Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Implied Sexy

I just rewatched "The Last of the Mohicans", and DDLewis is so passionate! I just love that movie. The scene where he kisses Cora is really intense, without showing much at all. Reminded me of Hitchcock (I think?) who said that implying things is much more intense than showing them. Made me think: what other scenes are sexy without actually showing much? I nominate the kissing scene in Last of the Mohicans. Also, I love the little bit when they're in the forest, hiding from the other Indians, and Cora reveals that she really likes America, and when she turns away, Nathaniel gives her the once-over evaluation look

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

It helps that Daniel Day Lewis is really hot.

But I know what you mean. I was watching "The Perils of Pauline", a movie from 1947, and the characters who are in love kiss about three times in the whole movie. But you can really tell that the sparks are flying.

The sexiest thing is to leave it up to the audience's imagination.

Take the opposite scenario. Now, this type of scene can be done right and be very sexy, but in The Matrix Reloaded the sex scene between Neo and Trinity isn't sexy at all, even though you get to see a lot. (This may be more due to Keanau Reeves's limitations as an actor though.)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:25 AM   #3
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel View Post
It helps that Daniel Day Lewis is really hot.
Well, true ...

Quote:
The sexiest thing is to leave it up to the audience's imagination.
You can do so much with so little - a look, a sound, a motion ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 11-09-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Damn it... I know I have some of these moments.... lemme think! I will post again! I always like implied sexy more... lol

And I concur, Nurv, that scene in the second Matrix *shudders* Ew... that was just laughable!

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Empress_Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
Mari
Elf Lady

I watched a film the other day in which the two main characters were about to kiss eachother several times and each time it just didn't happen.
By the end of the film I was almost yelling at them to knock it off with all the silly talking and to just kiss already. In the end they NEVER kissed!!! >_<
I feel the frustration coming right back...

Implied sexy... P&P and S&S have their moments.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:34 AM   #6
katya
Elven Maiden

I totally agree with you, R*an. In fact, I've heard of at least one study suggesting this. I think maybe it applies somewhat more to women than men, though. Any thoughts, guys?

I can't think of too many scenes off the top of my head, but I really like romances where there's so much build-up and growing desire that by the time they get there it's really exciting, even if they're just embracing. But, I suppose I am more aroused by falling in love stories than sexual stuff. Oh, and also by the "once over" look.

And that scene in the Matrix movie was the one scene where I decided "Ok, this isn't worth watching" and proceeded to fall asleep on the couch until it was over.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #7
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I think I remember my prevalent thought during the entire lenght of the Matrix was: "Darn, Neo wears some awesome cool boots." Somehow those boots really saved my perception of that movie. I still like those boots even today...

There was this scene in, I think Sense and Sensibility (of which I only saw a part) with Alan Rickman and he's reading a book to a young woman (was it Kate Winslet? I think so) who had fallen ill and is still recovering. I wouldn't call it sexy, but man, I was just melting in a puddle... So sweet.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #8
Mari
Elf Lady

Yup. S & S, very much near the end.
You haven't seen the whole of S & S!?!? How about P & P?

You need to watch it ASAP. When do you have time to come over and watch?

Old 11-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #9
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post

There was this scene in, I think Sense and Sensibility (of which I only saw a part) with Alan Rickman and he's reading a book to a young woman (was it Kate Winslet? I think so) who had fallen ill and is still recovering. I wouldn't call it sexy, but man, I was just melting in a puddle... So sweet.
Awww I love that scene!

Actually, I have the whole movie memorized as it's one of my "comfort movies" lol... but yeah... so sweet

And yes, it was Kate Winslet Who I would totally go gay for. Dem fine looking woman!

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 11-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #10
Mari
Elf Lady

Really? Ugh, I prefer Emma Thompson. Though I wouldn't 'go gay' for either

Old 11-09-2008, 04:09 PM   #11
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
You haven't seen the whole of S & S!?!? How about P & P?
Would it be safe to tell you I haven't seen or read anything of Pride and Prejudice either?

Quote:
You need to watch it ASAP. When do you have time to come over and watch?
Somewhere in February? The end of the year is always frightfully busy here.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:49 PM   #12
Mari
Elf Lady

You HAVEN'T seen P & P? Not even the short film!? That's practically blasphemy!
February you say? February it is! *looks determined*

Old 11-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #13
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Really? Ugh, I prefer Emma Thompson. Though I wouldn't 'go gay' for either
Are we going by personalities or looks? And are they the movie personalities or rl ones?

Lol... I stand by Kate Winslet in terms of rl looks and personality... especially as she just seems to get more and more gorgeous as the years go by...

Old 11-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #14
Rían

Quote:
Ooooh, definitely sweet, but I'd call it sexy, too - the whole "I'm holding it in now, but wait 'till you've healed from your pain and we're married and alone!" type of thing ...

I love Alan Rickman in that movie.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #15
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Lmao! Omg... now every time I watch that seen I'm going to imagine him thinking that!

Old 11-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #16
Rían

hee hee!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:10 AM   #17
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress_Flynn View Post
Are we going by personalities or looks? And are they the movie personalities or rl ones?
All of that
I just don't really like Kate Winslet. But then, I hated Titanic.
Emma Thompson however, I like her in all the films I've seen with her.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #18
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Elf Lord

Let the DPR throw some old school implied sexy at you:

It Happened One Night

I can't think of a particular scene but the entire movie is one long tease. The banter and humor are great, too.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:47 PM   #19
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an View Post
I just rewatched "The Last of the Mohicans", and DDLewis is so passionate! I just love that movie. The scene where he kisses Cora is really intense, without showing much at all. Reminded me of Hitchcock (I think?) who said that implying things is much more intense than showing them. Made me think: what other scenes are sexy without actually showing much? I nominate the kissing scene in Last of the Mohicans. Also, I love the little bit when they're in the forest, hiding from the other Indians, and Cora reveals that she really likes America, and when she turns away, Nathaniel gives her the once-over evaluation look
I watched that movie...and it just so happened that it was the third movie I had watched that month that involved a live heart being pulled out of someone's chest. The other two were Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Pirates of the Caribbean 2. I did not plan it that way.

And you are very right Rian, the implied romances are just way more effective. Though I admit, the back cover of Last of the Mohicans does seem to imply more than what actually happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel View Post
Take the opposite scenario. Now, this type of scene can be done right and be very sexy, but in The Matrix Reloaded the sex scene between Neo and Trinity isn't sexy at all, even though you get to see a lot. (This may be more due to Keanau Reeves's limitations as an actor though.)
It was due to more than Keanu Reeves...that whole scene was WHACKED! Heavy rhythmic music, a speech in a beehive, and an orgy? And to make matters worse, I saw that movie in theaters with my older brother and his wife. Awkward? Of course they enjoyed the movie more than I did. I thought it was too much of a zigzag movie, with no cool scenes. They turned it into a soap opera.

Quote:
I think I remember my prevalent thought during the entire lenght of the Matrix was: "Darn, Neo wears some awesome cool boots." Somehow those boots really saved my perception of that movie. I still like those boots even today...
Covetousness. Oh wait, actually it's called 'jealous consumerism' now .

Quote:
Hmm. That's a good scene to use for my Heidi/Ann of Green Gables/Jane Austen parody .

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:06 AM   #20
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Hm.. an interesting thought... I could probably tell you more about books than movies... Like... For instance, in Many Waters by Madeleine L'Engle, there's a point where Noah's son Japheth and his wife are out in the desert and they're kind of sitting and watching the stars, and then the paragraph/scene ends with "And they were one and it was good."

That always gets me. Lemme think of the movies... Huh...

I'm honestly at a loss.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote