 13....Thorin perhaps? I dunno...... All i know is that Ian Mackellen should be Gandalf.....ummmmm......I actually think Russel Crowe would be great for Bard (have we spoken about that already?).....you know when he was in Gladiator? He really looked the part then.....