Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-01-2001, 02:08 AM   #1
Inoldonil

Curious Creative Question

I tried this over on the Middle-earth Online Vault General Board a little while ago, it went rather well. It's kind of a poll. I think it would work well here, here's what I said:

"Of the fourteen Valar; Manwe, Varda, Ulmo, Aule, Yavanna, Orome, Namo (Mandos), Nienna, Vaire, Este, Vana, Irmo (Lorien), Tulkas and Nessa, which would you serve given the choice as a Maia? Which people would you belong to? I'm curious as to what all of your answers would be. You may choose one or two of the Valar, but no more than that. List them from 1st to last, e.g., my list would be:

Yavanna and Nienna
Vaire
Tulkas
Aule
Irmo and Manwe
Este
Namo
Nessa
Varda and Vana
Ulmo and Orome

You can't enter one more than once, and no more than two in one place (you can put Irmo and Manwe together, but not Irmo, Manwe and Aule). You can include Melkor if you'd like, but that may create uneasiness, *fingers his cross* "

On the other board, Nessa and Vana tended to be least favorite, while Aule was unexpectedly almost always high up on the list. ( MEVaultBoard-CCQ )
Old 02-06-2001, 07:59 PM   #2
Inoldonil

Re: Curious Creative Question

No takers?