Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2008, 06:12 AM   #11
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Thank you Varna. I liked your intro as well. How does the quote go again? Was it: "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful cooperation."?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an View Post
How long from Mithlond to Rivendell, do you know? I think there's some sort of travelling time website somewhere...
To judge distances in LLL, I tend to use a combination of the most excellent Middle-earth Atlas and this website. I have no idea as to the accuracy of this, but it sort of seems plausible.

Quote:
I think it's very helpful - that way, we don't make mistakes of wrong seasons and such. And also, we're setting out from different places and need to get that right. And if we use English, it's a lot easier, anyway.
There's only three of us, so it wouldn't be that hard to keep track of time and space. But as you wish.

Quote:
Hmm, I see you used a brother and sister combo - I was thinking of resurrecting Alagos' sister (although with a new name), but I don't know if 2 bro-sis combos would be too much ... I'll have to think a bit more. I definitely want at least 1 female, though. Maybe I'll invent someone in Rivendell ...
I don't think a second brother-sister tandem will be detrimental. Elves strike me as the type to travel with friends and relatives when possible. We will no doubt be playing them differently anyway. But I would put my tentative vote out for a woman from Rivendell, (she could still be a sister of one of your two Elves) that way Varna has someone to interact with until the Mithlond quartet comes along. Speaking of which, I suppose the four would travel together if they found out more people are looking for an inland trip? Shall we do a meeting between one or both of your Elves and Hallindel, since she's looking for travel companions?

Quote:
*refuses to not get her hopes up*
Aww, now don't do that. You'll only be disappointed. There's a reason I took only secondary characters in the Rhudaur game, I don't have the necessary inspiration to keep up a primary character with frequent long posts. Heck, I take over 4 years to properly finish a short story!