Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2005, 10:51 AM   #1
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Boromir I became a wraith?

I have a small question for you that I came by while reading the tread “Men of the Appendices”
Remember Boromir I son of Denethor I ?
Quote:
In the last years of Denethor I the race of uruks, black orcs of great strength, first appeared out of Mordor, and in 2475 they swept across Ithilien and took Osgiliath. Boromir son of Denethor (after whom Boromir of the Nine Walkers was later named) defeated them and regained Ithilien; but Osgiliath was finally ruined, and its great stone-bridge was broken. No people dwelt there afterwards. Boromir was a great captain, and even the Witch-king feared him. He was noble and fair of face, a man strong in body and in will, but he received a Morgul-wound in that war which shortened his days, and he became shrunken with pain and died twelve year after his father.(2489).
So, Boromir I received a Morgul-wound and lived for 14 years? How was that possible? Frodo was expected to die within a few days after his wound! Did Boromir get medical (magical) help? And from whom? Aragorn and Glorfindel were both unable to heal Frodo, only Elrond was capable of it. But Erlond was hardly present in Minas-Tirith in 2475. So who has helped Boromir? And did he eventually die “normally” or did he become a wraith and joined Earnur’s company in Minas Morgul?
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote