Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane
Elven Warrior

Harry never had any trace on him, except the one when he was underage. The trace was on Voldemort's name and pin-pointed anyone who said it. And, the only people who said his name were the supporters of the OOTP.

I don't remember Harry using 'Crucio' in this book. When was that?
Harry never used Occlumency. Sure he could block out Voldemort sometimes, when he reallyreally tried, and he look into his head, but again, only when he really concentrated, or when Voldemort was experiencing a strong emotion, but then it was much easier, and sometimes it didn't work out for him at all. He wasn't penetrating Voldemort's mind...I tend to think of it more along the lines of "he's along for the ride". That small portion of him that ties him to Lord Voldemort allows him to do that. He was seeing what Voldemort thought and saw, so that also means that if Voldemort sees the memories and actions of another, Harry will see them. Harry himself wasn't looking into the wandmaker's past, he was simply 'along for the ride'.

Voldemort was stubborn, and put his own intelligence on a pedestal. I can see him making a mistake like putting the tiara in the room of requirement. Especially since he already had a few others...and I'd also like to point out that, despite the large amount of stuff in the room, a very few number people have found the room, when you compare it to how many people have gone through Hogwarts. Also, even though he thought it possible for someone else to find it, he had other protections on it and, it was pure luck, and a good memory from past experiences, that Harry knew where it was and found it so easily.

Lupin wasn't leaving Tonks to go on an adventure! That's simply what Harry said to make him stay home. In Lupin's mind he was leaving to help defeat the Dark Lord and create a better life for his child. It was also his cowardice. He was afraid of what his own child would think of his socially inacceptable father. So, he tried to leave and even if it wasn't the right thing to try to do, he did it for the right reasons (with the exception of cowardice ofcourse).
"Not only did my encounters with voters confirm the fundamental decency of the American people, they also reminded me that at the core of the American experience are a set of ideals that continue to stir our collective conscience; a common set of values that bind us together despite our differences; a running thread of hope that makes our improbable experiment in democracy work..." Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:28 AM   #2
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane View Post

I don't remember Harry using 'Crucio' in this book. When was that?
I believe that was when
one of the Carrows spat on/at McGonagall, when Harry and Luna were inside Ravenclaw tower looking for the diadem.

I thought it really out of character, and I believe there's several instances of them throwing Imperiuses around too.
McGonagall uses it, and the trio do when trying to get into Gringotts.