Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-01-2005, 02:07 AM   #61
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

We're now accepting stormtroopers in full force. If you want, you can audition for the Imperial Marching Band, in which we will dress you in an officer's uniform. We also need some TIE pilots, a few Dark Troopers, a Shadowtrooper or two, maybe a giant cat (What? What if we have giant mice in the garbage compactors?), and many more people! Best of all, membership is free, because we got all our money from the First Galactic Bank.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #62
Gil-galad
Hobbit

I give myself to you. *falls onto knees* I pledge myself to the ways of the Sith. Take me as your apprentice. Teach me. Lead me. Be my master. ..Or, just hand me some weak, useless durapast armor. I will do anything that you ask, your Excellency.
Gil-galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #63
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

excellent, report to admiral TB for your instructions , oh and you can put EDDIE in your sig now if you want
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 01:02 AM   #64
trolls' bane

Wow! I think we have some potential! You are now future Grand Moff of the Corellia and Kuat sectors, and everything within a parsec of the Koornatch Cluster.
And you don't get durapast armor! You get a grey uniform and if you need armor it would be kortosis. We may be evil, but we're generous! At least until we have enough replacement Moffs--I mean, Vice-Moffs .
Old 10-02-2005, 02:17 AM   #65
trolls' bane

I have now updated the EDDIE Campaign website. It now has a Testimonials page (complied from quotes from various mooters here), an Announcements page, and a Current Members page.
Which brings me to add another announcement:

Thanks to Lotesse's indirect (It wasn't her fault) enlightening us, the Empire has bio-engineered the Ent. We now have a legion of Vampire Ents, who also compete in races (Pack your tents the year of the race, your going to be waiting a long while...), their sponsor being their favorite drinks--V8 Juice.

A new Starbucks was added into EDDIE, so now on each side of the bridge there is a Starbucks!
Old 10-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #66
rohirrim TR

well the conqust is moving righ along, sorry i haven't wrote the news article yet, i've had too much homework , BTW where did the vampire ents come from? and did we give them duraplast armor?? or i guess they don't need it... well anyway good work admirals
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:31 PM   #67
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

(sigh)
I'll just wait for you to blow each other up.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 11:08 PM   #68
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
well the conqust is moving righ along, sorry i haven't wrote the news article yet, i've had too much homework , BTW where did the vampire ents come from? and did we give them duraplast armor?? or i guess they don't need it... well anyway good work admirals
Lotesse indirectly gave me the idea in the "How do Ents breath?" thread. She said (basically) that an Ent drinking carrot juice would be an Ent vampire.

What do you mean, Curu? Do you think we're going to? Oh, by the way, thank you for contributing to the Testimonials page.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:50 PM   #69
Curubethion

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
What do you mean, Curu? Do you think we're going to? Oh, by the way, thank you for contributing to the Testimonials page.
I was thinking about something a la Saruman vs. Sauron in LOTR...
About that second part:
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 10-03-2005, 12:02 AM   #70
trolls' bane

Sorry, I can take it off. I just wanted to make the EDDIE Campaign a joke site, partly, and as you might have seen (if you visited it) the first think I said is totally opposite of what most of the testimonials (taken from comments here and in the Campaign thread) say.
I'll have no problem taking it off .
Old 10-03-2005, 12:08 AM   #71
Curubethion

You didn't really think I was offended, did you? You're not the only one who can joke!
Hey, I don't mind if I'm famous!

Last edited by Curubethion : 10-03-2005 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:24 AM   #72
trolls' bane

Heh . I didn't think of that...

Heh again...in truth I don't think you'll become famous through that site. People are so lazy these days--Can't type in www.freewebs.com/eddiecampaign. I did that in less than 5 seconds, and people won't take that at most 30 seconds to type it. Of course, if you wanted to be famous, you can wait a few years or decades till I submit to a search engine and get a domain name. Of course, I'd have to win the Lotto first, and that isn't my highest-priority site yet--Brendan's Classical Music and HVEL come first, respectively.

Last edited by trolls' bane : 10-03-2005 at 12:26 AM.
trolls' bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:04 PM   #73
trolls' bane

Ah...let's see...I got this crazy idea of posting that "I Want You" ad all around my school .
Nope, don't wan't Herr Bluth angry at me.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:08 PM   #74
Curubethion

Herr Bluth? Does that mean you're German? (I'm not prejudiced, it's just a little unexpected )
Old 10-04-2005, 10:11 PM   #75
trolls' bane

German? Ha! I wish. *reverie*
That's what I call certain authorities I don't want angry at me...
Old 10-06-2005, 04:10 PM   #76
rohirrim TR

how do you guys link a picture? i have a recruiting poster, but i can't copy and paste
Quote:
Old 10-06-2005, 10:19 PM   #77
trolls' bane

You can't? My whole live revolves around Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V!!!! Without them, where would I be on Entmoot? I would be back under 100 posts still, where I stayed for at least the first third of my time here.
I feel so sorry for you...
Old 10-06-2005, 10:24 PM   #78
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

That's not ALL he can't do. He also can't seem to get anywhere in his, I must say, admirably persistent - no, dogged - attempts to recruit me to his "dark side," and I have rebuffed poor rohirrim TR so much and in so many different styles of speak, that I'm a bit worried I may have actually flustered & upset the poor fella. Is he O.K.? Rohirrim li'l buddy, you around tonight? I was just playin'!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:57 PM   #79
trolls' bane

Well I'm sure he didn't mind. I for one would have continued persisting.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:18 AM   #80
rohirrim TR

i haven't stopped persisting, but i have other things to do,

i should rephrase my statement, i can't copy and paste pictures, text is anther matter, anyway what was the point of this post?... hmm i'm not sure, oh well see ya'll around
Quote: