Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2006, 06:14 PM   #141
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
When did Sauron take the Rings from the Nine and how was it done?
Have they surrendered their rings willingly (as Martinez supposes?) or unwillingly?
What about the relations between the WK in Carn Dum and the Necromancer in Mirkwood?
1) I recon that Sauron took the nine rings from the nazgul when they were fully in the wraith world, but then gave them back to them just before he was captured by the numomoriens, so that they could scare people and/or try and control them whilst he was away. Once he came back, i believe that he didn't want them back because he wanted them to be at their maximum effectiness, so to speack, either at the battle of the last alliance, or in the lands of Gondor and/or Arnor, getting the people to make them leaders, once Sauron won the war. Of course, that didn't work, so the next chance, i believe, he had to take the rings would be when the tower of Bara-dur was built again ie. 2951 because he was stronger then he was in ages, so he had much more chance at controling them effectively. so he did, and he kept them for himself until near the end of 3018, where he gave them back so they could be strong again to give Sauron that edge in weakening, and eventually distroying, Gondor.
2) I believe that the first time he did it, the nazgul gave them up willingly, because as it says in the rhyme of lore "One Ring to rule them all". And if you're a ruler, you're servents have to do what you tell them. but when he did it a second time, i think that he had a bit of a struggle because this time, he was much weaker, as well as, if we are to believe that they had their free will still, then they wouldn't have wanted to give them up, as it gave them lots of power to control other people, as well as terrify more then without their rings.
3) On this, i have no idea about, sorry .

If you want more infomation about the rings, then look here.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.

Last edited by jammi567 : 07-10-2006 at 11:37 AM.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #142
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

Actually, on number 3), after thinking about it, i do have something on it. i would think that there wouldn't bee much communication for several reasons:
1) Sauron is too weak to ask for the witch-kings ring back to try and control him again.
2) the witch-king most likely hated Saurons guts for enslaving him forever.
3) the witch-king enjoyed having power and having his own kindom again, and also probally thought that anything said to try and get him to go to Mirkwood was a trick, so wouldn't have listerned to him.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote