Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 06:15 PM   #81
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Hannah: I do like horses, but... oh, what the heck *rents a pony by the name of Rhea*

OOC: I need to be gone until Monday. Ta!

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!

Last edited by Claenoic : 09-06-2002 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-06-2002, 06:32 PM   #82
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Allie- All right, come on...we don't need to spend all day at "rent a pony." Let's spend half an hour here just in case Gandgirl arrives...okay?

EVERYONE AGREES

Allie- In the meantime, I will pick out MY pony.
*Comes out five minutes later with a small, cute, white pony. English tack, of course.*
Allie- Like her? They call her "Control Freak"

Sarah- What an odd name for a pony. I wonder why they call it that?

Allie- Someone's scary sense of humor, probably.
*Mounts the pony...who does not let Allie even TOUCH the reins. Instead, it prances around wherever IT wants to go. It bucks at the slightest command.*

Allie- This is...scary...someone help me off, I want another pony.

*But somehow, the pony would not let Allie off...it seemed to like the feeling of control...*

Zandalf-Stupid...control freak...of a pony...*TRYING to get Allie off without getting kicked*

Maggie-AH-HA! So THAT'S why she's named control freak!! Cool!

Allie- HELP!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Old 09-06-2002, 07:36 PM   #83
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Tano: HEY! HORSE! *all horses and ponies look round in suprise, and Control Freak stops. She's shocked just long enough for Tano to grab the reins near her mouth* Hop off, Allie. I'd like to show this pony who's the rider and the boss, if you don't mind. *Glares at Freak, who glares right back*

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 09-06-2002, 09:56 PM   #84
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
*Violet sends a telepathic message to the horse,telling her to calm down.horse snorts contempuously.Vilot sighs and climbs back on Lightfall.*

"Zandalf,please remove the brand"
Zandalf:"no."
*Violet silently tells Lightfall to kick and Cheyanne to bite him.They ablige.Zandalf removes brand and tries to singe Cheyanne's tail.She dodges,and leaps onto Lightfalls rump.Lightfall,used to this,doesnt mind.Violet swings Lightfall to the side to avoid Zandalf's curse.*

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 09-06-2002, 11:13 PM   #85
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Acacia: *smiles angelically* Thankyou! I'll pay it back, honest!!!

*She then proceeds to look for a pony, finding none to her liking. However, she does see a beautiful jet black arabian, probably worth a hundred times the amount of money she has, tied up far away*

Acacia: *to manager* Ummmm... whats that horse doing all the way over there?

Manager: She's evil.

Acacia: She looks pretty...

Manager: She's evil

Acacia: She's just sad...

Manager: She's evil.

Acacia: How much is she??

Manager: WHAT?!

Acacia: How. Much. Is. She.

Manager: Just take her! All she does is eat up my money!

Acacia: Cool...

*she buys some nice tack with her unused money and goes to talk to her new horse.*

Acacia: Hello, gorgeous.

Horse: *glares*

Acacia: *glares back* Don't try any of that on me!

Horse: *is intimidated*

Acacia: Thankyou. Now, what shall I call you? Blackie?

Horse: *glares*

Acacia: Jet?

Horse: *snorts*

Acacia: Fussy, aren't we. Alright, how about Wathalion?

Horse: *neighs loudly*

Acacia: Wathalion it is, then. You realise I'm going to have to ride you.

*A voice sounds in her head: do you have to?*

Acacia: What was that?

Voice: That was me.

Acacia: Right... Wathalion?

Voice: Yup. Now, either mount me or get out of my way.

Acacia: Alright... stop being so impatient...

*She mounts Wathalion and rides back to the group, feeling superior. Since she didn't have to pay, she still has money to pay back gemma*

Acacia: I don't actually need the money, you can have it back.

Gemma: Where did you get that beautiful horse?

Acacia: I found her.

Gemma: What?

Acacia: Never mind... so where's Gandgirl?

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Old 09-06-2002, 11:44 PM   #86
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Tano: *glances contemtuously in Violet and Lightfall's direction* Lightfall, why are you taking orders from that mortal?
EG: *whispers* Isn't that what you want Freak to do?
Tano: Quiet. *turns back to Freak* Now. You are obviously not going to turn into a sweetheart overnight, so drop any worries about me trying to make you. *Freak sighs* Good. Now. Can I get on? *Freak glares* Right. Not yet then.
Allie: What about me?
Tano: *reaches into pocket* Here. Take this money and buy a nicer pony. I think I'd rather fight with this one.
Allie: You're crazy, but I'll take it!
Tano: Right. Okay, Freak. Let's wait while the others get ready.
Freak: *rolls eyes*

-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 09-07-2002, 12:02 AM   #87
WiseWizard
Elven Warrior

Location: the darkest region of Mirkwood (and trust me, it's really dark)
ooc: Violet, what the hell do you have against me? And by the way, you can't avoid a curse. It's not like some petty fireball or something. It doesn't have direction! The ignorance of some people......

Zandalf: I think I'll go find myself a horse now....will you be alright without me?

Everyone: Of course!

Zandalf: Well....alright then. But don't do anything stupid while I'm gone!
*Zandalf walks off trying to keep a close eye on the group at all times.....sometimes even keeping two eyes on them *
Violet: Can we leave now?

Tano: But not everyone has a pony yet, and I still need to work on Freak. *Tano galres at Freak who glares back in response*

*Zandalf returns with a large, magnificent, white horse*

Zandalf: Everyone, this is Eairiel. An old friend of mine let me borrow her for a while. Just be careful you don't make me or her mad.

Violet: *suspiciously* Why?

Zandalf: This is one horse which can link with it's master. It's also a horse which has enough wit to cast spells.

*Eairiel stamps her foot and a bramble suddenly appears in Violet's clothing*

Zandalf: HA! I believe she is already sharing my grudge against you as well!

Acacia: So anyways...where's Gandgi...

Zandalf: *interrupting* I believe we should have no more talk of this Gandgirl character. It's quite obvious she isn't coming by now, and I think waiting for someone who will never come is quite a waste of time and energy! Once everyone gets a pony, we shall be off!
------------------------------------------------
"It's been a while since I've been 130." -Aaron Reichgott
You know, the world's full of apathy...but I don't care.
"I would've honked, but I might have hit you." -Janaki
"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have gone to college that year." -Lewis Black
"I have one speed which varies according to my mood." -Kristy Pihl
"When I get a fever, I can hear my mom's voice in my head. But she's alive, not dead, so it's not as exciting." -Anna Crandall
"It doesn't matter what your body type is, as long as you're bloodthirsty." -Rachel Carlson
-------------------------------------------------
"My mind is a whirling miasma." -Jeff E.
"I think earth is the Alabama of the universe and we don't even know it."
"You can't just apologize the laziness of my bunnies away." -Taylor S.B.
I'm a sadistic massochist. I'm always happy.
Old 09-07-2002, 01:12 AM   #88
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

*when Zandalf approaches with Eairiel, Wathalion gallops towards them, which obviously makes untrained Acacia fall off.*

Acacia: *rubbing head* Ow, what was that for?

Tano: *sniggers*

Acacia: Hey, this is only my second time riding!!!

Violet: Wouldn't you be better off with a nice, gentle pony?

Acacia: NO! I can tell that Wathalion and I are going to get on fine...

Wathalion: *inside Acacia's head* Sorry about that... you see, Eairiel and I are sisters.

Acacia: *out loud* I see... do you have the same powers?

Zandalf: *gives her strange looks*

Acacia: Do you mind? I'm trying to have a conversation here! What were you saying, Wathalion?

Wathalion: *still inside head* Of course. We have telepathy, magic, and are far stronger and faster than normal horses. Smarter than you humans too...

Acacia: That's not very nice!

Wathalion: *she's telepathic, get the picture?* Sorry. Don't worry, since you're a nice person I'll try to look after your fragile body.

Acacia: Thanks... I think...

*Meanwhile, he companions have been looking at Acacia oddly because she has apparently been talking to herself.*

Acacia: What? Don't your horses talk to you too?

Company: *give her worried looks*

Acacia: Honestly...

Wathalion: *neighs in agreement*

((OOC: Hehehe... as good a place to find Morauko's steed Wathalion as any, don't you think?))

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Old 09-07-2002, 01:43 AM   #89
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Zandalf: So that leaves Allie and Maggie without ponies.

Maggie: I'm too tall for a pony. I'll have to get a horse. I think I brought enough cash.

(wanders down the rows of ponies and horses while counting her money to see if she has enough for a horse and tack, she does.

Maggieaccosts an attendant) Do you have any horses that do well on long journeys that include dangerous creatures chasing after her while she's being ridden by someone without much experience?

Attendant: Uuh... I think we might have a horse who fits those requiements. (leads Maggie over to a stall containing a medium sized bay horse with a black mane)

Attendant: This ones been around awhile, she's fast when she needs to be but she's not mean and she doesn't spook easily.

Maggie:Perfect, what's her name?

Attendant: She answers to Rosemary. (Maggie hands over the money and the attendant leaves)

Maggie: Alright Rosie, we're going on a quest and I don't want you or me getting eaten by anything so let's not argue with eachother much hmm?

Rosemary: (Neighs in agreement)
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 09-14-2002 at 01:32 AM.
Old 09-07-2002, 09:46 AM   #90
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Sarah:*takes a bite from a chocolate bar* All this trouble for nifty horses and ponies when they all probably will get eaten by the dragon anyway....

*all horses and ponies suddenly go rigid and stare frightened at those who rented them with a startled "WHAT!?" in their eyes*

Maggie: Where did you get that?

Sarah: I read the script. *enjoys seeing all the shocked looks * Naaaah, just kidding..... A dragon is a meat-eater right? I doubt he would say no to a crispy pony-steak.... *thinks again* ...Or a crispy Sarah-steak! AAAAAAH! We're doomed!*starts panicking*

Zandalf: *hits Sarah on the head with staff* Silence, you pesimistic ninnyhammer!

Sarah: *rubs head* Okay, okay, don't have a cow, man. *takes another bite and offers Chocolate a bite of the bar* You know, Chocolate, I'm glad you're just your ordinary average pony.

Chocolate:Tell me about it. *takes a bite from the offered bar*

Sarah:*looks puzzled at Chocolate* Did you just say something?

Chocolate:*silently munches the chocolate and gives Sarah a look like 'get serious!'*

Sarah: Right. It's probably just my imagination...

Chocolate: Absolutely! Do you have any more of that sweet brown stuff?

Sarah: *absentmindly gives Chocolate the remainder of the bar*

OOC: I have definately spent too much time with Gaspode the talking dog.
Old 09-07-2002, 01:37 PM   #91
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Gemma - *brings out polos and starts to eat them, gving one to her black horse, Nightshade* Aww...you're so lovely...

Nightshade - I know.

Gemma- I meant the polos! Is everyone ready now? Do we have a leader to follow? *Nightshade neighs and runs off* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!STOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!! *They disappear and come back a few minutes later.* Okay, i think we sorted that one out, didn't we?

Nightshade - *neighs in reply*

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-07-2002, 04:38 PM   #92
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Freak: *whickers hopefully*
Tano: Oh, all right....*digs in pockets and comes up with a leftover chocolate bar and a tin of Rendez-vouz candy* Which do you want? Well, I want the chocolate, so you're having some fruit candy. *feeds candy to Freak* I don't think this is very good for you.
Freak: *sniggers*
Tano: Did you just snigger?
Freak: *looks blankly innocent*
Tano: I don't suppose you can talk, too....
Freak: *sighs loudly and gives Tano The Look*
Tano: Aha. Right. *pockets leftover candy for bribes later on*

-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 09-07-2002, 09:42 PM   #93
Renille

Allie-*sits dejectedly in a corner, feeling very ponyless.* No horses like me.

Sarah- Aww...it's okay. You could walk!

Allie- No. I couldn't walk. That doesn't work.

Zandalf-Then you'd better find a horse that you like, because we're leaving NOW!

Allie-Oh, okay. *walks over to the barn* Any pony feel like going on a cool adventure? *Promptly all of them turn their backs and start ignoring Allie.*

Allie- Oh no. Please. I need a pony. I NEED YOU! You are important to me! Please!

Anonymous horse- Hmmph...I suppose I could help a pathetic little human. Come here.

Allie- THANK YOU! *The speaking pony was a small grey dappled one. Strangely, it had an English accent.* I promise, I don't weigh that much. I'll feed you oats and chocolate milk every day I possibly can! By the way, what's your name?

Pony- Sir Alfred Gregory Karl Louis the 5th. But all you humans call me the extremely degrading but somewhat endearing title, Alfie.

Allie- Alfie...that's cool! My name's Allie! Just one letter off!

Hannah- Any...particular reason you're talking to a horse in a fake English accent?

Allie-Yes. Meet my new best friend Alfie.

Tano-Okay. Nutcase. Let's go now! Goodbye pony barn!
Old 09-07-2002, 10:52 PM   #94
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
ooc:i can communicate telepathecly w/ animals.sorry Zandalf,staop abusing amimals and ill stop being annoying.

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 09-08-2002, 02:05 AM   #95
WiseWizard
Elven Warrior

Location: the darkest region of Mirkwood (and trust me, it's really dark)
ooc: just remember, Violet, you were the one who started it.
"It's been a while since I've been 130." -Aaron Reichgott
You know, the world's full of apathy...but I don't care.
"I would've honked, but I might have hit you." -Janaki
"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have gone to college that year." -Lewis Black
"I have one speed which varies according to my mood." -Kristy Pihl
"When I get a fever, I can hear my mom's voice in my head. But she's alive, not dead, so it's not as exciting." -Anna Crandall
"It doesn't matter what your body type is, as long as you're bloodthirsty." -Rachel Carlson
"My mind is a whirling miasma." -Jeff E.
"I think earth is the Alabama of the universe and we don't even know it."
"You can't just apologize the laziness of my bunnies away." -Taylor S.B.
I'm a sadistic massochist. I'm always happy.
Old 09-08-2002, 02:35 AM   #96
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

*Acacia mounts Wathalion, ready to depart, when...*

Acacia: Does anyone actually know where we're going?

Allie: I have the map right... here... *notices the missing map* AAAARGH!!!

*everyone searches around for the map, which happens to be still sitting on Hannahs kitchen bench.*

Hannah: Oh god... not ANOTHER night in my house... I don't know how I'd manage to feed you all...

Allie: Well, we cant exactly leave it there...

Maggie: Do you want to get us lost?

Gemma: I expected better of you

Sarah: What kind of a burglar are you?

Zandalf: *rolls eyes* You people don't actually think I'd be stupid enough to give you the real map, do you?

Allie: Don't you trust us?

Zandalf: No.

Allie: Oh... can I see the map?

Zandalf: No.

Allie: Oh

Zandalf: Now, if you people will give me some peace and quiet, I need to figure out how to get there.

*silence*

Zandalf: Thankyou: *lays the map out on the ground and starts to study it*

Old 09-08-2002, 05:15 AM   #97
Earniel

*The TLA settles on a nice little patch off grass, opposite of the Rent-a-pony stables as Zandalf studies the map. The ponies play with each others as young foals and chase butterflies, the horses simply graze and look majestically. And the band of adventurers lies comfortably on the grass, looking at the clouds overhead, chewing some grass stems and mainly having the equivalent of a day off.*

Hannah: Now that I think of it, adventure is not that bad.

Sarah: This is the pretty side of adventure, wait until you get the rain, the cold, the hardship, the occasional rock and a hard place.....

Acacia: *pokes Sarah with her elbow* Shhhhhh! We still need her!

Hannah: R-rain? C-c-old? Hardship? But...but I thought that adventures were worthwhile!

Elizabeth: Yes, yes, they are. They may not always be easy but.. um... there is always a reward afterwards. Yes, that's it.

Sarah: Yeah, like a treasure or the warm and cosy dwelling....

Elizabeth:Exactly!

Sarah: ....of the inside of a dragon's belly.

Elizabeth: No! That's not what I meant!

Sarah: Allright then, how about chocolate at the end of the adventure?

*all fall silent and starts daydreaming about chocolate*
Old 09-08-2002, 12:29 PM   #98
Renille

Allie-*starts humming.* High over the...

Zandalf-Sing that once more and you die.

Allie- Sorry...I keep hearing it over and over again in my head...it's becoming annoying.

Sarah- I think you just restated his point.

Allie- Oh yeah. Okay...I'll stop.

Maggie- Thanks much.

Hannah- I have a great idea...how about, instead of going on the adventure, we stay here peacefully content and happy? Little money needed, enough chocolate, everything is here. We don't need dragon treasure.

All- WHAT? NO WAY!

Hannah- Just an idea...*sits sadly*

Zandalf- It's okay...we'd all like to thank you for coming on the adventure. I'm sure you'll be useful once you're used to the idea.

Hannah- Thanks. *But still looks a bit homesick.*
Old 09-10-2002, 10:51 PM   #99
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Hannah: *Ruffles Rhea's mane* I wish you could talk.

Rhea: All of us can, silly!

Hannah: Yipe! *Jumps into nearest bale of hay*

Rhea: Are you ok?

Hannah: Yeah... but *pant* I was kinda unprepared for that.

Rhea: Precisely. Now, I suggest we all get going. Renting a Rent-a-pony does not take that long. I hope.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 09-11-2002, 07:19 AM   #100
Earniel

Claenoic: *goes over to Zandalf* Um... my pony said we should be going...

WW: I'm not taking orders from a pony! Besides ponies don't speak, they don't have any vocal chords. Every body knows that. And who is the wizard around here? We leave when I say we leave. *rises and folds map* Come on troops! Start packing! We're leaving!

Rhea: *muttering* No vocal chords, no vocal chords, I'll show him a vocal chord. Wait until I get my hoof on him....

Claenoic: Shhhhh, just pretent you can't speak. It'll keep him happy.

Rhea: Hmpf.

*the adventurers start collecting their luggage and start saddling the horses and ponies*

Maggie: Wait! KC has no pony!

*all look at KC*

KC: Um.... do I need one?

WW: *groans* We can't waste another day waiting for her to choose one!

EG: We don't need to. She can ride with one of us. We can take turns.

WW: Good idea. OK troops! Move out!

*Every one mounts her rented transportation. EG helps KC on the back of Touchstone. Tano has a last silent struggle with Control Freak who gives in at the end. Allie goes ahead on Alfie and Zandalf takes up the rear end on Eairiel.*