Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-09-2004, 02:10 PM   #21
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
*Lerin awoke suddenly*

Lerin: Aight! That's it! You all are the quiet type, but I haven't been lost an' alone for some odd years just to hear you sit quietly and listen. I want another mug of ale.

*When Lerin recived this next mug, she began a song that would have scalded the ears off of any bashfull maid present. The song was finished by Lerin drowning the last few words with the full mug of ale.*

Lerin: I know you be thinking I shouldn't be saying such words as all that, but I say to you that lady dwarves have a fouler mouth than any other mouths I've come accross. I have not come across any for, what would it be, eleven years. I was cast out ya see, a half breed and all. They don't like to keep half breeds in their mines. So I had to leave. I went and tried to find a nice cave for meself. I stumbled through Moria, and got lost in the northern woods. I went to the far north and back again, and have aquired enough wealth to keep me drunk for the rest of my miserable life. *Roaring to standing* Now don't anyone touch me! I have no weapons but my teeth and those are sharp. *Flopps back down into chair* Now, does anyone have any biscuts and gravy? I been hungry for a hot meal for many ages, it seems like.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Katt_knome_hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 10:03 PM   #22
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC: If I do somehting that isn't good tell me and I'll but I'm going to pretend like it's been sevral days since my charater disapered to her room and this is going to happen just after Lerin's song.

IC:
Talya entered the room again. This time she was not bouncy nor was she very happy. "I have remembered my tale.It is not mine persay, but all of your tales. For out of this one springs the very thing all tales are made of, life. This is a tale of hardship, happiness, anger, love, hate, and struggle so powerful I fear it will effect us all more than we know. Please be pateint it is very long. This is how it begins: In the beginning there was Eru, the one, who in Arda is called Illuvatar." Her story went on to the end. All there listened to their history from this bard they thought had fanciful tales and now relized she had more. Ending, "That will be my last tale. How can top somthing like that? It is to long for me to relate again. I will go now, perhaps the elves will take in someone with a deformed horse and no other friend in the world?" She stood wanting to hear if they liked her story.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 12:22 PM   #23
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Lerin: Lass, I didn't understand half of that. But I was mesmerized by your voice. You tell the truth of all ages, and no one could hear that without taking a long hard look at their own lives.

Old 05-13-2004, 12:44 PM   #24
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

Devak: Very nice mistress Bard, I applaud you and your talents, *she sat up in her chair as she spoke* Now if you wish I know many a elven song, I shall play a few to you, but first I shall call a few of my friends *she brought the pipe to her lips and blew a note that was so high no one had heard it, Five creatures looking like small dragons flew into the room and landed on the table in front of her*
Devak: Good girls *she said to the little dragons, One was silver and the rest were golden in color, The silver flew up and wrapped around her neck* Hello picalo, Good girl, now do we all remember the tale of tinuvel?
Picalo: *nods her small head and squeaks to the others as she lands back of the table and stands on her haunches, she begians to sing soft trills at first then her confindace grows untill they all join in*
Devak: *begins to sing*
The leaves were long, the grass was green, the hemlock umbuls tall and fair,
And in a glade of light was seen of stars and shadow shimmering
Tinuvel was daceng there to music of a pipe unseen the glow oif stars was in her hair and in her reminet gilmering... *she continued her song as Picalo's trills climbed to outragious hights, Devak's voice mirored hers as she sang the words*
Tinuvel, Tinuvel, he called her by elvish name, she stopped and then a spell, then doom fell on Tinuvel.
Tinuvel, elven fair imortal, elven wise he look with in the shadows of her hair and deep with in her eyes...
*the youngest gold begian to trill a low soft beat as Devak and Picalo went higher and higher*
Long that fate them boor, Iron halls and darkling door...
*slowly Devak and picalo brought it down and they finished by bring the notes up for one last time and let the note fade out*
Devak: Good girls *she pet all of them and sat down at her table picalo wrapped herself around Devak's neck as th golds snuggled in her cloak*
OCC: Sorry I didn't give the full version of the song I'm having trobble remembering most of it... Sorry...

*devak laughs crazily*
Blue: Oh boy, She's cracked, She's gone nuts, Devak, Devak get a grip.
*Devak grabs blue by the throat*
Blue: Good grip
Duh! I've got markers!!!! :P
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 07:20 PM   #25
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Lerin: Wow, you elves have really gotta gift. Can ya tell me how those songs come about? Do you pass them down for generations, ore just make them up when you can remember the story?

Old 05-18-2004, 12:46 PM   #26
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

Devak: I'm no elf... *smlies* I'm part elf... Anyway, It's the way we remember the past, and envoke the future... *she leaned back in her chair as she spoke her hood fell to her sholders revealing silver hair that fell to about her waist, and a scar on her fore-head in the shape of a crestent moon, she relized her hood had fallen and she quickly snached it back up*
Devak: ....... anyway......

*devak laughs crazily*
Old 05-18-2004, 03:12 PM   #27
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Lerin: Well, I can see you're uneasy about yer scars. I am certainly not. *Shows off calf* I got this one scrounging for fish and almost drowned. I'll show you some more if ye like. I also want to do like my new elf friends and extrapolate a new song from an old story. I could gi' yee a song with such language to singe the ears of any bashfull maid.

Old 05-20-2004, 09:48 AM   #28
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

Devak: Have a seat... *she motions to a chair and it pulls out on it's own* I know many stories, and many songs form the past... I could teach you a few *she pet Picalo, who was wrapped around her neck* If you'd like...

*devak laughs crazily*
Old 05-20-2004, 11:33 AM   #29
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren saw Siano come in and was interested to see a ranger, they didn't often come to the Forsaken inn. But most fascinating was Talya's tale. He had been present for much of it, and was amazed at her accuracy. He stood, "Well sung young one, and you tale was suprisingly true, little was changed from what I remember." He pushed back his hair to show his ears and said, "I have a song."
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 06:15 PM   #30
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Lerin: I fear I must leave before you even start your excelent, or what promeses to be so, song. *Dumps coins on table.* I have warn out my welcome, and now I leave you.

*Lerin exited out through the stables, and did not wonder about her new elf friends, for she was bound for the city of Rivendel, never to be seen by that barkeep again.*

Old 06-03-2004, 12:31 PM   #31
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

Devak: Fair enough friend I hope we shall meet agian,
*picalo coos as Devak scratches her back*
Devak: Come on pic, Let's go for a walk shall we?
Picalo: *chirp*
Devak: *Walks outside in to the night, The air is cool and comforting, she looks into the distance and sees the full moon shining in the east and to the west, The setting sun. She walks with quick steps towards the forest, she comes to a clearing and begins.....*

I know the sound of each rock and stone
And I embrace what others fear
You are not to roam in this forgotten place
Just the likes of me are welcome here
Everything breathes and I know each breath
For me it means life for others it’s death
Everything balanced everything planed
More than enough for this woman…

*she takes off her cloak, and her sliver hair glints in the moon light, she is dressed in an amozon like outfit made of leather, She climbs one of the old trees and continuse.....*

Like every tree stands on it’s own
Reaching for the sky I stand alone
I share my world with no one else
All by my self I stand alone

*she pulls herself up higher and high in the tree, until she reaches a large thick branch, her eyes glint icy blue in the moonlight*

(yeah yeah oh heyyy oh oh oh)
*picloa adds her voice and they both crasendo up to amazing hights*
*she jumps to the ground and lands of her feet looking towards the tavern*

I’ve seen your world with these very eyes
Don’t come any closer don’t even try
I’ve felt all the pain and heard all the lies
But in my world there is no compromise

Like every tree stands on it’s own
Reaching for the sky I stand alone
I share my world with no one else
All by my self I stand alone…
All by myself,
I stand alone

*she lets the note die from her lips as she leans on the side of the tree,*
Devak: *sigh* I don't know pic, I wish someone could understand....
OC: I know the song is from QUEST FOR CAMILOT but I thought it would be interesting to put it in)

*devak laughs crazily*
Old 06-07-2004, 06:37 PM   #32
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

This is RP???

Siano downed his ale while listening to song and tale. he nodded at an elf who did take notice of him, and he retired to his room. It was a dank room, but it was dry. It would be better than sleeping out in the wild this night. He would leave at first light.

(OOC: I wasn't aware there were small singing dragons in Middle Earth, let alone in Third age 2904. And it was Raining and getting dark when Siano arrived.. now its sundown and a clear night. Okay.....I tried.)
Old 06-08-2004, 06:11 AM   #33
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

OCC: Leave the firelizards out of this.........LOL, Anyway I'm not from middle earth so that explaines a few things..... heh, anyway, The weather is.....unpredicable.............

*devak laughs crazily*
Old 06-09-2004, 11:48 AM   #34
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Ohhh Kay....

Siano had a good night sleep, but the first sound of bird awoke him. He arose and forgone with any breakfast and was out of the Inn in the early grey dawn. A chirp brought his horse, and he mounted up and rode off, saying goodbye to the Forsaken Inn until next time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(OOC: Whatever you say Amea. I remembered why I don't RP here on Entmoot now. It sure is hard to find anyplace that sticks to Middle Earth RP. Have fun.)
Old 07-01-2004, 09:25 AM   #35
Entling
Sapling

A short and chubby maid walks in. This would be the perfect time to show her stripes with these new guests.
Maid: "Welcome one and all to the Fforsaken inn! A wonderful place in part because of it's marvelous service. Let me know if you desire anyhting. We will travel to the ends of the Earth to obtain it for you."
Bar Tender: (with a newfound intensity) Yes and while we're at it, all you guests out there take a seat by the fire and let me tell you a story of the inn!
Maid: Walks around to the fire greeting those who walk up and offering food and drink to all.
Entling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:36 PM   #36
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Sorry for ignoring your character LCOU, I've been away for a while.

Nurvingiel was normally shy around strangers, but at the appearance of the energetic dwarf, she found herself tounge-tied. At her shy silence, the dwarf politely excused himself to arrange for a room.
Nurvingiel was shy, but she not unkind. She felt bad for being rude to the dwarf, so she decided to seek him out. Taking her ale with her, she got up to look for the dwarf. She wouldn't be much use to him though - she had just come from the South and had no news for him. It had been quite a while since she had been to Eriabor (where she had aquired a taste for ale).
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:41 PM   #37
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

ooc: i not been posting anyway on accounts of computer death!

ic: Galiforn the Dwarf suddenly aroused from his 2 month sleep, and walked down the hallway toward the common room, where he bumped into nurvingiel. "hello again nurvingiel, how are you today?" he enquired
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 05:12 PM   #38
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: lol Chrys!

"Oh, hi there. I was just looking for you," said Nurvingiel. "How did you know my name? I don't believe we were introduced."
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 07-04-2004, 07:31 PM   #39
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

"I know many things," he replied with a mischievous smile
"For I am old, old even as the elves reckon time, do not
look with your eyes only, for many things are lost to the sight!"
[narrator's voice!]this was the usual way that Galiforn spoke, talking without saying anything, and yet saying everything at the same time.[/narrator's voice]
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 10:49 PM   #40
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nurvingiel was puzzled by Galiforn's hints at his age. Dwarves led long lives for mortals, but even she, a young elf, was much older than any Dwarf. "But are you not a Dwarf master Galiforn? I did learn a delicious habit from Dwarves," she said, taking a sip of her ale, "But surely you did not learn immortality from Elves." Galiforn and Nurvingiel made their way back to the fire.
Quote: