Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-08-2002, 08:56 AM   #41
Legolas_BowKing
Banned

I know how how to annoy the admins just speek your mind hey HOBBIT!! They will kick you of for sure. But dont worry mods you ban me for 24 hours but im going to be the one person in the entmoot that everyone knows!!

Last edited by Legolas_BowKing : 02-08-2002 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:11 AM   #42
anduin
Entwife

You will be but a fleeting memory in about 6 months. That is the adverage lifespan of someone that makes no better use of themselves other than troublemaker. If you really wish to be rememberd, contribute something useful.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:41 AM   #43
Legolas_BowKing
Banned

Yes thats the point i do contribute i have read the LotR as much as the next person and i know about it as much as the next person. But i am going to reply with posts that are DIFFERENT to everyone elses boring ****. Not just the same stuff over and over again. There needs to be more negative people in here. Not about LotR just about other stuff dont be so narrow minded. And i hope that the mods will cut me a bit of slack unless i do something really dumb. Which is then fair enough.
Old 02-08-2002, 10:50 AM   #44
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Ah. Right then, Legolas . . . why don't you start a 101 ways to annoy Laurelyn thread? Cause you're doing a mighty good job as it is. Although, you're very good at being annoying . . .

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 02-08-2002, 11:07 AM   #45
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Legolas_bowking.

I dont give a darn how well you know Tolken.

But let me tell you this you need to cool it kiddo before you make us start begging the Admins to kick you off for good. Capish?

You don't seem to reallise that we don't want a big conflict! we are quite happy being borring. cant you understand that?

and also, If I used HALF as much bad language as you have even at 13 my parents still might spank me !!!!

so basicly, if you want conflict GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

I'm not saying that I wouldent love to have you here, but you must be civil.

no, I'm not and admin or a mod but I think I have summed up what most of us feel towards you right now.

thanks, that is how I feel about it.

A few months ago I acted very childish about some things, but I said I was sorry and have tryed for the most part to be more mature, and do you know what? unless I'm very much mistaken most of the people have fogiven me, or at least they put up with me.

I think that if you stop now, apologise to EVERYONE, and tryed to be more companionable, I know that I for one will certanly forgive you and forget. don't know about the others. but I would.
Old 02-08-2002, 04:19 PM   #46
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Quote:
Yes thats the point i do contribute i have read the LotR as much as the next person and i know about it as much as the next person. But i am going to reply with posts that are DIFFERENT to everyone elses boring ****. Not just the same stuff over and over again. There needs to be more negative people in here. Not about LotR just about other stuff dont be so narrow minded. And i hope that the mods will cut me a bit of slack unless i do something really dumb. Which is then fair enough.
For someone who knows Lotr and reads Lotr as much as the next person, you have a odd nack of Forgetting the Main characters names and roles. What Different posts? Oh you mean the semi-literate threads you make about Topics that have been discussed recently in previous threads, not very different is it?
Old 02-08-2002, 04:31 PM   #47
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

WHOA! CBG when did you become a mod?

congrats!
Old 02-08-2002, 05:10 PM   #48
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

I repeat: How does one go about becoming a mod?

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Old 02-08-2002, 05:12 PM   #49
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas_BowKing
And i hope that the mods will cut me a bit of slack unless i do something really dumb. Which is then fair enough.
Well, then it's fair enough now . . . starting an attack on the Mooters and Moderators the way you are, Legolas_BowKing, is really dumb.

Old 02-08-2002, 06:46 PM   #50
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Arwen Undomiel

1. I agree w/ everyone else, Legolas Bowking, you have got to shape up or you WILL get kicked off, I promise. There is hope for you now, like Tessar said, but if your rude, annoying behavior (and excessive cussing) doesn't stop soon, don't expect any mercy from the Admins.

2. Actually Laurelyn, you originally asked how one becomes an Admin., not a Mod. But that's OK, you can ask both questions! I think you have to have been on the board for quite a while to become an Admin., but I don't know about a Mod, I guess the Admins. just pick you.

3. Way to annoy Admins: Call them "it"!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 02-08-2002, 06:52 PM   #51
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Call Bmilder bulder

call Darthtater Tarter

call Anduin anuin

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm... cant think of any others now.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:15 PM   #52
Darth Tater
The man

I find it incredibly odd that the users here seem so sure of what the admins and mods will do. I'd just love to prove you all wrong and make Legolas BowKing an admin

About becoming admins and mods. It doesn't happen by having a lot of posts, we just pick them based on a number of criteria. I think you can safely say though, if you campaign to be an admin/mod or show any signs that you really wanna be one, well, it ain't gonna happen. The people who get promoted are aware of the fact that it's not all fun and games. It's a serious responsibility, and trust me, it can be a real pain in the ass to have to control you folks sometimes.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:27 PM   #53
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Is Vbulettin easier to use than Ezboard ?
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
Old 02-08-2002, 11:24 PM   #54
anduin
Entwife

It is just as easy, once you figure out where everything is.

L_B...I have enough controversy in my life, as do most people, without having to come to this board to find more. Perhaps you would be happier at a board that hasn'tevolved as much.
Old 02-09-2002, 12:05 AM   #55
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Oh please Tater, that would be like making ME Admin.
Old 02-09-2002, 12:14 AM   #56
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

How much does it cost per month? (Vbulletin)
Would it be worth switching?
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
Old 02-09-2002, 09:46 AM   #57
Darth Tater
The man

It's not a monthly payment, just the initial one and then you've gotta pay if you want them to do the upgrades. You just need somewhere to host it. But hey we purchased it it's obviously worth it.
Old 02-09-2002, 11:12 AM   #58
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Allright, Thanks I'll go look at it. Im assuming it's just Vbulletin.com correct me if I'm wrong
Old 02-09-2002, 11:37 AM   #59
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Ah, okay . . . I was just wondering, I don't really want to be a mod, admin, or whatever. Actually, please forgive my ignorance, but is there a difference between 'Admin' and "Mod"?
And it makes sense that we mooters can be hard to keep in check sometimes . . . *coughlegolasbowkingcough*

Old 02-09-2002, 08:15 PM   #60
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Moderators here usually just have powers in their assigned forums. Admins here also have assigned forums that we 'moderate' but that doesn't really matter. There are also full board moderators, or "super moderators." The super moderators are gdl96, and the recent addition of CBG and SGH.
What that means is that they can edit, delete, close, or move any topics or posts all over the board. If a moderator just has power in one particular forum, they can edit, delete, close, and move topics only in that one forum.

Administrators can of course edit, delete, move, and close posts/topics. Admins can also do many, many things that moderators can't. Admins can ban people, change their post count, date of registration, their sig, and basically every other bit of information on a user. We can email you your password if you forget it. Admins can make announcements, moderators can't. Admins can do all sorts of neat things, etc, etc. I think there may be an example of the Admin control panel at Vbulletin.com Its really complicated and theres so much you can do. Moderators can't go into the Admin CP. So in other words, the Admins have more power than the moderators.

Does that help? I hope so.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!