Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
EllethValatari
Elven Warrior

Riddle Collection?

I am one of the many 'mooters who has been enjoying the riddling thread. Every riddle on there is a beautiful mystery, and it's a shame they're all lost in the many pages of posts. Is there any way to make a collection of these riddles or anything that can preserve them?
"We have come from God, and inevitably the myths woven by us, though they contain error, will also reflect a splintered fragment of the true light, the eternal truth that is with God. Our myths may be misguided, but they steer however shakily towards the true harbour, while materialistic 'progress' leads only to a yawning abyss and the Iron Crown of the power of evil."
— J.R.R. Tolkien
EllethValatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Well, the threads aren't lost - a lot of the time you have to search through the threads to find the gems. For instance, I just wasted about ... 40 minutes trying to understand the background behind that hilarious quote in Tessar's signature by Val: "This thread keeps screaming "Close me!... CLOSE ME!!! Close me before I do more harm!"

I don't know if anyone would want to go through and post all the riddles that have been posed - that could take a LONG, LONG time - however, they might start posting their current riddles with the answers in spoiler tags, so it's easier to find without the answer being given away (once they've been solved in the riddle thread, of course, so there would be no cheaters!).
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote