Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 04:03 PM   #1
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Permanant Temporary Venting Thread

Since none of us can survive w/o a vent here and there, here's a temporary thread to let off steam until our beloved Venting II thread is restored

I'll start off - darn brand-new printer isn't working!! and now I'll have to be on eternal hold, listening to boring music, to get to a tech rep to get it fixed!!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 05-01-2003 at 01:18 AM.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:50 AM   #2
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
I never thought this would happen so quickly but early Sunday morning my father passed away due to a massive heart attack. I don't really know what to say or what to feel yet.

And yesterday I had a huge row with my sister. One should think that in times like these family should stick together but my sister is special since she thinks I'm no good (or gives the impression of thinking so) when she uses that Authoritative Voice of hers which drives me up the wall (speaking to me like I was one of her children. She has done so consistantly during their visits.) A smouldering animosity was risking to erupt into pure and utter hatred if I hadn't gone home to my apartment to get back som of emotional equilibrium.

I decided yesterday not to go back until Tuesday next week (the day before the funeral) so that I won't have to see her until then. And if she decides to stay any longer I'm staying put in my apartment until she has gone back to Australia.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:08 AM   #3
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
I never thought this would happen so quickly but early Sunday morning my father passed away due to a massive heart attack. I don't really know what to say or what to feel yet.
GW, I'm very sorry for you Receive a bit Moothug from Spain.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:22 AM   #4
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat middle
GW, I'm very sorry for you Receive a bit Moothug from Spain.
Thank you ever so much.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:13 AM   #5
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

A big moothug from Australia too, Grey Wolf.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:41 AM   #6
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiopeia
Hey, where's your patriotism? Hewitt's a great player, and though he can get a little excited on the court, I think it's great. I hope he wins on Sunday night. Thorpe's ad is annoying, though I find Grant Hackett's worse. Ugh.
C'mon!
"tell them the taste is phat, as in ph phat" "ive tried that" what sort of negligent mum would say the word phat
Talking about ****ed up ads, have either you or lin seen that Sam Kekovich lamb ad, where he craps on for about 5 minutes about hippy's and being unaustralian, what a loser
Wheres my patriotism? i know nearly all the words to True Blue thankyou very much
now my venty vent: well apart from Sam Kekovich, Thorpey and Hewitt, im angry because me and some mates drove down to melb today, spent about an hour and a half looking for a park because the person that was driving wouldnt pull into an undercover parking thing because there too expensive (i said i would pay) and so we finally found a 2 hour park and we were very rushed so i forgot to get a lot of things i wanted. I ended up getting the Soulmates never die dvd and Ed Wood. And spent the rest of the time trying to find somewhere that had an Antichrist vinyl. well we tried HMV and they didnt have it in, so we decided to go to Sanity well needless to say i spent most of my day in a car looking for parks, or looking for ****ing Sanity.
And i didnt have time to go to Chocolate Buddha for lunch
Old 02-01-2005, 09:50 AM   #7
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

http://www.cartoday.com/cgi-bin/ulti...;f=13;t=209949
Old 02-01-2005, 09:50 AM   #8
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I like the Sam Kekovich ad. I think it's funny. And I used to be a vegetarian.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:20 AM   #9
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

message deleted

Last edited by Valandil : 02-02-2005 at 11:58 AM. Reason: inappropriate content
Old 02-01-2005, 12:08 PM   #10
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiopeia
A big moothug from Australia too, Grey Wolf.
and from the UK
Old 02-01-2005, 12:26 PM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
I know how that is Grey_Wolf. My mother died of a castrophic heart attack - but it was completely unexpected. It'll take time to recover.

I'll throw in a Moothug from NJ.
Quote:
And yesterday I had a huge row with my sister. One should think that in times like these family should stick together but my sister is special since she thinks I'm no good (or gives the impression of thinking so) when she uses that Authoritative Voice of hers which drives me up the wall (speaking to me like I was one of her children. She has done so consistantly during their visits.) A smouldering animosity was risking to erupt into pure and utter hatred if I hadn't gone home to my apartment to get back som of emotional equilibrium.

I decided yesterday not to go back until Tuesday next week (the day before the funeral) so that I won't have to see her until then. And if she decides to stay any longer I'm staying put in my apartment until she has gone back to Australia.
I have a brother like that. It seems like no one in my family really wants to talk to him. He has this really bad attitude where he thinks he's better than anyone else. At last has to do with the fact that he used to be great at sports growing up - so everyone loved him and he was always the "star". Well - now he can't even hold a job - but he stil has the attitude.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 02-01-2005, 12:35 PM   #12
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Quote:
Sympathy and hugs from NY, Wolf. Take care.

Quote:
I have a sister like that, to remain friends with her, I had to lower my expectations concerning her attitude and behavior...somehow, it helps me see the big picture concerning her while keeping the goal of "loving her regardless" manageable.

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
Old 02-01-2005, 12:35 PM   #13
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
My deepest sympathies Grey_Wolf.

Moothug from Ohio.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 02-01-2005, 12:40 PM   #14
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

That's terrible Gray_Wolf . *Moot hug* I hope you'll begin to feel better soon, although as JD said I know it'll take some time.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:44 PM   #15
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

I'm sorry to hear it too Grey Wolf.

Oddly enough, the passing of the older generation often seems to bring out strife in younger family members - just when we would think we all need to pull together. Try not to take it too hard - how your sister is treating you. I commend you for refraining from saying something really harsh... because those kinds of things that people say at these kinds of times are often remembered distinctly by the ones they're said to - and are disproportionately given more weight than anything else said at that time or other times.

Try to continue to be at your best. When you cannot say anything kind to your sister - say only nothing. Meanwhile, try to be a support to other family members, as much as you are able.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 02-01-2005, 05:33 PM   #16
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

I'm sorry to hear so, GW. It can't be easy, espacialy with your sister.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:52 PM   #17
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

That is terrible... can't imagine my life without my father. Really sorry to hear about it, GW. My sympathies...
Old 02-01-2005, 06:16 PM   #18
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Jag beklagar, Grey_Wolf.. Ge dej själv tid och slut inte in dej i dej själv..

*hugs from Finland*

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 02-01-2005, 06:20 PM   #19
Embladyne
Honourary Elitist Inklette

Grey Wolf, I'm truly sorry. I hope you can have enough space away from your sister to deal with this in your own way.

My DA page
Old 02-01-2005, 06:25 PM   #20
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

I'm sorry, GW.

Hugs from Mass. also.

Neil Gaiman
Closed Thread