Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Rules Are Meant to Be Broken

Anoura hid a yawn behind her hand as the latest petitioners for the Queen's wisdom left. Since being elected Queen, this was all Anoura had done. Settling arguments and passing judgement was not what she had in mind that a Queen would do. The Herald stepped into the audience chambers.

"Highness, a beggar insists on seeing you. He says he will not leave until you grant him audience," He wore a scowl. The Herald despised anyone not born of money.
"Send him in and wipe that scowl from your face. Now," He started and hurried off. Anoura sighed. She was going to have to speak firmly with him. The door opened to admit the beggar.

The man's clothes were indeed a bit ragged, but not from years on the streets. He had the look of a man that was hunted. Anoura knew when a man had fought when she saw it. She stood and descended from the throne dais.
"Highness?" he said before collapsing to his knees. Anoura rushed to him and knelt.
"Ryman! What have you gotten yourself into now?" Without waiting for an answer, she turned to the servants standing nearby. "Have a room made for him. Go! Now!" The servants fled in a flurry of green and gold. Anoura was joined by the General of the Armies, who had been standing in the shadows next to the throne.
"I sent for the Palace doctor. Forgive me if I have overstepped myself," he said as he crouched next to his Queen and Ryman.
"You have not," She looked into Ryman's darting eyes.
"I rode my horse to death to reach you," he said.
"And nearly run yourself to death! Where have you been? I haven't seen you in over a year!" Ryman was save from answering by the doctor's arrival. The General rose and offered his hand. Anoura took it and rose herself.
"Join us for dinner, Ryman. We have much to speak of,"
"Yes, Highness,"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote