Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-01-2004, 05:10 AM   #1
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

Expanded Tolkien Universe

As most know there have been many books published by several authors about Star Wars, or after the last events of the last Star Wars film. I was reading about Eldarion, Aragorn Elessar's son and nothing is really said about him or anything after that. I began to think of what would have happened after that. I came up with a few different storys so i decided to stick a thread in here to ask you guys if you have any "Expanded Story's" after the events of the Lord of the Rings? Post your story's or additions here, perhaps we could collectively make a fanbased continuation of the Tolkien universe?

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:13 AM   #2
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

You mean a fanfic thread? Isn't that what the "Letters from Middle-earth" thread is?

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:52 PM   #3
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Perhaps this is more suited for the Writers Workshop. Moving.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:04 PM   #4
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
The elven rings of mithel

'Twas in middle earth where elfs still dwelt and I can't keep this up so the rest of the story will be normal as I can write.

Anyway a man of Gondor named Bob came and thought about rings of power and their building blocks. He thought that if a ring was wroght of true silver it would be more powerfill than the one ring (Which was made of gold) and so he went to Isengaurd to seek ring-lore.

There he found much but he still needed more so he wrote down a few things and went on. He went to Mordor and found what he needed and now all he needed was a forge.

He went to Minas tirith and found a blacksmith, the blacksmith refused.
He went to Oscileoth and didn't find anything.
He went to Mount Doom and found an inn a stayed the night.
He went to Rohan and got run over.

The end

P.S.
The Bob was in it because I can't think of a gondorian name and I don't know anyone named Bob
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?

Last edited by me9996 : 01-28-2005 at 09:00 PM. Reason: My mom corrected my spelling
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:56 PM   #5
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Who with the what now?

Anyway... Halbarad, aside from the Sil and HoME, there aren't any books written after like Star Wars, Babylon 5, and others.

There are guides, books of Maps like Journeys of Frodo, essays like from Michael Martinez... those could count as an expanded universe.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 10:25 PM   #6
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

Tolkien did actually begin the sequel to Lord of the Rings: it was called The New Shadow. He never got beyond the first few pages, because he said it would have been a "thriller", and just that, and so "not worth writing." The story took place in the Fourth Age year 210 if I remember correctly. Eldarion or his heir would have been ruler of Gondor and Arnor.

The first few pages take place in Ithilien, in which an old man and his friend, a younger shady sort of fellow, have a conversation that quickly turns a little disturbing and eerie. The young man refers to a cult led by a figure named Herumor ("Dark Lord"), and Tolkien says outside the story that it would have been about the plot of the "Satanic" cult to overthrow the King, and about it's discovery and downfall. Lots of Tolkien fans have speculated about who this Herumor actually was (and lots of hopefuls are rooting for the Mouth of Sauron), but we'll never know.

I think it's Peoples of Middle-earth, Volume XII of the History of Middle-earth series.

There's always room to expand on Tolkien's works though.