Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2003, 08:52 PM   #1
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

Golden Globe Winners???

I missed the golden globe awards. Did TTT win anything?
Old 01-20-2003, 09:12 PM   #2
WallRocker
Elven Warrior

I don't believe so. The article I read in the paper today didn't say that TTT did.

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><<>< <>< <>< <><

I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
And to the Republic for which it stands
One nation
UNDER GOD
with liberty and justice for all
WallRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 11:11 PM   #3
Lady of Rivendell
Hobbit

No....they were only nominated in two catagories....best director and best movie ( drama ).......they didn't get either.

"No," said Faramir, looking into her face. " It was but a picture in the mind. I do not know what is happening. The reason of my waking mind tells me that great evil has befallen and we stand at the end of days. But my heart says nay; and all my limbs are light, and a hope and joy are come to me that no reason can deny. Eowyn, Eowyn, White Lady of Rohan, in this hour I do not believe that any darkness will endure!" And he stooped and kissed her brow.
Lady of Rivendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 04:19 AM   #4
hobinator
Enting

The Hours won for best movie and Martin Scorsesse for best director.
hobinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 09:14 PM   #5
Lollypopgurl
Elven Warrior

Everyone, here's something to cheer you up: People. Scroll down and click on "You Be the Judge". If Two Towers didn't get Best Picture, at least it got this.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:19 PM   #6
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

booooooo, the Golden Globes are worthless, then again so are the Oscars, lol, however I can't wait to see how many nominations TTT will get
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 09:23 PM   #7
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

im guessing harry potter will be nominated for alot of the things TTT is nominated for. and i also predict TTT will beat harry potter.
certainly hope it wins best picture......... it could happen!