Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2001, 11:25 AM   #1
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

The World Trade Center and Pentagon Collapsed due to terrorist attack

Oh my god... This is so horrible.

Quote:
Plane Crashes Into World Trade Center

NEW YORK (AP) - Smoke poured out of a gaping hole in the upper floors of the World Trade Center on Tuesday and there were broadcast reports a plane had struck it.

There was no immediate word on injuries or fatalities in the disaster, which happened shortly before 9 a.m.

``The plane was coming in low and ... it looked like it hit at a slight angle,'' said Sean Murtagh, a CNN vice president, the network reported.

Large holes were visible in two sides of the 110-story building, one of landmark twin towers.
It seems that both of the World Trade Center buildings have now collapsed. There have been several victims around the Financial District of Manhattan. Pentagon has also been hit by a plane causing remarkable damage. These events will surely have a huge impact on the U.S., not to mention the thousands and thousands of human lifes, victims and their families and friends.

Last edited by noldo : 09-11-2001 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-11-2001, 11:29 AM   #2
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

In addition, a car bomb was set off outside the state department. Another explosion was reported in New York an hour after the collapse. The two planes were likely hijacked (at least one of them was.) This is a great catastrophe.
Old 09-11-2001, 03:39 PM   #3
gdl96
the greg the admin

Yeah, I think all four planes were hijacked. Two hit the World Trade center, One hit the Pentagon, and one crashed outside Pittsburg.

Go discuss more at my board. This is the kind of stuff that we talk about at my board. (link in sig)
Old 09-11-2001, 04:12 PM   #4
Ben
Retired Ent

This is awful. I've never heard news spread so fast in school - we all knew by 4th period. At first I couldn't believe it. And I'm in New Jersey, so it's very close - a lot of kids have parents who work (well, worked ) at the World Trade Center... luckily my family was fine, but a lot of people are going to be very unhappy.

They better nuke Osama bin Laden or whoever did it. And for my part, I'm going to try to stay away from planes and NYC..

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Old 09-11-2001, 04:17 PM   #5
gdl96
the greg the admin

My dad is in Las Vegas for business. He's fine, but I don't know when he's gonna be able to come back. My mom works in New York, but thankfully her building was at a safe distance from the World Trade Center. Although she did see it all happen. It's also gonna take a while for her to get home.
Old 09-11-2001, 07:29 PM   #6
Sakata
Elven Warrior

Stay strong,
Pray for the living,
And prepare to avenge the dead...

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!
Old 09-11-2001, 07:41 PM   #7
anduin
Entwife

Unreal.....

We watched it all unfold at work this morning. We kept saying that it was like watching a movie.....it was that unreal. And then as we are watching the video of the crashes over and over then we hear that the Pentegon was hit and that another hijacked plane was heading for DC, we all just sat there dumbfounded wondering what in the hell was going to happen next.
Old 09-11-2001, 08:23 PM   #8
AACHOO
Enting

AMERICA AT WAR

Once you know the face of your enemy destroy him completely
and you will never need fight him again.
America is at WAR.To win a WAR it must be fought in totality.
Expel all Visa jumpers(work,school it matters not) and inform
all ILLEGAL aliens to leave voluntarily or be removed with no guarantees of any sort.All reports of the average population of Middle Eastern countries show them to be rather euphoric in the wake of these cowardly attacks. Currently those in this country from countries known to harbor terrorists are "Behind the Lines",
and stay here at their own risk for any significant length of time.
Safety in the air? We know their face NO Arabs on commercial flights for their safety and ours.Police protection of all mosques to prevent emotional mob violence.
The Middle East has had centuries to clean up their back yard and now they have jumped the fence into our front yard.I believe the stoneage is where they will find themselves shortly.

Osama bin DEAD.And any who stand with him.

America is now awake.The world does indeed need fear us and our wrath.

The world will change in the blink of an eye.It will never be the same again thanks to Terrorists and their fanatic countrymen dancing in Middle Eastern streets.No Quarter will be asked or given until every country hands over those Terrorists within their borders to America to punish.If they do not we should punish all of them.

One bad apple spoils the whole barrel? I see,perhaps a good apple that may well perish with a barrel full of bad ones.I feel for those not directly involved in Terrorism but as I stated they have had more than enough time to clean up their affairs.

"Cry HAVOC! and let slip the Dogs of WAR"

"Our heads will bow in prayer for our fallen countrymen but for nothing else"--Me

America will steer a steady course and ravage our enemies and not stop until they are truly defeated.The full might of this nation now aims at a common goal.Our enemies will fall.

I really don't want to hear "Now you(America) knows what its like"

No other country has been attacked like this.None.Not Ireland,Israel or any other.You do not Know what this is like.
Old 09-11-2001, 08:30 PM   #9
ryan
t2t relic

Today was a fairly intesreting day at school, being on the west coast we all knew what had happened before school started (the school website had attendance for the day as optional). I can't say we felt fine about it, even being on the west coast, considering we're within walking distance of a certain airport. Being a religious school, most of the day was spent squeezing in the activity center watching CNN and having religious discussion and prayer. Many students have family and friends that may or may not have been affected (there seems to be no way to contact them, seeing as cell phones aren't working in that area). Anyways, it seems like every 15 minutes the story changes, first there was a car bomb, then it never happened, and a plane crashed in PA, then it was shot down, etc.. I remember waking up this morning, turning on the TV only to see its broadcasting CBS, and watching the world trade center collapse, live. I offer my condolence and prayer to anyone who affected by the events of today, which include teachers and friends of mine.
into my pockets
my pockets, the pockets
of Ryan, Ryan, he who
will deliver the money
unto me. Then you will
truley be happy."
And the people followed, and all was well." --Ryan 62:33
Old 09-11-2001, 08:51 PM   #10
Finmandos12
Elven Warrior

My aunt's friend was on a hijacked plane and called her husband and said "We've been hijacked." then the phone went dead...........
Old 09-11-2001, 08:54 PM   #11
Darth Tater
The man

Watching these horrific events unfold, hearing reports of plains leaving from Logan, right near where I live, and watching them crash into the World Trade Center, it was so unbelievable, and very sureal. Later on in the day I heard air traffic overhead. Of course all flights had been grounded by then, so you can imagine, I was scared. Well it turned out the government was patrolling the sky over Boston. I hope that this can be resolved soon, my condolances go out to the families who have lost loved ones. I have always been against the death penalty, but I want to see Ben Laden burn.
Old 09-11-2001, 09:34 PM   #12
olorin
Hobbit

It was so horrible to wake up this morning and see the World Trade buildings burning, and then collapsing. All over campus, students were crowding around televisions, and trying to see, in between classes, what was going on. As of right now, it is already the worst terrorist attack in US history; already more firefighters have been thought lost than died in the Oklahoma City bombing. Now we have to come together to help out those who are hurting, and also to see justice. It was really amazing to see Congress come together and lay aside partisanship, spontaneously singing "God Bless America" at their press conference. And we most certainly need Him to.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me"
- from Psalm 23, quoted by President Bush
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.....
Old 09-11-2001, 10:13 PM   #13
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Today is a horrible day for America. Pearl Harbor was the day that would live in infamy - today had more casualties, most of whom were civilians, not military. Tens of thousands may be dead, and hundreds of thousands grieving. My heart goes out to all.

However, I fervently hope no more innocents die. I hope that whatever country harbors whoever is found responsible turns him over, rather than letting more die in a war with an inevitable end.

I also hope that extreme measures like those proposed by Aachoo. I am American, and though no one I know was lost today, I feel the pain as well. If other government installations were hit, I could have lost family. Yet I would not recommend genocide as a response, nor such a total stereotype.

After Pearl Harbor, japanese were interred in, effectively, concentration camps. While I more than want the one who did this brought to justice, I do not wish to see a mistake like that repeated.
Old 09-11-2001, 10:28 PM   #14
ringbearer
Elf Lord

The "sleeping GIANT" is now awakened. We must crush terrorism completely, and utterly.

Hide Witch, hide!
The Good Folks come to burn thee!
Their keen enjoyment hid behind
A Gothic mask of duty!
Old 09-11-2001, 10:45 PM   #15
AACHOO
Enting

Response

"I also hope that extreme measures like those proposed by Aachoo. I am American, and though no one I know was lost today, I feel the pain as well. If other government installations were hit, I could have lost family. Yet I would not recommend genocide as a response, nor such a total stereotype.

After Pearl Harbor, japanese were interred in, effectively, concentration camps. While I more than want the one who did this brought to justice, I do not wish to see a mistake like that repeated."

Desperate times desperate measures.

Those innocent people screaming as they died a horrible death.......... Stereotypes indeed.Will you board an airliner with 6 Arab men?

(Q: How many people altogether were aboard the flights?

A: 266. ------FOX News Q&A)

You may notice I make no mention of LEGAL immigrants of good status only ILLEGAL aliens also legally known as felons.

Expel all Visa jumpers(work,school it matters not) and inform
all ILLEGAL aliens to leave voluntarily or be removed with no guarantees of any sort.All reports of the average population of Middle Eastern countries show them to be rather euphoric in the wake of these cowardly attacks.

Check the news:Egypt,Gaza,West Bank,Iraq,Iran,Syria,Afganistan,
Pakistan,Lebanon,Yemen,Libya----All celebrating,dancing praising the perpetrators praying for American deaths.Here there are no stereotypes only the face of our enemies.

Last edited by AACHOO : 09-11-2001 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-11-2001, 10:49 PM   #16
Sakata
Elven Warrior

"Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will know no fear. Even if they attack me, I remain confident..."

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!

Last edited by Sakata : 10-14-2001 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-12-2001, 12:34 AM   #17
galadriel1
Elven Warrior

Re: Terrorist attacks....

9-11-2001 9:03a.m EDT -
"A date and time that will live in infamy...."

At 9:03 (EDT) this morning, the first attack of several occurred. The horrific events of this day are already being likened to that day 60 years ago when America was attacked so brutaly and without warning or provocation. Who would have thought that any of our generation would live to see another day of that caliber of tragedy? And yet, I think this day is even worse. Not only has a military target been attacked but a major civilian population has been brutally attacked. Innocent lives lost on a scale that we cannot yet imagine! I am saddened for our entire human race on this day. These terrible acts of violence are barbaric and intolerable and must be dealt with! This sort of behavior is not acceptable and every nation on this Earth should denounce it. This attack was not just an attack on the American people but on the World itself. Many different races, cultures, and creeds live in our great country and worked and lived in those areas attacked today. The entire World should be outraged! The loss of life and financial repercussions and damage will be felt the World over, not just here in America. I hope every World leader will rise to the occasion and denounce this terroristic action.

I am still in shock and disbelief. It all seems surreal. To think that the World Trade Centers no longer stand against New York`s familiar skyline! To see them crumbling and to watch the Pentagon in flames. To have one of those hijacked planes drop from the sky only 30 minutes from where I live. It is very frightening. And yet, we cannot let fear rule us or this day. We must prevail and we must take action. These horrible acts must not be tolerated. We need to take action and let those responsible know that this is not acceptable and will not go unpunished! I only hope that our President and government stand by their convictions and take action, whatever that action may be!

My prayers go out to those who lost their lives this day and to their families and friends and also to those caught in the melee of these vicious and violent attacks. God Bless America and God help us all through this dark time.

Last edited by galadriel1 : 09-12-2001 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-12-2001, 12:59 AM   #18
ringbearer
Elf Lord

God bless America
Land that I love!
Stand beside Her, and guide Her
Through the night, with a light from above.

From the mountains,
To the prairies,
To the oceans,
Bright with foam!

God bless America...
My Home, Sweet, Home!

Hide Witch, hide!
The Good Folks come to burn thee!
Their keen enjoyment hid behind
A Gothic mask of duty!
Old 09-12-2001, 01:53 AM   #19
AACHOO
Enting

WORSE?!?!?!

Could actually get worse,dont believe the left wing "media"

Warning: More Attacks , Use of Weapons of Mass Destruction, Possible
NewsMax.com
Tuesday, September 11, 2001
NewsMax's national security expert, Col. Stanislav Lunev, is traveling abroad.
The highest-ranking military officer ever to defect from Russia, Col. Lunev has served as a consultant to the CIA, the FBI and the Defense Intelligence Agency
He called NewsMax and gave the following analysis:
1. Last year, Col. Lunev wrote that the U.S. had been the main target of terrorist groups and the nations that support them. The actions today against the U.S. should not be surprising.
2. The successful attack today by this well organized terrorist group is the result of almost ten years of a deterioration of America's national security appaparatus -- including the emascualtion of American intelligence gathering capabilities.
3. American officials and experts have been saying the threat of an attack like this or worse has been a real one. Little or nothing was done, though many knew the threat was real.
4. What countries are involved is difficult to say. It is Col. Lunev's belief that more than one country was involved in this operation -- and perhaps several.
5. Do not forget that Russia remains the number one sponsor of training for terrorist nations. You will find the countries behind this will have very close ties to Russia's military and intelligence agencies.
6. Simple logic cannot be applied to the behavior of these terrorist groups and states. I believe that the terrorist acts conducted could be the first wave of more significant acts that could take place -- even in the next few days. Perhaps for the next 3 days there will be quiet, and then another strike, perhaps more massive than those already delivered.
7. These people are not stupid. They'll use all weapons available to them. Do not underestimate the brutality of these people. The next time, even in the next several days, do not exclude the possibilty they will use chemical, nuclear and biological weapons against America.

CIA Officials Reveal What Went Wrong - Clinton to Blame
Christopher Ruddy
Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2001
The worst, most single tragic day in the history of America has just passed.
Tuesday, more Americans likely died than all the casualties of the Battle of Antietam on Wednesday, Sept. 17, 1862.
Already the media spin on yesterday's events is relentless.
The talking heads are pushing several themes, including:
Now is not the time to point fingers at responsible parties in America, i.e., political figures like Clinton or our own security agencies.
The events of Tuesday are the "worst-case scenario" - the worst is over.
Osama bin Laden is the culprit.
On these points of spin, the first one is baloney. Of course we need to find why our security failed. This is basic.
And unless the big media are consulting a psychic better than the one I use, no one knows what the future days, weeks and months may yield.
This is not the worst-case scenario. A worst-case scenario is a 25-megaton nuclear bomb detonated in New York or a full-scale attack against the U.S.! These should not be ruled out.
These dangers can be avoided, we pray, but only if we stop listening to the media idiots that feed us a diet of blow-dried nonsense. Is Katie Couric going to say how bad she feels for the terrorists who were driven to these cowardly acts?
It is the big media and the hack politicians that led us to this nightmarish day.
Smart to Examine Who Failed Us
We are Americans, so let's get our feet back on the ground and use common sense.
The media say we shouldn't point fingers. (Funny, isn't it, how the media have spent 30 years pointing fingers at Richard Nixon for his alleged crimes, but when one of their liberal favorites is due for some blame, they feed us the mantras "Let's move on!" and "No time to point fingers!")
Common sense, in fact, dictates that we need to critically examine the people who are to blame for this incident, both the perpetrators (and if you believe Osama bin Laden was the major mastermind behind this, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you) and the people we pay to protect us - that is, our national security agencies.
Without question these agencies failed miserably in preventing this sophisticated, wide-scale and coordinated attack against America.
Intelligence Agencies Failed Miserably
Tuesday, I received an e-mail from a recently retired high-ranking CIA official. I will identify him as "Harry":
Here's what Harry said:
"... Reacting effectively and justly to this [attack] makes us hugely dependent on intell [intelligence] capabilities that failed us miserably. This is an enormous liability which we shall not be able to fix before we have to react. Payback time for the last eight years!"
He continued: "There were clearly enormous failures here. This operation was ingenious in its simplicity, which would have limited the size (number of people, actions) of the operation and hence detectability. But it could not have been that small for a least a dozen men to hijack four carefully chosen aircraft (routes, fuel load) with carefully coordinated timing. And to get through security with knives big enough to subdue four relatively large crews. If the intell and security systems claim that this challenge is simply too hard for them, they have to be replaced, root and branch. Because this challenge is the challenge. It is now pretty self-evident that claims of reform and adjustment [at the intelligence agencies] to new realities that we've heard over the past eight years or so are hollow."
Of course, it's obvious why the media doesn't want any finger pointing.
Guess who ran the U.S. government and was responsible for our national security for the past eight years?
Yes, you got it, Bill Clinton, Hillary's husband.
Clinton Responsible for Unpreparedness
The Clintons were supported vociferously by the media through the worst imaginable scandals.
During that time I was one of the lead reporters opposing the Clintons. I was mocked and vilified by my colleagues for doing so.
I said throughout that period that Bill Clinton's personal corruption was wholesale and mirrored how he was corrupting America's national security.
I wrote articles and said repeatedly that America, sadly, may end up paying a heavy price for Bill Clinton and the major media's complicity.
I don't believe the worst has passed with the incidents of today.
We remain vulnerable and weak.
Brutally, we witnessed our weakness today.
During eight years, Clinton decimated America's military. Our forces were cut almost in half under his stewardship.
Reaseach and development on all new weapons systems were brought almost to a halt as other nations continued to build. Clinton destroyed nearly our entire arsenal of tactical nuclear weapons. Monsters like Saddam flourished as Clinton bombed aspirin factories, tent cities in Afghanistan and worthless radar stations in the Iraqi desert.
These are open facts, easily verifiable.
Clinton, the Ever Clever Bastard
But Clinton, the ever clever bastard, was more insidious. Little, systematic changes were undertaken to destroy America's intelligence agencies.
Let me explain. A regular NewsMax reader, "Roger," was a CIA spy in the Mideast.
I met him almost two years ago. Roger wanted to tell me why a gung-ho American quit the CIA in disgust.
Roger said the CIA was not interested in recruiting spies.
Clinton and company knew they could not just tell the CIA to stop recruiting spies. That would look stupid and embarrassing.
So they just changed the rules of how spies are recruited, raising the bar on requirements to such a high degree that the most valuable spies could never meet CIA standards and couldn't work for us.
Previously, I wrote how Clinton effectively stopped the recruitment of Chinese nationals by demanding that only high-ranking embassy officials could be recruited - knowing this is almost impossible. Roger told me that. Roger reminded me again of this today.
He noted that Clinton policies reached their zenith under CIA Director John Deutch and his top assistant, Nora Slatkin. The pair ran Clinton's CIA in the mid-1990s and implemented a "human rights scrub" policy.
Here's how Roger described it in an e-mail Tuesday evening: "Deutch and Nora, Clinton's anti-intelligence plants, implemented a universal 'human rights scrub' of all assets, virtually shutting down operations for 6 months to a year. This was after something happened in Central America (there was an American woman involved who was the common law wife of a commie who went missing there) that got a lot of bad press for the agency.
"After that, each asset had to be certified as being 'clean for human rights violations.'
"What this did was to put off limits, in effect, terrorists, criminals, and anyone else who would have info on these kinds of people."
Roger says the CIA, even under new leadership, has never recovered from the "Human Rights Scrub" policy.
Perhaps that was the intention.
But we, the American people, Congress, and honest media need to examine all of these issues, now and quickly. If we don't, we risk even more grave dangers than those that we just lived through.
Old 09-12-2001, 09:15 AM   #20
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Let no sanctuary be untouched. Let all fetters be removed from our military and intelligence agencies.
This is what we get for 8 yrs of "don't do that" and finger waving. It is time for retribution. Terminate with extreme predjudice those responsible and turn countries who harbor such peoples into waste lands.
Closed Thread