Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-24-2004, 10:10 AM   #61
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"I'm from Mirkwood forest," said Nurvingiel. "That's on the east side of the Misty Mountains," she added, not knowing how much Erkenbrand knew about that part of the world.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 10:51 AM   #62
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

i have dwelt in the blue mountains,
said galiforn
they are west of here
he continued
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:26 PM   #63
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"The Blue Mountains, I've wanted to go there for some time. They are fairly near the sea. I'm a Wood Elf, so I'm not drawn to the sea like some of my kin, but I think it would be a beautiful place. I also love mountains," Nurvingiel realized she was rambling, and trailed off. "Er, I'm sorry I mistook you for a Dwarf before. You do rather look like one, though you're too tall now that I think about it," she continued on a different track.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 09-24-2004, 09:38 PM   #64
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

Mirilya began to feel a bit foolish about wearing her hood indoors. "I'm sorry," she said to Erkenbrand. "It's just I've travelled in Rohan before, and.." she trailed off. "Lovely place though," she added, and then felt foolisher.
"I come from, well, just west of the Misty Mountains", she continued brightly. "South of Rivendell." She wasn't sure whether Galiforn or Erkenbrand would know of Hollin, and was still a little apprehensive about mentioning the name - her people had guarded it in secrecy for so long.
A solitary cloaked figure still occupied the corner where Galiforn had been sitting. Mirilya smiled and beckoned, but couldn't discern a response in the dim light.
-elfearz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 04:46 AM   #65
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nurvingiel thought about the location and couldn't think of any towns near Rivendell. "Must be a really small town," she said. "And you're really on the frontier, as they say. That's a pretty wild area."
Quote:
Old 10-06-2004, 09:19 AM   #66
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

ooc: bump

ic: Galiforn looked around, and realized that no one had said anything for a while, "I believe I can trust you all now, so I am going to tell you a part of my tale," he began. He noticed that everyone was now gazing at him intently, "My story comes into this world many years ago, the world was different then, more elves, and less men, they were happy times. I am of the kin of him that the elves of imladris know as Iarwain-Ben-Adar, though I have travelled far and wide, in those days, the dark one came and conquered, and everywhere his foul beasts roamed. When the Noldorin returned, the world was filled once more with light, and for that my people have been eternally grateful, but we fear a new dark one, and so I have been sent to discover what can be discovered, for if we fall, and the world withers, there will be nothing for men and dwarves to inherit when the elves move on, as they will. Hopefully this will not be for some time though." as he said this, a great darkness was lifted from his face, as though many years of care and toil had fallen from him "It is the time that the Endoraia, the earth-spirits, have been waiting for, to live and roam once more" he finished.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:22 AM   #67
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: That's Tom Bombadil right?

"Iarwain-Ben-Adar," thought Nurvingiel, "Have I heard that name before? I feel like I have, or should have."
Aloud she said, "Tell us more about the Earth spirits Galiforn."
Quote:
Old 10-06-2004, 09:34 AM   #68
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

ooc: yup, good old tommy-boy!

ic: "We have existed for long years," said galiforn, "We came into being at the time of the onodrim, we are, as they, offspring of Yavanna, though we do not guard the trees, we are the guardians of the Earth, and thus revere also Aule, which is the reason that many of us take the form of the dwarf, we aid where we can, but we have no magic of our own, just the magic of the earth itself. As far as we know, we do not die, as men and dwarves, but we do age, but slower even than the elves, and we also have the sadness of the elves. In a way, we are like, and unalike, all children of Eru-Illuvatar, and the Children of the Valar." he went on, between sips of ale.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:03 AM   #69
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"And yet we do not always have the great foresight of the elves, or the hunger of men, or the lust of dwarves", he said "these can be seen as good or bad, I do not know which, they just are what we are" he continued, and then ordered another round of drinks for all at the table.

ooc:bump, bump, bump!
Old 10-10-2004, 05:42 PM   #70
Amea
Elven Warrior

Devak: *she watched the table where galiforn sat* I thought they were all gone....*she whipered*

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:39 AM   #71
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nurvingiel watched intently, entertaining the absurd hope that there might be a quest involved somewhere in the tale.
Quote:
Old 10-11-2004, 07:55 AM   #72
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"but, anyway," he said, leaning back in his chair, "let me here more of someone else's tale, I feel I have told my life, so it is my turn to listen, more ale, anyone?" he added
Old 10-11-2004, 08:14 AM   #73
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Now updated to make sense! w00t

"Sure!" said Nurvingiel. Galiforn ordered a round, and the bartender passed Nurvingiel an ale. "Thank you Galiforn, to your health!" she said, taking the first sip. Mirilya gave her an odd look - Elves weren't known for a taste in beer. Nurvingiel felt the need to explain a bit.
"I developped a taste for it when I spent some time in the Iron Hills." Her friends were looking on with some interest. "I lived in the Iron Hills for a while because of the long history of misunderstanding between Elves and Dwarves. I went there to live for a short time, so that we could learn something of each other under peaceful circumstances. Elves prefer forests to caverns, but I'm a bit of an odd elf. You may have noticed," she added.
"Some elves possess great skill in metal working, but I am not of their number. I studied this art, but I was more attracted to the art and design, which is very beautiful. It is from the Iron Hills that I have just journeyed," she finished.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 10-13-2004 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:52 AM   #74
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"the iron hills," said galiforn, "a wondrous place, if ever there was one, I haven't been back there since the dread-worm smaug settled on erebor, since then I have been travelling the mountains and forests of eriador!"

Last edited by Last Child of Ungoliant : 10-14-2004 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:56 AM   #75
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Gollum

OOC: How exactly does this work. I understand most, but not all. I don't really find it easy spending the time reading so much. I'd like to join, but does that include me needing to be an active RPGer here? I've already got a lot of RPG on my hands.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:04 AM   #76
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

ooc: just jump in when you can, and come and go as you please, is how we work, and when it slides too far down the page, someone will come along to bump it up a bit
Old 10-13-2004, 11:41 AM   #77
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

EDIT: Oops
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 10-13-2004 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:12 PM   #78
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

PSSSST! Nurvi! This is 2904!! Smaug wasn't taken out until 2941!!!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:24 PM   #79
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Eep! I thought this was set 20 years after the War of the Ring! heh heh. I'll edit my post and make it the Iron Hills instead.
Quote:
Old 10-13-2004, 05:01 PM   #80
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Anfal,Ranger of the North, quietly slipped into the inn, his hood covering his face. He quickly sat down in the corner, surveying the inn's company. After a minute or two he cast his hood off, revealing a reasonably young face, with long dark hair. He stood up, standing a tall 6'4 and walked over to the bar.
"An ale please," he said. His voice deep but pleasant to hear.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote