Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-30-2003, 02:26 PM   #1
Yamagata
Sapling

SPOILERS My theory on the Neville thing

Ok, here's what I think the relevence of the Neville thing is:
I think that Voldemort will discover that Neville could also have had the power to kill him and, realising he could be Harry's equal, turns him into a death eater and Harry will either have to kill him or turn him back somehow.
Just my theory, doesn't mean it'll happen.
I'm still in denail about Sirius by the way.

"Iron Maiden's gonna get ya no matter how far"
Yamagata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:22 PM   #2
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

It could be that Harry's so-called mark isn't the mark, and therefore isn't fulfilling the prophecy - perhaps Neville is the one to take down Voldemort, and Voldemort hasn't marked either as his equal yet? OR perhaps it isn't a physical mark, but a metaphysical one - look at how weak and pathetic Neville is... perhaps Voldemort perceived him as a threat, and marked him, by stealing his powers? (Yep, I know I'm grasping at straws here... but who knows - JK *did* point out Harry's propensity for play the hero.)

Last edited by Sheeana : 06-30-2003 at 04:24 PM.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:47 PM   #3
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

I think that was the only reason he was put into Griffendor (Neville, that is). If the sorting hat could know about the prophecy.

I think that Harry will start to think that Neville was the one who can kill Voldemort, and then Neville will die and then Harry will try and kill him and realize he is the one. (That was really random).
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 12:27 AM   #4
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

I really doubt that. Neville may play some role in the destruction of voldemort, but I highly doubt that Neville will be killed, turned into a deatheater, or made the one. It doesn't make any sense.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 01:12 AM   #5
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

maybe it will take both him and Harry to defeat Voldemort. I agree with HOBBIT, there is no way Neville will be made a death eater, though i think it is a possibility he may get killed.

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 03:25 AM   #6
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Neville's going to deliver the death blow, and Voldy's going to realize that he picked the wrong kid in the first place.

No, really! It's foreshadowed by how in The Philosopher's Stone, it's Neville's extra few points and surge of courage that wins Gryffindor the House Cup...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 09:19 AM   #7
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
It could be that Harry's so-called mark isn't the mark, and therefore isn't fulfilling the prophecy - perhaps Neville is the one to take down Voldemort, and Voldemort hasn't marked either as his equal yet? OR perhaps it isn't a physical mark, but a metaphysical one - look at how weak and pathetic Neville is... perhaps Voldemort perceived him as a threat, and marked him, by stealing his powers? (Yep, I know I'm grasping at straws here... but who knows - JK *did* point out Harry's propensity for play the hero.)
hmmm so you think Dumbledore has stuffed up? because he says that Voldemort has already marked Harry as his equal. Maybe im getting confused because i dont have my book here but wasnt Voldemorts equal supposed to gain his powers with the marking if so then Harry has to be the equal, see i dont see Neville as being affected by the prophecy anymore and whatever he does will only be out of the fire in his belly, hence neville will not become a Death Eater or be the equal... i think that he will become so enraged that he will go after Bellatrix himself and will be caught and used as bait for Harry (sorta bravheart style) then Harry will come, Nevile will die and Harry will save the day

Last edited by Millane : 07-01-2003 at 09:26 AM.
Millane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:18 AM   #8
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
I really doubt that. Neville may play some role in the destruction of voldemort, but I highly doubt that Neville will be killed........
Why not? Sirius was killed off, why can't Neville be?
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:38 AM   #9
sun-star
Lady of Letters

I don't know exactly how, but I'm sure that Harry will need Neville to defeat Voldemort in some way. Neville got much stronger during OoP, and he certainly has a motive to go after Voldemort - that scene with his parents nearly broke my heart
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 01:42 PM   #10
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Rohan
Why not? Sirius was killed off, why can't Neville be?
JKR already said there was going to be more deaths to come so who knows.

on the neville thinig: he would never become a death eater after what happened to his parents, i figure he will try and kill bellatrix lestrange and he will but then voldemort will kill him (unfortunately of course)
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 02:14 PM   #11
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
IJK *did* point out Harry's propensity for play the hero.)
Yeah but if Harry parents hadn't died do you really think he would still love to play hero?
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:14 PM   #12
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

With James as his father -- yes.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:38 AM   #13
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
on the neville thinig: he would never become a death eater after what happened to his parents, i figure he will try and kill bellatrix lestrange and he will but then voldemort will kill him (unfortunately of course)
I agree. I doubt Neville would become a Death Eater..ever. It would be betraying his parents, no?
I also agree with the second part- I think Neville is going to do something to get revenge- whether it will be prepared beforehand or spontaneous, I'm not sure. He certainly has reason enough to do so, and based on what we've seen in OotP, sufficient courage too.
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 11:10 AM   #14
EyeSeeYou
Hobbit

i think neville is going to end up being one of the survivors. and i agree with Linaewen on neville possibly getting revenge against voldemort or a death eater.