Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-10-2000, 02:01 PM   #1
gdl96

Entmoot Calender for Other Important Events

Ok, this is for anniversaries and other special days. It can also be for celebrating big events of Entmoot's past. Pretty much anything that's not a birthday.
Old 12-10-2000, 02:46 PM   #2
Eruve

Re: Entmoot Calender for Other Important Events

My wedding aniversary and anduin's are in the birthday thread.

You know, Tater (I think) had that thread going about important anniversaries in Middle-earth. I think it was something like "Today in ME" or something like that. It might be fun to include those things on your calendar, too. (Unless that would make it too big, or too much work; I really have no idea how long it takes to make a graphic like you made.) For example, you could have Aragorn's birthday on March 1, Bilbo and Frodo on Sept. 22, Aragorn's receiving the kingship on May 1, Sauron's downfall on March 25, etc. I can supply other dates if you like.
Old 12-10-2000, 03:31 PM   #3
gdl96

Sure. Why not?
Old 12-11-2000, 04:55 AM   #4
arynetrek

good idea!

aryne *
Old 12-11-2000, 07:04 PM   #5
Eruve

Here's a list of other Middle-earth related events. It is by no means exhaustive; I just pick what seemed important to me. If I've left anything off, more can be added (just suggest); and if I've put on something that seems too minor, just leave it off.

Sept. 22: Bilbo and Frodo's birthdays; anniversary of Sam leaving Bag End for the last time before taking ship at the Grey Havens.

Sept. 23: anniversary of Frodo leaving Bag End on, ultimately, the Quest.

Sept. 26: anniversary of Frodo and friends leaving the Shire.

Sept. 29: anniversary of Bilbo's and Frodo's departure from the Grey Havens.

Oct. 25: anniversary of the Council of Elrond.

Oct. 30: anniversary of Frodo and friends return to the Shire.

Nov. 3: anniversary of the Battle of Bywater, the death of Saruman and the end of the War of the Ring.

Dec. 25: anniversary of the Fellowship of the Ring leaving Rivendell on the Quest.

Feb. 26: anniversary of Boromir's death.

March 1: Aragorn's birthday and also anniversary of his death (210 years later).

March 3: anniversary of the Ents' destruction of Isengard. Anniversary of the Battle of the Hornburg.

March 15: anniversary of of the Battle of the Pelennor and the deaths of Theoden and Denethor.

March 25: Elanor's (not our Elanor, the one in the LOTR) birthday. Anniversary of the destruction of the Ring and the downfall of Sauron.

May 1: anniversary of Aragorn receiving the Kingship, Sam and Rose's wedding anniversary.

"Mid-Year's Day": OK, this one is problematic, since the above dates are all according to the Shire-Calendar, which doesn't work in exactly the same way as ours. Mid-Year's Day (along with 2 other days) was outside any month fell in between the months of June and July. It was supposed to fall on the summer solstice, making it the equivalent of our June 21st. This day is Aragorn and Arwen's wedding anniversary and the anniversary of Rose's death.
Old 12-11-2000, 07:35 PM   #6
Fat middle

good work, Eruve!

Old 12-12-2000, 04:30 AM   #7
Elanor

wow, I get 2 birthdays!