Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2008, 08:27 PM   #39
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt View Post
I like GDT's work, so I have faith that he will make an interesting movie, if not a fully faithful one.

Also, I can't wait to see the cast list. Ideas anyone?
What I've seen of his work, I have faith he'll be able to pull something fun, even if it will cause Tolkien Purists to have heart attacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeehouse View Post
Yeah, I read this interview with him on MTV's website. Can't find the link though..

But the essence was that he really didn't care if a few die-hard people didn't like it because there'd always be those who liked no Tolkien but Tolkien himself.
And he liked PJ's visual of Middle Earth, he'll shoot it in New Zealand (over the course of 4 years), which means the movies are on screen in 2011 and 2012.
And he'd like the first movie to be basically about The Hobbit, with the 2nd movie in the duology being about the events during and between The Hobbit and LOTR, which will include it seemed the forcing out of the Necromancer in Dol Guldur (cool!), etc.
One of the underlying themes would be the move from innocence in the early parts of the Hobbit to the more real-world and violent events that happened right up to LOTR.

He's also a big fan of Smaug and so am I so that's great
He's a big fan of monsters period. Ever see Pan's Labyrinth?

On topic, I really think GdT will be able to pull this off and I will go see them when they are released.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote