Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-28-2004, 03:44 PM   #1
azalea
Long lost mooter

I hate watching the movies with...

...no one but myself ! I MUST see it on the big screen one more time before it goes out of our local theater, so I'm going today, but I have no one to go with me. Any of you care to jet over here and go? It starts at 4:20.
This is the second time I'll have seen it alone, and I think the fifth time I've gone to the movies by myself, all of them being LotR movies! I just can't seem to find anyone who lives near me who wants to sit through a 3 1/2 hour movie, no matter how good! Anyway, I just hope it isn't crowded. The other two viewings I've had of RotK were so packed I had to sit way up front.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:00 PM   #2
Anadriewen
Enting

I'll go with you! Just kidding. When i went there wasn't very many ppl there. It was hilarious, as we me and my sis were coming out the the theatres and this kid say "That was a stupid movie, i didn't get it." I almost burst out laughing. If he's that young and wants to watch it, no wonder he didn't get it!
Old 03-06-2004, 10:04 PM   #3
azalea
Long lost mooter

Yeah, it was funny, there was a group of kids down in front that seemed really young to be seeing it. I thought I was going to have a whole half-row to myself when a middle-aged woman sat down at the end. I thought, "How strange, another older woman going by herself to see this, that's pretty unusual." Well, I came to realize that she was the mom of one of those kids, and she obviously wasn't a fan. She kept making these noises at the violent parts, and then made a loud huffing noise during the "endings." I was thinking, "Why didn't you just go see a different movie while they were in here? You know they wouldn't have gotten out before you!" But I had time to stay and watch the credits, which I hadn't the two previous times. That was nice.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:46 PM   #4
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

I hate watching the movies with my cousin! Whenever a character talks he says the same thing they do while they speak. And when there's a battle he always makes fun of Arwen by making up dumb ways of her getting killed during the fight, so you can't enjoy the scene. Then after a while he'll say, "Isn't this kind of boring?" It's ANNOYING!!

Then there's my sister, who never pays attention, so she'll ask dumb questions and when I answer her she always says, "Well sor-ry!"
Old 03-09-2004, 10:41 PM   #5
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Hey Azalea, I actually prefer seeing movies by myself - especially in the case of the LOTR movies, since there's no one there to ask dumb questions.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:22 AM   #6
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally posted by durin's bane
I hate watching the movies with my cousin! Whenever a character talks he says the same thing they do while they speak. And when there's a battle he always makes fun of Arwen by making up dumb ways of her getting killed during the fight, so you can't enjoy the scene. Then after a while he'll say, "Isn't this kind of boring?" It's ANNOYING!!

Then there's my sister, who never pays attention, so she'll ask dumb questions and when I answer her she always says, "Well sor-ry!"
cant say that I dont make up ways for arwen to die while watching the movies myself

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:14 PM   #7
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Hey Azalea, I actually prefer seeing movies by myself - especially in the case of the LOTR movies, since there's no one there to ask dumb questions.
Well, my ideal person would be another mooter who would say absolutely nothing until the end, then we'd go out for coffee and discuss it. I agree question-askers can be annoying, especially on the first viewing, and even worse are people who loudly proclaim how this-and-that are different from the book ("Just wait till the end of the movie to give your comments! I already know that anyway!" )
Old 03-10-2004, 05:14 PM   #8
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Nehheh, I don't think a lot of people would want to go and see the movie with me. just had to use the new smiley

When we went to see TTT, my sister demanded that my dad would sit between us because she said I'd go in 'purist mode'.

Besides that I do have the habbit of making little comments like "that's no way to treat a steward." and "oooh, shiny armour...." And I tend to do a lot of head-shaking at the parts that I think were messed up.

For some odd reason my sister said she'd never go see the third one with me in theater. She did though, with dad sitting between us.

But I like watching the DVD's on my own, now I only have to find and figure out how to use the freeze-button....