Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2004, 06:28 PM   #8
Aewionen
Elf Lord

“Ah, I see. Why does your friend not speak for himself?” she asked, and Marek noted the edge in her voice.
Aden turned to Marek and shrugged as he nodded. “She has a point.” He said quietly.
Marek sighed, wanting to continue on his way and not stop for such nonsense, but he could see there was no way out of this. “Like he said, we were just taking precautions.” He said cooly, “Happy?” he added, raising an eyebrow.
“Much.” The maiden replied with a smile, coming out from her hiding place, her horse not far behind. “I am Aeryn,” she said, offering her hand.
“I am Aden and this…”
“Aden, you are forgetting one minor detail.” Marek said, cutting him short. “Do you even remember what we are doing out here?” he asked his friend quietly.
Aden smiled and nodded, “Yes, I do.” He said, not bothering to lower his voice. “And having that in mind, I will continue Marek,”
Aeryn, obviously pleased with Marek’s discomfort, turned to him and smiled. “Pleased to meet you, Marek.”
“Pleasure is mine…” the irritated youth replied, not bothering to shake her hand.
Aden instead took her hand, brushing his lips against it respectfully. “Might I ask what you are doing out here in this dark forest milady?”
“You can ask,” Aeryn replied shortly.
An awkward moment of silence brought a grin to Marek’s face, seeing what exactly she meant.
“Ah… then what are you doing out here?” Aden asked again, still not catching on.
“That is my business kind sir, as I am sure what you are doing is your own.”
Aden chuckled, “Very well, I can deal with that. After all, the world would be nothing without secrets.”
Marek saw that a conversation might begin soon and so he interrupted the two, “Well, now that we are all acquainted, we had best be on our way and you most likely on yours.”
Aeryn nodded and mounted her horse, “Farewell gentlemen, I do not think we shall see each other again.”
“And why is that?” Aden had to ask, receiving a glare from Marek.
“I am heading for the mainland if you must know.”
Aden smiled widely, “Are you know? We happen to be doing the same!”
“Yes, for our lord who is sending us of course.” Marek put in quickly before he could continue, not wanting to give them away.
“As am I,” Aeryn said soon after for the same reason.
“Then I don’t see why we shouldn’t just go together!” Aden said with another smile, to which Aeryn nodded in agreement and Marek sighed.
“If she must,” He said as he mounted his horse and rode in front while Aden and Aeryn talking amongst themselves about Kalden and Gairne’, which Marek assumed was her home town.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote