Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-29-2000, 06:04 PM   #1
Darth Tater

A pledge to Entmoot

I've been a jerk lately, especially here at entmoot. When the board first started I was the mean admin, since I felt it was nesecary since anduin and Ben weren't. I realized I was wrong and stopped being mean for a while. Just recently I started enforcing rules that don't really matter and I've just been a jerk about it. I've been under a lot of stress lately, but that's not your faults and I shouldn't take it out on you. I'm gonna stop. Unless someone's braking a rule hurts anyone (minus starting add threads, that hurts the server ) I'm not gonna enforce rules that are unnesecary. I'd especially like to issue a public apology to anduin, who I think I really hurt recently. I'm sorry, and I promise to try my best to do better. From now on I'll be a changed Tater (that sounds funny). Tell me if I'm a jerk, I'll try my best not to be. This place should be fun, and I'll do my best to make sure it is!

Old 07-29-2000, 07:16 PM   #2
Shanamir Duntak

Re: A pledge to Entmoot

Wow... that sure is how everyone should behave.
We'll support you Tater by not breaking rules (Or at least we'll try!)

BTW, I think you admins do a great job.

Old 07-29-2000, 07:33 PM   #3
emilsson

Being an admin is a tough job and I think everyone here at Entmoot do a good job. Also, everyone makes mistake, it´s just human. But to stand up and admit that you are wrong takes courage and therefore Darth Tater, I have even more respect for you now .

Old 07-29-2000, 08:41 PM   #4
noldo

I don't think you've been all that bad... You're from the better part of admins I know... And trust me, I recognize a jerk admin when I see one.

Old 07-29-2000, 08:47 PM   #5
IronParrot

Time for me to offer my obligatory "Whoa, what did I miss?"

Old 07-29-2000, 09:22 PM   #6
Eruve

I was partly serious went I was ranting about never wanting to be an admin... I really wouldn't want to be an admin here or anywhere else, because I'd probably go nuts about enforcing the rules. (Power trip!!) So I'm glad there are people willing to do the job. There's another board I hardly ever post on anymore, because the admin. went on a power trip and banned a bunch of people and keeps making up ridiculous rules. That board is just no fun anymore. The admin would never admit to making a mistake like you have, Tater. I think all the admins here do a good job. Please keep up the good work!

Old 07-29-2000, 10:11 PM   #7
Fat middle

a jerk? you're certainly the opposite of a jerk.

you ninnyhammer

Old 07-29-2000, 10:13 PM   #8
IronParrot

Hey FM, btw, that last post of yours was the 6th reply to this thread, and the 6666th message in GM.

Okay, back on topic.

Old 07-30-2000, 12:18 AM   #9
Bullroarer

RE

Belive me, I have seen MUUUUCH meaner. At the Rollercoaster Tycoon Online America Message Board, They don't allow their Competitors (Rollercoaster Tycoon United Kingdom, Danimation, and several others) to post! No one's allowed to advertise, and you post something off topic, your banned for a month!

Old 07-30-2000, 01:39 AM   #10
Rambunctious Ugnaught

[ent]Huur hum.[/ent]

Old 07-30-2000, 03:47 AM   #11
Niffiwan

So, how many times per day can you reply to a certain topic?

Old 07-30-2000, 03:57 AM   #12
IronParrot

Please... number of posts doesn't constitute spamming... it's based on the total combined content of those posts - the content-to-post ratio...

Old 07-30-2000, 04:31 AM   #13
Niffiwan

So you mean we can't post big, long posts anymore in the Creation Science thread?

Old 07-30-2000, 04:31 AM   #14
Shanamir Duntak

I think that what was said is that number of reply is limited to TWO/day ¸ ONLY in the anything post and the story post. The number of replies in the others thread are not limited as long as you have something to say and don't abuse to make your post-count grow

Old 07-30-2000, 04:33 AM   #15
Niffiwan

A fine example of 2 people being on at the same time...
Nya nya, I was 2 seconds ahead of you.

Old 07-30-2000, 03:26 PM   #16
captain Tarpols

What? Tater you aren't mean!! Maybe alittle boring Anduin being the cool admin and Ben being the serious one Anyone I never brake the rules so I wouldn't really know . Ask Greg and Jae if you are mean

Old 07-30-2000, 03:29 PM   #17
Rambunctious Ugnaught

Eek! Thats the best/most use of in a post

Old 07-30-2000, 05:32 PM   #18
IronParrot

There's a difference between "heavily participating" and "spamming"...

From an admin perspective, I personally don't have a problem with unlim'd posting on the Anything and Story Posts as long as you don't do two in a row (duh) and it's within reason...

Old 07-31-2000, 01:00 AM   #19
Darth Tater

Thanks everyone for your support. The two posts thing was part of my tyranical rampage, ignore just about everything I said friday and saturday (unless it was important, though most of that is in the creation thread)

Old 07-31-2000, 01:10 AM   #20
Shanamir Duntak

Yeeppee no more limits!!!