Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-05-2004, 06:00 PM   #1
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Funny things kids say

My middle son said something really funny the other day, and there's a fair amount of parents on the Moot that hear funny things from their kids all the time, and we were all kids once anyway and said funny things, so I thought I'd start this thread to share funny things that kids say.

I was driving my 2 youngest home from a end-of-season pizza party for their older brother's football team. My husband had bought each of them a little penny prize from the little machine-thingy. My daughter ended up with a little fabric choker-style necklace (it's the type of necklace that goes snugly around your neck, as opposed to hanging down). She put it on and it was a little tight, and she said to her brother, "what if someone puts this on and leaves it on overnight and they grow overnight and get choked?!" He answered, "Yeah, you'd wake up in the morning and find out you're dead!"

Another one by my middle son - in the desert-y part of California, where I live, there are lots of black widow spiders. Now these are fairly poisonous spiders, altho usually not lethal except sometimes to small kids and babies, so I have really drilled them on what the spider looks like and to NOT ever touch it, but to call an adult to squash it. So my two youngest (they tend to run together!) found a black widow spider in a web right by the back door, and they called me, and I dispatched it to spider heaven. The next day, my son found another spider in the web. He called to me, "Mom! You know that black widow you killed yesterday? Well, you forgot her husband!"

The thing about these comments is that they make a lot of sense - that's part of what makes them so funny!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 11-06-2004 at 05:54 PM.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 06:55 AM   #2
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Can't think of any gems from young Samwise, but these are from a friend's two young daughters:

Aged 3: "Has God got a bottom?"

Aged 7: "Do you control your mind or does your mind control you?"

The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 06:58 AM   #3
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

For a minute there Gaffer, I thought your kid's name actually was Samwise!

I don't hang around kids that much... so I got nothin'.

This thread title reminds me of that awful Bill Crosby show (Kids say the darnedest things). *shudder* This is way better than him making fun of kids, I look forward to everyone else's posts! *lurks*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 05:56 PM   #4
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Another Mooter, who shall remain unnamed unless he chooses to come here and 'fess up, told me something funny he said in his younger days -

He was looking at old pictures with his Grandma, and he asked her, "Grandma, when did color come into the world?"

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 07:45 PM   #5
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

A couple of years ago, my family and I were visiting relatives down in Chester, and we went to the zoo for the day. My 7-8 year old cousin (at the time) was with us. Anyway, we were at the Elephants, and two of them decided to mate. My cousin turned around and said quiet loudly "Why is that Elephant giving the other one a piggy back?"
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 08:47 AM   #6
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

*I'm riding my horse down the street and little girl about 5 runs up*
girl: Hi Mary! (my name is not Mary)
me: Hi *decides not to bother clarifying my name*
girl:wow pretty horse! Why is he so tall?
me: answer
girl: oh.... why does he only have one toe?
me: answer
girl: oh...is his tail 100 feet long?
me: no
girl: oh.. *starts to talk on about something else, then suddenly holds up finger that looks bloody* look I hurt my finger!
me: what happened?
girl: I bit it.
me: oh why did you do that?
girl: I wanted to see if it would hurt.
me:

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote