Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-13-2004, 02:07 AM   #1
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Thorin II
What about your least favorite Elf king? As unpopular as this will make me, I vote for Feanor. He allowed his pride to get in the way of his incredible gifts.
Thingol.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:57 AM   #2
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Thingol.
Hm. I have to agree with you. Though I don't think he was that bad. But worse than rest of the bunch, yes. That is, as Tuor said, if Celegorm and Caranthir had been kings I would vote for them. Probably Celegorm.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:01 PM   #3
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

i'd probably say the celegorm was one of the worst... even his dog turned against him!

in terms of success/failure, though i like the character very much i'd have to say that in some ways fingolfin was one of the worst, since he squandered the opportunity to take out melkor when he had the chance... probably the best and only chance of the elves in the first age
Old 01-14-2004, 07:51 PM   #4
Thorin II
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Thingol.
Thingol certainly had his faults (including pride, like Feanor), but I don't think he caused as much misery as Feanor did. He may have been bull-headed and unreasonable, but he wasn't arrogant enough to refuse the Valar.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:37 AM   #5
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

Turgon because although he was prideful, he did do the sensable thing and kept out of the way of Morgoth.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #6
Tulkas
Hobbit

felagun is definatly the greatest elf-king.
Tulkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:06 AM   #7
NelyafinweMaitimo
Hobbit

Feanor. Notwithstanding that he nearly led the Noldor to ruin in the short time he was King, one can hardly name a King, or an Elf, for that matter, who accomplished more.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:33 AM   #8
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelyafinweMaitimo
Feanor. Notwithstanding that he nearly led the Noldor to ruin in the short time he was King, one can hardly name a King, or an Elf, for that matter, who accomplished more.
Yes!!! Yes, good call. Most definitely Feanor.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote