Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-06-2008, 06:52 PM   #41
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
while a very good show Heroes can't compare to LOST!
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:59 PM   #42
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

I've never seen LOST, but I think part of it depends on what you're looking for. (LOST also has what, at least a season on Heroes?)
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:21 AM   #43
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

A matter of taste, I'd say. I lost interest in Lost somewhere in the second season, it became annoying fast. So I'll stick with Heroes for now.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #44
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
then you must not have seen the fourth season of LOST leagues better than Heroes ponderous and wandering second season, I'll always remember it as the season that made me hate Hiro and Claire. Go back to LOST and bear the boring second season and the first have of season 3 once you get past that prepared to be hooked on LOST again!
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH

Last edited by b.banner : 06-07-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #45
Earniel

They haven't even begun broadcasting the fourth Lost-season here and won't do so before autumn, I think. But sorry, I'm not going to watch it again, I disliked most of the Lost-characters and I lost patience with all the numerous flash-backs, the intrigues and back-stabbing. Lost is, well... lost on me.

So since they're broadcatsing Heroes now, Heroes it is.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #46
b.banner
Elf Lord

one of the reasons i don't like Heroes is that Sylar always wins eventually, i don't want to watch a serial killer kill my favorite characters, which from the looks of the promos for season 3 is exactly what will happen.

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH

Last edited by b.banner : 06-07-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #47
Earniel

Hey, no spoilers! I'm only half-way season two now. I'm not saying it's a perfect series, but so far I'm enjoying it more than I did while watching Lost.

We'll see how they do season three when I get there, or rather, when they air it on this side of the pond.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #48
b.banner
Elf Lord

sorry i thought you had watched it!

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 07-30-2008, 12:10 PM   #49
b.banner
Elf Lord

from what i have heard and seen from the comic-con Heroes volume 3 will restore it to it's former glory from season 1! Everything i have heard sounds awsome plus there Will be more of my favorite characters Elle, Adam Monroe and Monica!

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 10-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #50
b.banner
Elf Lord

Season 3 so far has been a big improvement from last season!
I'm so glad Adam Monroe is Back, But i want more Monica and Elle!

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 10-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #51
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Yeah its been crazy so far I think its gonna be a good season.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:54 PM   #52
b.banner
Elf Lord

this show is really bad now

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 12-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #53
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Elf Lord

I managed to suffer through season two of Heroes only to be completely turned off within three weeks of the third season. I have trouble watching a show where I dislike so many of the main cast and see so many inconsistencies in their personalities. It's too bad, too, because season one was excellent television.

I may watch season three eventually on Netflix but if I don't find the time, I'm not too worried about it.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #54
D.Sullivan
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.banner View Post
this show is really bad now
I kind of agree. I mean...(Spoilers from ep. 11)
what the heck is going on with Syler? Why won't he just make up his bloody mind? "I'm a good guy! No, wait, I"m bad...really bad! No, wait! I'm a good guy now" and so forth. Now he's supposedly killed his lover, whose powers he's already absorbed anyway? Why? The writers clearly didn't have any idea where they were going with Syler's character, because they're clearly just making it up as they go along. His character arch is less like an arch and more like faint, wiggly line slowly fading away.

Anyway, I wonder if Peter got his powers back too and he just don't know it yet. That would be cool.
As beautifully as it was taken up.

Thoreau.
D.Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #55
Earniel

I'm not finding the third season so bad. (Am on episode 10 now) It took a while to shape up, but now I find it okay.

They still have that problem with over-powering their bad guys and purposefully disabling or limiting the stronger powers of the good characters. That's somewhat annoying.

I quite like the Heroes Unmasked feature the BBC sends out after the show. It's interesting to see how they did certain special effects and so on.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #56
D.Sullivan
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
I'm not finding the third season so bad. (Am on episode 10 now) It took a while to shape up, but now I find it okay.

They still have that problem with over-powering their bad guys and purposefully disabling or limiting the stronger powers of the good characters. That's somewhat annoying.

I quite like the Heroes Unmasked feature the BBC sends out after the show. It's interesting to see how they did certain special effects and so on.
You're right. It's not that bad. I'm enjoying it well enough. I just think they don't have a tight enough story for Syler.

You'll see once you watch ep. 11. Check back in once you watch it and tell me what you think.

Hiro is getting better all the time, though.
As beautifully as it was taken up.

Thoreau.
D.Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #57
b.banner
Elf Lord

yeah Hiro is awsome as always

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH