Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #41
Mari
Elf Lady

Mari crosses her arms and raises an eyebrow.

"Well, this I've got to see. Just regard me as a Cheshire Cat: making snarky comments and disappearing when I feel like it. Who knows, I may even stumble across Treebeard's leafy beard amidst all the leaves and shrubs in this HUMONGOUS FOREST! Oh wait, it's on a mountain now, is it? That makes it so much easier."

Mari shakes her head and wonders what kind of weird, but amusing ideas her fellow Teacuppers come up with next.

"Personally, I like the Easter Bunny theory by the way. Never liked that hare. He always looked a bit shifty to me..."

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #42
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Meanwhile, hidden in the treetops above the gathered mooters, Willow dons a deerstalker hat and whips out a violin. A case such as this must be properly pondered.

Soon strains of Faded Love mixed with speculative murmurs float down from the canopy.

"A shaven Ent... a demand for more posts... a classic kidnap for ransom to be certain.

Suspects: A younger, hastier ent, and two personifications - one winter, one spring.

But the motivation! What need has Santa for a beard of moss and lichen? What desire the Bunny for more posts? And what could drive Quickbeam, who though hasty, has ever been good, to turn on his elder?

Find the motive and we shall find the true kidnapper - and with it The Beard!"

... "Shave an' a haircut - two bits."
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote