Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2002, 08:06 PM   #1
Halley_Brandybuck
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

I was just at the Internationl Movie databases ( www.imdb.com ) looking at stuff about the LotR movies and I was looking at TTT and this is what I saw

John Rys-Davies...... Gimli / Treebeard (voice)

veeeeeeeeery interesting......

I am in search of an MPEG version of the trailer... if anyone finds one, let me know!

Do not meddle in the affairs of females for they are PMS-ing and quick to batter.

"He fears you Aragorn, and what you may become"

Two Towers in 6 months!
Halley_Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 08:13 PM   #2
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

well, not really. jrd has a deep booming voice as gimli the dwarf, so why not use him to do the voice of fangorn?

what i'd like to know is what part he auditioned for and how he happened to find himself with a second part. was he auditioning for treebeard or gimli or neither?
luinilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 09:48 PM   #3
Aragorns Dimple
Enting

JRD would make a great Treebeard voice, Hroom hum HRoom!

If you want to see more pics from TTT, go to this site. Its in Czech (?) but you can still navigate very easily. Theres 40-odd pages of pics, so there might be a Treebeard in there somewhere.....!~

http://www.fantasyplanet.cz/lotr/gal...m.asp?start=31
Old 03-04-2002, 11:59 PM   #4
anduin
Entwife

Thank you for that link! That is the best compilation of pics I have seen yet....hehe, I went through all 40 pages. Oh and I didn't see any pics of Treebeard.
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 12:46 AM   #5
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Old news, but good news.

They're also planning to do plenty of digital enhancement to Treebeard's voice - effects of rustling leaves and the like. Hopefully it will be less explicit than how they amplified Galadriel's voice in her (literal) moment of glory.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 12:52 PM   #6
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Agreed, O Ferrous One, hope that Treebeard's voice isn't overdone like Galadriel's voice. The effects drowned out the words. Wasn't til the seventh time I saw the film, when the voilume was turned down and the bass scaled back, that I was able to understand all of the words.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote