Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-27-2000, 08:17 AM   #1
War MHael

i have few things to say on the matter of episode

worst movie ever from george lucas. too kid oreintated. i feel like killing jar jar binks, and anikan was a @#%$ty actor. (though i cant do better.) this movie was not worth the ink off the ticket i waited for 2 hours to get.
Old 07-27-2000, 12:15 PM   #2
anduin

Re: i have few things to say on the matter of episode

You share the opinion of many people.

Welcome to Entmoot. I notice that you are from Canada. You will find that there are many of your countrymen and women here at the Moot also. Enjoy your stay.
Old 07-30-2000, 08:20 PM   #3
Grand Admiral Reese

Calm down. Sure TPM isn't perfect, but is it truly any worse than ANH? I don't think so. Remember, Episode 1 is just the opening act in a series that will go quickly from good to evil. It is before the "Dark Times" of the Empire, during the last days(although no one knew it) of the Republic. That was a time of great wealth and prosperity.

Jar Jar was an annoyance, but he is probably intended to go from the bumbling fool to being a more mature general.

What was wrong with Jake Lloyd's performance as Anakin? That he wasn't the evil Dark Lord of the Sith that he would become? He did a good job playing a character that at first seems good, but will eventually fall to darkness. So he doesn't seem like Vader, but he's just a nine year old kid. And he acts like one(so he blew up a battleship, but that was an accident).
Old 08-02-2000, 02:04 AM   #4
cee2lee2

Episode 1 wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, and I certainly wasn't blown away like I was the first time I saw Star Wars, but I was entertained. JarJar was more amusing than annoying. All in all, I enjoyed the movie and am looking forward to the next.
Old 08-02-2000, 03:14 AM   #5
Niffiwan

I share Cee2Lee2's view. Although I found that when I watched it the second time on the big screen, I had more respect for it than I did the first time. I guess I, as everybody else, expected too much of it. Then again, I got more than I expected the first time I saw it because the critics made it sound like a 1-star movie.
Some people might think that they'd give it that, but would you really? Maybe according to some of your expectations, but compared to other (non-star wars) movies, would you rate it as 1-star?
Old 08-02-2000, 04:54 AM   #6
dogtrot

I'm just a cranky old man who has seen all 4 of the star wars movies on the big screen.I liked them all but this last one the least. If that Jar Jar thing is in the next one I'm not going to spend the money.
Old 08-02-2000, 01:05 PM   #7
Film Hobbit

Well dog I guess you won't be seeing Episode II. Jar Jar is confirmed to be in it.... Lucas has gone mad with power and won't listen to anyone!
Old 08-02-2000, 02:45 PM   #8
Niffiwan

Maybe, as said before, he's supposed to go from a bumbling fool to a serious general.
I'm still seeing Episode II, for one.
Old 08-02-2000, 03:15 PM   #9
Film Hobbit

I'm seeing it no matter what as well but....

even if Jar Jar is going to go from a bumbling fool to a serious General... in order for him to be even tolerable he'd have to undergo such a massive personality change that they might as well just use another character. I sincerely doubt Lucas is going to change him enough to make a difference. He needs to be taken out. If you want comedy relief, that is what C3PO and R2D2 are for.

Lucas either needs to quit drinking or drink more... I'm not sure which.
Old 08-03-2000, 04:24 AM   #10
dogtrot

well said film hobbit.