Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2003, 09:55 PM   #1
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

Attention azalea and crickhollow and others interested in this Forum

There would be more interesting Lord of the Rings movie topics to read here if attempts to generate discussions were greeting with topic-related responses rather than insults, flames, or chat that does nothing to contribute to the discussions.

This is SUPPOSED to be a Lord of the Rings movie forum not a kindergarten class. Personally, I don't care whether the posters here are 9 or 99 as long as they are truly interested in discussing LOTR. But if you don't have anything to contribute: then don't.

A case in point is the Peter Jackson is God thread locked below. A potentially interesting discussion was highjacked by a group of juveniles intent on closing down the thread--which they did. I agree with that decision. I would have closed it much earlier if I were a moderator here. But what about the posters responsible for getting it closed? Is it okay to jump into a thread, create chaos, get it locked, and then move with no consequences?

Is that what everyone wants here?

How you feel about my views is not the point. The point is that we all should be able to have a voice here without the "thought police" squad shutting someone down because they don't like what he has to say.

It is time for some those of you who are truly interested in this board to stand up and say something.