Old 07-19-2004, 07:44 PM   #42
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Character: Gilly
Race: Hobbit
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Hieght: 3'2"
Discription: A resident of Bree, this hobbit often visits the Forsaken Inn.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:21 PM   #43
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

ooc: ooh! mind if i join? (ok..um..*has never done this before*, so please correct me if i do something wrong )

Mirilya slipped lithley from Tyelka's back and paused a moment as her feet remembered the touch of ground and her nose savoured the aroma of roasting potatoes. It had been a long ride, but the inn before her seemed homely and comfortable.

It will be good to lie in a bed again, she thought, a smile touching her lips fleetingly. Like all elves, she felt a close affinity with nature, but after countless nights under starlight, she yearned for a roof above her head, and feather pillows beneath it.

Urged by her gnawing stomach, she fastened Tyelka to a post and started toward the inn, but slowed to a halt as a thought clouded her mind. Hesitating, she drew a long, slender knife from its sheath at her hip, and raised the blade to her face.

A distorted, ghosted image of her face stared back at her, reflected in the moonlit steel. Her ebony curls, limp with perspiration framed her cheeks, covering her leaf-shaped ears, but thinking it best to be safe, Mirilya drew the hood of her grey travelling cloak over her head. It was not that elves were unwelcome generally, but murmurings of sorcery and 'elf-magic' made some mortal folk uneasy..

With the grey cloth shrouding her face, she looked human enough, if a little thin. Mirilya was slender, even by elven standards, and weeks of hard riding and living off the land had left her looking a little ghostly. Reflected in her knife, her high cheekbones were even more pronounced, the soft cheeks below them a little sunken. Her blue-green eyes, however, sparkled with life. Mirilya was extremely young - not yet old even by mortal standards, and in the twilight of elven childhood. Her features had not yet acquired the even, luminescent agelessness that characterised older elves. The thrill of life still sapped through her veins...

Mirilya's sharp ears heard the door of the inn creak open, and she quickly sheathed the knife as a well-fed stableboy trotted up to her.

'How may I help you miss?'

She smiled, instructed him to feed and stable Tyelka and tipped him generously, then remembering how famished she was, headed for the inn.

A thick cloud of ale and tobacco stung her eyes as she pushed open the door. Unnoticed, she surveyed the crowd. They were a mixed bunch, and seemed jovial. A chubby maid flitted smilingly amongst the patrons with a tray of ale, while the stocky bartender bustled around, barking orders. In a corner, a sturdy dwarf was engaged in deep conversation with a brown-haired woman. The woman was statuesque and obviously elven, and did not appear to be drawing any suspicious looks.

Pushing back her hood, Mirilya approached the bar, sinking into a stool. The bartender noticed her immediately, and bustled over, beaming at her.
'What can I do y'for lass?'
'Two hot dinners and a glass of wine, thank you', she replied, shaking her hair off of her face. 'And a room for the night, if you have one'.

um..ok..that was, long..oops

Last edited by -elfearz- : 10-18-2004 at 10:10 AM.
-elfearz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:49 PM   #44
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Gimli

OOC: *Ahem* You said originally you were a dwarf...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
Suddenly, in walked a dwarve, named Galiforn
"hail!" he said, "My name is galiforn, and i would like some ale, please, I am on my way to visit Thorin Oakenshield in the Blue Mountains"
IC:
Nurvingiel was confused, she had thought that Galiforn had said he was a Dwarf, but maybe she had just been sitting next to the fire too long. "My apologies, I was sure I thought somewhere that someone said you were a Dwarf, but I could be mistaken." She paused, and sipped her ale to hide her awkwardness.

OOC:
Thank you for the lovely description of my character Elfearz. Let's find some way to get our two characters talking, feel free to have your character approach us! And I'm not just saying that because you said I was "statuesque". I'd say you're doing a great job for a first time RPGer in this forum.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 07-21-2004 at 11:53 PM. Reason: need to add...
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 07:30 AM   #45
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Boy does this thread ever need a bump! C'mon you slackers, drink your ale! I'm going to take a few liberties here...

IC:
Nurvingiel approached the new come elf, who had just sat down at the bar. She looked fairly young, and quite pretty. Nurvingiel thought she recognized her. "Greetings fellow traveller, is there any chance we may have passed on the road somewhere? Your face seems familiar to me." Nurvingiel sat down next to the Elf, and set her ale on the bar.
Galiforn had moved towards the bar with her, but now decided to go outside. "I'm going outside for a breath of fresh air," he said.
Nurvingiel glanced at him, and noticed that the sun was beginning to set. "Okay, I'd come in before sunset though."
"I am not afraid of robbers and brigands," said Galiforn stoutly.
"It's not that," Nurvingiel paused. "I just think, it's best to be inside come nightfall." Galiforn gave her a queer look and went outside. Nurvingiel turned to the young elf.
"I don't know exactly what goes on around here, but I suspect the name of this inn has many connotations," she said to her companion in a low voice. "Anyway, forgive my rudeness. I am Nurvingiel, what might your name be?" Nurvingiel asked, smiling pleasantly.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 10-16-2004 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:43 AM   #46
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

ooc: oops! i've been busy and had completely forgotten about this thread! thx for reminding!
oh..yes..like i said, i've never RPed before - so let me know if i write something i'm not meant to!

ic:

Mirilya managed her name through a mouthful of stew, and smiled warmly at Nurvingiel, blushing a little. Her two hot dinners had quickly become five, and it may have been her self-consciousness talking, but she was sure she could feel the elf's eyes trying to avoid resting on the clutter of empty dishes that surrounded her. Her hunger, at least, had subsided, but her money pouch felt disturbingly light. She put it out of her mind. She had danced for a meal before...

Surveying Nurvingiel's face, she tried to place the pleasing features. Mirilya had travelled, but rarely by the open road. Under the cover of trees, along secret routes through the forests, one made few acquaintances.

"I am new to these lands", she said to the elf. "I have travelled seldom, save to Lothlorien, now and again". She paused. That was true, or substantially true at least. She had been east of Lorien - often to Mirkwood, and occasionally even south into Rohan, but these had been private excursions, unknown to her father, and so she said nothing of them. Mirilya could not guess Nurvingiel's age, but guessed that the elf was older than she herself. Perhaps she was a friend of her parents.

"I come from Hollin", she continued. "My family dwells there".

"Hollin", Nurvingiel repeated. "So there are still elves there", she added, almost to herself.

"There are", Mirilya replied, "though only a handful, and we keep a quiet presence, as far as we can". "It was once a fair country – or so I am told, I have not seen it so in my time". She sighed. "The days are darkening".

The night was darkening too, and the dwarf that Nurvingiel had been with earlier had not yet returned. Both women glanced silently towards the door.

"You are acquainted with the dwarf?" Mirilya ventured eventually. "In Hollin we still remember the old friendship, but such memories have largely faded, in the minds of elves and dwarves alike".
Old 09-08-2004, 01:29 AM   #47
Haradrim
The Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

A man walked downstairs. He had come awake at the sounds of the guests downstairs. He was glad he had been woken up. He prefered the night. HE flet comfortable in it. He threw several coins onto the bar and asked for a round for everyone. He said in a loud booming voice, "Hello everyone I hope I havent missed much." He strode over to a table which ahd what seemed to be a dwarf and an elf. He walked over and sat down. "So who's turn is it?" he asked with a big grin on his face. "The name is Erestor Erkenband." He took a big gulp from his mug.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:45 AM   #48
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haradrim
He strode over to a table which ahd what seemed to be a dwarf and an elf.
ooc - are you talking about us haradrim? coz mirilya is actually an elf as well, not a dwarf, but I just read back what i wrote, and, yeah, it's not all that clear *oops*
Old 09-08-2004, 08:13 AM   #49
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -elfearz-
ooc - are you talking about us haradrim? coz mirilya is actually an elf as well, not a dwarf, but I just read back what i wrote, and, yeah, it's not all that clear *oops*
OOC: I knew you were an elf. As my character is also an elf, maybe we just felt a kinship. Yea! Activity in the thread again! Valandil would be proud... if he were here!
Quote:
Old 09-08-2004, 10:20 AM   #50
Haradrim

oops yeah sorry meant elf and elf. HEHEHE. Woops!
Old 09-08-2004, 01:26 PM   #51
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
...Valandil would be proud... if he were here!
I am... and I AM!

Will try to work in some posties soon... but the rest of you are doing just fine!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 05:07 AM   #52
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"Hm... well I have been to Lothlorien a few times, but not recently. I spend most of my time in Mirkwood." She gave Mirilya a last, searching look. "Well, no matter. Your news of Hollin intrigues me. I must visit there, though I will be careful not to disturb your presence. It was a fair land, when I was a very young elf. Some of us do remember the friendship between elves and dwarves. I'm glad you do too. As for Galiforn, I only just met him. He seems a stout fellow," said Nurvingiel, smiling.
Suddenly a man sat down at the bar and introduced himself. "Er, hello Erkenbrand. Well met," said Nurvingiel, draining her ale which was getting too warm for her liking. She did not say her name, suddenly shy of this bold man. "Humans," she thought, somewhat dispairingly.

OOC: Fixing my age continuity thing.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 10-16-2004 at 07:01 AM.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:13 AM   #53
Amea
Elven Warrior

Devak: *She sighed as she looked back to the tavern and walked slowly towards it, picalo still on her misstress's shoulder, she opened the door slowly and walked in, looking around her slowly, she was never one for crowds, she sighed softly again as she walked to the corner and sat in one of the chairs, drawing her hood low over her face and eyes. the glint of picalo's scales could be seen in the firelight but little else of the Firelizard or her misstress. She hummed softly to herself " the song of Elbereth" benieth her cloak she searched the room quiteily*

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:42 AM   #54
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Gimli

galiforn suddenly awoke from yet another 2 month slumber,
realising he hadn't finished his ale!
'and who are you?', he said to the strange human that he found sitting across the table from him
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:44 AM   #55
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
OOC: *Ahem* You said originally you were a dwarf...
ooc: i said as such, he would appear as a dwarf to other people!
Old 09-22-2004, 03:32 PM   #56
Amea
Elven Warrior

Devak: *she looked at galiforn for a min, quite startled at first then spoke softly* I am sorry sir I did not know this table was taken.... i will go if u would like *her voice was melodious and sounded much like tiny bells*

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:16 AM   #57
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

Mirilya smiled charmingly as she greeted Erkenbrand, but fleetingly exchanged glances with Nurvingiel, wondering if the older elf knew any more about humans than she did. "From where do you hail, sir, and what brings you to these parts?", she asked, to make conversation.
The name Erkenbrand sounded Rohirric, Mirilya realised, her leaf-shaped ears suddenly feeling pointier and more exposed. She had had some dealings with the people of Rohan, and had found them homely, warm, earthy and hospitable, but somewhat suspicious of elves. She had never admitted her heritage whilst in those parts, having heard many murmurings in towns and taverns about the Lady in the Golden Wood and her webs of sorcery. Muttering a complaint about the cold, she hastily drew her hood over her face.

Through the corner of her eye, Mirilya noticed Galiforn draining a mug of ale and conversing with a cloaked figure in a shadowy corner of the room. "Funny, that", she thought. "I never saw him come back inside"...
Old 09-23-2004, 05:38 AM   #58
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Galiforn realised that he had sat down at the wrong table when he came back,
'sorry devak, is it?' he said
'i must depart!' and he then walked over to the table where nurvingiel
and another elf were sat talking to a man
Old 09-23-2004, 11:51 AM   #59
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nurvingiel guessed why Mirilya put her hood on inside, and didn't blame the young elf. She personally made it a policy to never hide her elvishness, and this had gotten her into trouble more than once. However, despite the forbidding name, Nurvingiel suspected that patrons here didn't really care what race you were. Erkenbrand didn't seem unfriendly toward elves, but Nurvingiel had been wrong about people before. She noticed he had a different accent than other people in the pub, but couldn't place it.
Quote:
Old 09-23-2004, 04:13 PM   #60
Haradrim

"Well the names Erkenbrand, as I have just stated. I am of the Rohirrim. I am not an outcast persay but I never felt like I belonged with my people. They all just seemed like outsiders to me. SO I decided to move up this way. I heard there was a strange assortment of people. Dont worry my elf friends I dont care what race you are as long as your a good story teller." One elf, Mirilya he thought, looked taken aback. He had never had problem identifying them. THey were generally fairer of voice, and they walked with a light step. He never found it too hard. Except for that one elf. He chuckled. "So my friends. Where do we all hail from?"